filling in the blanks

Ok this may have been talked about many times, but I'm not sure on how search for the needed info.

When you are filling out any of the many needed form for the visa process should all blanks be filled in?

IE: none or n/a :)

Nobody has any thoughts on this one? Trying to get the general thoughts and ideas on this subject.

Ok this may have been talked about many times, but I'm not sure on how search for the needed info.

When you are filling out any of the many needed form for the visa process should all blanks be filled in?

IE: none or n/a :)

Nobody has any thoughts on this one? Trying to get the general thoughts and ideas on this subject.

I went ahead and filled in all the blanks. If it didn't apply I put n/a or none.

This is from the General Filing Instructions for the I-129F:

C. Answer all questions fully and accurately. State that an item is not applicable with "N/A." If the answer is "none," write none.

So I just assumed this is standard protocol for all forms, but maybe somebody that knows more will correct me.

N/A: Is for questions that DO NOT APPLY, like for example: "Have you been pregnant?" And you are a man. Or A# and you are a US citizen by birth.

None: Is used on lines where it could apply but you do not have, example an apartment number.

N/A: Is for questions that DO NOT APPLY, like for example: "Have you been pregnant?" And you are a man. Or A# and you are a US citizen by birth.

None: Is used on lines where it could apply but you do not have, example an apartment number.

That is what my "visa" attorney did as well with all my paper work, none or N/A depending on the question! :happydance:

We put N/A in the blanks as the sample at 001.

I also use none or N/A in the non used fields.

Thanks everybody. While on the subject of forms, should I take them this first trip? We are meeting for the first time and have talked about this some. Not planning any marriage until next trip if we are the ones for each other. That is also when I will meet mom and dad.

Now there is something to make you shake in your boots about. Meeting the parents and saying you want to take their little girl away to the US. :unsure:

While on the subject of forms, should I take them this first trip?

Might as well take the G-325A copies. Bring some extra's too, because it is enivatable you will make some mistake/correction/spelling/etc.. at some point of time. Or, if you have internet access, just print them off when you are there. Get her original signature on them, but don't date it yet. You never know what might happen there on this trip, so bringing the papers with is not a bad idea.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

Might as well take the G-325A copies. Bring some extra's too, because it is enivatable you will make some mistake/correction/spelling/etc.. at some point of time. Or, if you have internet access, just print them off when you are there. Get her original signature on them, but don't date it yet. You never know what might happen there on this trip, so bringing the papers with is not a bad idea.

That leads me to the question of when getting hitched in China, does it have to be done in the province she is from and do you need the whole Divorce decree. Most of the divorce decree deals with the legal of children and property. :unsure:

That leads me to the question of when getting hitched in China, does it have to be done in the province she is from

K3's can verify, but I am pretty sure it has to be in the same city where her ID is registered too, not just same province. All your divorce decree papers, not sure, start searching here (CFL) first. But I do know that any papers you submit to China will have to be translated (same as they submit to us).

Bring some DS-230(Chinese address and signature needed) forms and get some EMS labels(have her fill out her address in "To" section of label(s) in chinese and english, you will need them later for P3. This should save you time mailing back and forth. If you need a W-7 for future tax purposes get a copy of her passport bio page.