Would it be too soon if I took a copy of the DS 230 to China with me and help my fiancee fill it out (but wait to sign and date it until we actually get the P3) when I visit her in Feb 08? I just sent in the I129F a couple of weeks ago.

Also, Question 14 of the DS 230 asks for Name of Spouse and Date of Marriage, etc...we're K1, what should be put for this question....N/A?

Would it be too soon if I took a copy of the DS 230 to China with me and help my fiancee fill it out (but wait to sign and date it until we actually get the P3) when I visit her in Feb 08? I just sent in the I129F a couple of weeks ago.

Also, Question 14 of the DS 230 asks for Name of Spouse and Date of Marriage, etc...we're K1, what should be put for this question....N/A?

I filled it in (non-saveable pdf) as best I could ahead of time so it would have most fields printed on the printer.

Things I didn't know (her parents names, their address etc.) I asked her in email and filled in.

Really all she had to do was sign it when I brought it to China.

One thing I noticed is the latest ds-230 from nvc is not save-able, but the address fields have been expanded to 2 lines. The previous version there was no way to get the address on 1 line.

Also, I printed out a blank ds-230 and let her sign it in case I totally ruined the printed one, I could hand write the other one.

I am I-130 though, so for me having the DS-230 finished, and in my hands in america was really important. For you, she can always fill it out again her self in China before the interview.

So, short answer .. SURE, why not give her as many pre-filled in forms as possible.

Oh, and I dunno for marriage date. but it seems everyone here goes K1 or K3, so I am sure someone will have an answer for you.

Sometimes I think I am the only person who went straight I-130.

Edited by credzba (see edit history)

You are single right? at least i assume you are

So you don't have a spouse .... yet

I believe i put N/A in that line

I filled it in (non-saveable pdf) as best I could ahead of time so it would have most fields printed on the printer.

Things I didn't know (her parents names, their address etc.) I asked her in email and filled in.

Really all she had to do was sign it when I brought it to China.

One thing I noticed is the latest ds-230 from nvc is not save-able, but the address fields have been expanded to 2 lines. The previous version there was no way to get the address on 1 line.

Also, I printed out a blank ds-230 and let her sign it in case I totally ruined the printed one, I could hand write the other one.

I am I-130 though, so for me having the DS-230 finished, and in my hands in america was really important. For you, she can always fill it out again her self in China before the interview.

So, short answer .. SURE, why not give her as many pre-filled in forms as possible.

Oh, and I dunno for marriage date. but it seems everyone here goes K1 or K3, so I am sure someone will have an answer for you.

Sometimes I think I am the only person who went straight I-130.

Never too early to get all this paper work right!!

You answer N/A on number 14.........

The new form is fillable but a pain to manipulate at times!! :lol:

On my second trip to China, just before my application was sent to NVC, I took all the P-3 and P-4 forms over to work on. It helped to quickly enlighten my girlfriend on just what they were and by filling them out well ahead of time it left us more stress free and with more time to work on the eventual interview.

Good luck to you both.

tsap seui

On my second trip to China, just before my application was sent to NVC, I took all the P-3 and P-4 forms over to work on. It helped to quickly enlighten my girlfriend on just what they were and by filling them out well ahead of time it left us more stress free and with more time to work on the eventual interview.

Good luck to you both.

tsap seui

I thought about taking the P4 forms as well, but the DS-157 form will most likely expire before we will have our interview. The DS-156 is already expired. I don't know if it makes a difference but I figure its not good to have expired forms

Good luck to you both.

tsap seui

I thought about taking the P4 forms as well, but the DS-157 form will most likely expire before we will have our interview. The DS-156 is already expired. I don't know if it makes a difference but I figure its not good to have expired forms

It's not the forms expiring you will worry about, it is all the little bits of information that you will need to get correct (and worry about all the time too). Example: what was her home address at age 16? What is the name and address of her high school (in English). What is her third brothers address and occupation (in English)? Trust me on this one, bring the forms and just get the information, you can always update with new forms later once you have the info needed.

It often happens that a form will "expire" before a new one is available. In that case, you simply continue using the old one.

Even if a new form is published, they will likely continue accepting the old one until the old one is out of date because of new information that is required.

Check the USCIS or DOS forms web site for details as to which versions are still accepted.

Good luck to you both.

tsap seui

It's not the forms expiring you will worry about, it is all the little bits of information that you will need to get correct (and worry about all the time too). Example: what was her home address at age 16? What is the name and address of her high school (in English). What is her third brothers address and occupation (in English)? Trust me on this one, bring the forms and just get the information, you can always update with new forms later once you have the info needed.

haha, good point. Well then I guess I will stick to my original plan and bring all the P3 and P4 documents. Expired forms be damned! (Can I say that?)

On question 22 and 23 of the form, I am fiancee needs to provide the location of her employer and school, respectively. Does the location have to be Street name and Number, City, Province, Zip? Or can it be just the city or street name? I guess I'm asking how detailed does the the location have to be?