SHE DID IT!!!!

michaelt

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fang also wants to tell everyone, when you answer questions, smile, do not be nervous, and be very happy and enthusiastic when you answer. (I know easier said than done, but that was key to her successful interview) Just pretend you are talking to, telling an old friend about you and your fiance. (try to have that mind-set)

Thanks for the follow up, Michael

I will pass that to Lulu. Now the chips are down.....Would you mind to tell us what did you bought for Fang? ;) ;)

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Believe it or not, the things I shopped for were for her mama and baba. They included: Nestles dark chocolate bars, macadamian nuts, pistachios, GNC Multi Vitamins, GNC American Ginseng, GNC Fish Oil. Nothing too spectacular. Not too sure how much everything was liked? Fang liked chocolate and pistachios!!! What a big spender I am huh? (I'm saving my "best" for when she arrives December 17th!!!)

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!

Thank you for sharing the interview questions.

I leave December 1st for GZ, to meet my sweet Li Ping for her interview on the 4th. I hope we have the same result as you guys.

I am happy for you both. You deserve it Mike. How's that paint back home? Is it dry yet? ;)

Still painting and inventing new projects every day!!! Fang's arrival got pushed up to December 17th and I'm in panic mode!!! (so much to do, so little time!!!) Wouldn't be so bad but jet lag is killing me!!!!! (got back Sat night, fell asleep at 5:30 am Sunday, and now it is Monday 3 am and still not asleep!!!! Today's gonna be rough!!!

Thank you everyone. Just enjoying some fine dining at the local Guangzhou McDonalds internet connection. Nothing but the best dining for my gal!!!!...Just kidding : )

VO was probably just checking her reaction and to see if Fang HAD an answer to color and food question. (as well as how quickly she could reply). Fortunately, we e-mailed every day, webchatted every weekend, and talked about everything!!!

In addition to our previous post about interview:

First Question: How did you meet?

Also, VO DID NOT EVER ask for her passport. Fang, in her usual wonderful way, divied them up right after saying good morning, and also said "my fiance is here now".

Fang also wants to tell everyone, when you answer questions, smile, do not be nervous, and be very happy and enthusiastic when you answer. (I know easier said than done, but that was key to her successful interview) Just pretend you are talking to and telling an old friend about you and your fiance. (try to have that mind-set)

I also want to thank Clayton and Wen Li, who we had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with at Starbucks, for their excellent suggestion to take pictures in a well-known local park near embassy. VO DID look at them!!!! Thank you Clayton and Wen Li!!! I hope your trip home is as pleasant as possible!!!

Congratulations to you both! My wife is also named Fang. One word of advice for her... be prepared to be called "fang" as in the tooth variety *SHUDDER*. My wife has since changed the spelling of her name to Fong to reduce at least most of the confusion.

This has quickly become one of my big pet peeves!

Edited by panthr (see edit history)

I leave December 1st for GZ, to meet my sweet Li Ping for her interview on the 4th. I hope we have the same result as you guys.

I am happy for you both. You deserve it Mike. How's that paint back home? Is it dry yet? :rotfl:

Still painting and inventing new projects every day!!! Fang's arrival got pushed up to December 17th and I'm in panic mode!!! (so much to do, so little time!!!) Wouldn't be so bad but jet lag is killing me!!!!! (got back Sat night, fell asleep at 5:30 am Sunday, and now it is Monday 3 am and still not asleep!!!! Today's gonna be rough!!!

Did not see this post until today, get going buddy!!

Just got the basement painted and all the rooms I am adding are now framed!! My electrician buddy stopped by to look at my project and tell me what to go and buy! Now to do a litle more finish work while waiting on the plumber and lights! One good thing is check around, a lot of sales with the housing industry struggling right now! :lol: ;)

Congratulations to you both! My wife is also named Fang. One word of advice for her... be prepared to be called "fang" as in the tooth variety *SHUDDER*. My wife has since changed the spelling of her name to Fong to reduce at least most of the confusion.

This has quickly become one of my big pet peeves!

That is so funny. I had the same thoughts!!! My sweetheart can do anything she wants....

I am happy for you both. You deserve it Mike. How's that paint back home? Is it dry yet? :(

Just got the basement painted and all the rooms I am adding are now framed!! My electrician buddy stopped by to look at my project and tell me what to go and buy! Now to do a litle more finish work while waiting on the plumber and lights! One good thing is check around, a lot of sales with the housing industry struggling right now! :D :(

Just finished all interior painting tonight. Tomorrow, assemble all those little things that were taken apart for painting (because i do things like that!). This week, prep patio for painting next weekend, brickwork, hot tub rebuild, tiki torches, Christmas lights, music.....

Life is grand (as per Clayton!!!!)

I am happy for you both. You deserve it Mike. How's that paint back home? Is it dry yet? :(

Just got the basement painted and all the rooms I am adding are now framed!! My electrician buddy stopped by to look at my project and tell me what to go and buy! Now to do a litle more finish work while waiting on the plumber and lights! One good thing is check around, a lot of sales with the housing industry struggling right now! :D :(

Just finished all interior painting tonight. Tomorrow, assemble all those little things that were taken apart for painting (because i do things like that!). This week, prep patio for painting next weekend, brickwork, hot tub rebuild, tiki torches, Christmas lights, music.....

Glad to hear it buddy!!

I have made myself quite a carpenter!! Ha Ha

My feng asked me why not build a two story home?? She works for a real estate company, one wild women! :D

Glad to hear it buddy!!

My feng asked me why not build a two story home?? She works for a real estate company, one wild women! :D

Glad to hear about your life too!!! Keep us all posted. : )

Just got the basement painted and all the rooms I am adding are now framed!! My electrician buddy stopped by to look at my project and tell me what to go and buy! Now to do a litle more finish work while waiting on the plumber and lights! One good thing is check around, a lot of sales with the housing industry struggling right now! :( :D

Glad to hear it buddy!!

My feng asked me why not build a two story home?? She works for a real estate company, one wild women! :P

Glad to hear about your life too!!! Keep us all posted. : )

I will and thanks as always, and hope all is well with you and have a great :D

Michael, Congratulations !!! You made it look so easy !!! :)

I just got back from GZ last night, so this is the first I could post.

I had made a note on my calendar that your interview was on the 19th. I knew I would try to make the ACH that same day, so I thought I might catch you in the coffee shop on the 4th floor. However, we got a late start and I did not get to the Consulate until about 11:00. When I looked for you and you were not in sight, I assumed she had an early interview.

Again, best wishes to you both, for a most happy life !!!

Michael, Congratulations !!! You made it look so easy !!! :lol:

I just got back from GZ last night, so this is the first I could post.

I had made a note on my calendar that your interview was on the 19th. I knew I would try to make the ACH that same day, so I thought I might catch you in the coffee shop on the 4th floor. However, we got a late start and I did not get to the Consulate until about 11:00. When I looked for you and you were not in sight, I assumed she had an early interview.

Again, best wishes to you both, for a most happy life !!!

Thank you so much and I am sorry I missed you also. I was looking. Had the pleasure of meeting Clayton and Wen Li and that was wonderful!!! We were done by 10am and "out of there". Just the sound of the vultures along the gauntlet yelling at these poor people holding blue or white slips was making me angry. I waited until I saw my gal and whisked her away quickly!!!

Good luck to you two and please do keep us posted. We all have best wishes going your way!!! : )