What's up with USCIS???

Looking at most of the times listed in other members sig tags - the NOA2 comes about 90 days into the process. I am 90 days from the receipt of the NOA1 and have not received the NOA2. When I called USCIS the agent said that I would not see the NOA2 until March or April of next year. That's 7 to 8 months to NOA2 (9 months from the initial filing). I am puzzled by the timetable.

Is this the result of the flood of applications before the increased fees? :gathering:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't listen to the agent griz, if you ask me he's pretty full of it. I remember calling USCIS and the OP gave me the same excuse saying that there's a webpage on the USCIS website that displays statistics regarding the immigration visa's being processed at the moment. Now I'm not saying that the statistics are wrong but I do beg to differ and say they can be misleading at times. I was told basically the same thing and i thought I would have to wait 7-8 months also but I received my first notice right after 90 days which unfortunately was an RFE. So I would wait an additional 3-4 weeks longer before calling them. If you call again your likely to get the same excuse. Besides, for now you must wait until they send you a notice. Unfortunately there's really nothing much you can do at this point but wait... Sorry to hear that. It seems USCIS is taking their sweet time processing returns or it could be that there's an ever so growing pile up of immigration petitions being processed.

Good luck and best wishes!

Looking at most of the times listed in other members sig tags - the NOA2 comes about 90 days into the process. I am 90 days from the receipt of the NOA1 and have not received the NOA2. When I called USCIS the agent said that I would not see the NOA2 until March or April of next year. That's 7 to 8 months to NOA2 (9 months from the initial filing). I am puzzled by the timetable.

Is this the result of the flood of applications before the increased fees? :gathering:

Edited by spacebar (see edit history)

Hi there. Welcome to CFL.

Yes, there has been a back log at the CSC. I submitted my I-130 14 APR and got my approval, P2 (NOA2), dated 29 Oct. I received them on the 31st of OCT. That's 6 1/2 months. I say them, because I also submitted my I-129F the end of May.

As others have said here, grab a bag of Cheetos and waite. In my case the USCIS only sent me my NOA1 for my I-130 only last month when I went to the Immigration office is San Francisco and asked them a question about something else. The official there was upset at how their sister organization was ....not performing..so she sent an interoffice email...and a week later I got the NOA1...but then two weeks later I got my NOA2's.

Only my I-129F (K3/4) has made it to the NVC. I sent in the I-824 to have it forewarded....last month but have yet to get a NOA for this.

Best of luck to you....

Don't listen to the agent griz, if you ask me he's pretty full of it. I remember calling USCIS and the OP gave me the same excuse saying that there's a webpage on the USCIS website that displays statistics regarding the immigration visa's being processed at the moment. Now I'm not saying that the statistics are wrong but I do beg to differ and say they can be misleading at times. I was told basically the same thing and i thought I would have to wait 7-8 months also but I received my first notice right after 90 days which unfortunately was an RFE. So I would wait an additional 3-4 weeks longer before calling them. If you call again your likely to get the same excuse. Besides, for now you must wait until they send you a notice. Unfortunately there's really nothing much you can do at this point but wait... Sorry to hear that. It seems USCIS is taking their sweet time processing returns or it could be that there's an ever so growing pile up of immigration petitions being processed.

Good luck and best wishes!

Is this the result of the flood of applications before the increased fees? :xmastree:

I wonder if this has anything to do with immigration laws changing / the past fuss about it this year? Maybe people are afraid the laws will become tighter and now its the time to act? Thanks spacebar, I'm not so strung on the thought of holding an NOA2 in April :CopBust: . At that point, I would be close to seperation from the Navy, and I would just move to china no second thoughts. :coolthumb:

Edited by carl.hops (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Griz, you cannot rely on the historical data any more than you can rely on what USCIS tells you. You need to check the current trend lines. The NOA-2 is currently taking roughly 145 days from filing at CSC and VSC. The data on VJ is a good reference tool. There is also a variance depending on where you filed.

This trend started in the April/May time frame, and yes part of it is because of the spike in filings to beat the price increase.

Griz, Toplaw is correct its taking roughly 145-155 to hear anything be that approval or RFE. USCIS suck there is no doubt and theres no point calling them before 6 months is up they wont tell you anything meaningfull. Just got to wait it out with the rest of us I'm afraid, good luck :unsure: :D :(

Griz, you cannot rely on the historical data any more than you can rely on what USCIS tells you. You need to check the current trend lines. The NOA-2 is currently taking roughly 145 days from filing at CSC and VSC. The data on VJ is a good reference tool. There is also a variance depending on where you filed.

This trend started in the April/May time frame, and yes part of it is because of the spike in filings to beat the price increase.

Griz, Toplaw is correct its taking roughly 145-155 to hear anything be that approval or RFE. USCIS suck there is no doubt and theres no point calling them before 6 months is up they wont tell you anything meaningfull. Just got to wait it out with the rest of us I'm afraid, good luck :P :D :xmastree:

Yes sad to say but toplaw and Rob and Jin are right, the time line on VJ just keeps getting longer??

But keep in mind what the the USCIS web page tells you is always months behind because it is an average not always the norm. I got my NOA2 in 95 days, even though the web page said they were still working on February?? I got it in August 23, 2007!! :D B)

Guest ShaQuaNew

Is this the result of the flood of applications before the increased fees? :lol:

It took us about eight months. Was quite challenging watching those who had filed after us receive their visa before us. Still, it's important to do your best to not compare your case with others because in reality there really is no time table. Every case is unique.

B) just by curiousity , but when you mean VJ , is that Visa Journey's data ?? :lol: Sorry I was a bit unsure... :P

Griz, Toplaw is correct its taking roughly 145-155 to hear anything be that approval or RFE. USCIS suck there is no doubt and theres no point calling them before 6 months is up they wont tell you anything meaningfull. Just got to wait it out with the rest of us I'm afraid, good luck :lol: ;) B)

Yes sad to say but toplaw and Rob and Jin are right, the time line on VJ just keeps getting longer??

But keep in mind what the the USCIS web page tells you is always months behind because it is an average not always the norm. I got my NOA2 in 95 days, even though the web page said they were still working on February?? I got it in August 23, 2007!! :D B)

B) just by curiousity , but when you mean VJ , is that Visa Journey's data ?? :lol: Sorry I was a bit unsure... :P

Griz, Toplaw is correct its taking roughly 145-155 to hear anything be that approval or RFE. USCIS suck there is no doubt and theres no point calling them before 6 months is up they wont tell you anything meaningfull. Just got to wait it out with the rest of us I'm afraid, good luck :lol: ;) B)

Yes "SP" VJ means visa journey!!!!!!! :P :D

Don't look at my timeline or you will "lose it", but understand my case is "different" :lol: ..... just the same, when you talk to someone on the phone they simply tell you "useless" information. As someone said earlier, use the VJ time line or David's chart... they are usually very accurate. Be patient, unless there is a special issue, it is usually about 4-5 months to the NOA2.

Guest Rob & Jin

Hope your right, my friend, that would be great to get it the first day we are together again. :lol:

Sorry my guess was a little off, but still plenty days left in November 2007!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :V:

yes 10, my date on VJ is Dec 5th, well we will see how close to that we get something. :o :o

the uscis is slow as crap,I haven't even got my noa1 yet,i mailed my i-130 in september 24,their website says they are working on 8/30/07 petitions ,for the past month now....it's a joke....dealing with the goverment...... it stinks,but it's a waiting game.