TEFL certification

I see several websites offering online TEFL certification. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of any of these online programs?

If teaching there, let the school system take care of it. I looked into teaching English in Shenzhen for year. They send you to Beijing for a 3 week crash course, then take care of board and room also. The salary is around $30,000 US eqivalent and also you will learn Manadarin two afternoons a week. :)

I see several websites offering online TEFL certification. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of any of these online programs?

If teaching there, let the school system take care of it. I looked into teaching English in Shenzhen for year. They send you to Beijing for a 3 week crash course, then take care of board and room also. The salary is around $30,000 US eqivalent and also you will learn Manadarin two afternoons a week. :)

Sounds like a good alternative. I want to spend my next year waiting here doing something constructive just in case the VO says NO again. I will already have a house there so I think I might be better off coming with my own credentials in tact.

Hi Chilton,

I took teflonline.com. It cost $325. You do not get any teacher observed training with most online courses where you get your own teaching style graded. The course is quick and they have videos of teachers teaching in the classroom. You have a tutor who can answer your questions and grades your assignments. Each tutor at least has a Master's. If you have time to do a course where you get observed teaching time, I would recommend it. What is the name of the company in Shenzhen that allows you to do get training in Beijing? Thanks.

Padre

Hi Chilton,

I took teflonline.com. It cost $325. You do not get any teacher observed training with most online courses where you get your own teaching style graded. The course is quick and they have videos of teachers teaching in the classroom. You have a tutor who can answer your questions and grades your assignments. Each tutor at least has a Master's. If you have time to do a course where you get observed teaching time, I would recommend it. What is the name of the company in Shenzhen that allows you to do get training in Beijing? Thanks.

Padre

Hi Padre,

Thanks for your answer. I have seen these courses for this price. What is the name of the school? Are you teaching in China now? I would also like to know the name of the company ShenzhenK1.

Thanks again,

Charles