Hello eveyone

Unfortunatly i won't be able to be at Jings interview because of work but i want to make sure she has more than enough to cover all of the fees that go along with the P4 ... i know she will have to do the fingerprints, Interview fees, medical and all but i can't find anywhere that says how much they all cost.

She will be going to the interview with her son ... he will be following later in the summer so they both have to go and her interview is in 2 weeks.

Anyone able to tell me what all the current fees will be so i can send it out to her?

Dave & Jing

Sorry ... it's for a K1 & K2 visa's

I'm reading online the at the Embassy website that Jing has to fill out an electronic form, Print it and take it with her ... is this true?

Edited by iyan46 (see edit history)
Hello eveyone

Unfortunatly i won't be able to be at Jings interview because of work but i want to make sure she has more than enough to cover all of the fees that go along with the P4 ... i know she will have to do the fingerprints, Interview fees, medical and all but i can't find anywhere that says how much they all cost.

She will be going to the interview with her son ... he will be following later in the summer so they both have to go and her interview is in 2 weeks.

Anyone able to tell me what all the current fees will be so i can send it out to her?

Dave & Jing

Is it K-1, K-3 or something else?

Hello eveyone

Dave & Jing

Is it K-1, K-3 or something else?

A K-1 will cost about $100 plus the medical exam (this is different depending upon the hospital used, look at the forms they have the value). Than about 20-40 rmb for postal fees. Than hotel rooms, food and travel. We were delayed in GUZ, during the canton trade fair, so we spent more hotel rooms than anything else.

Hello there Dave, It seems that is a problem. Can you be a bit more specific and tell us how they plan to travel? By plane or train, or neither?. As for the fees and costs, if you include hotel costs, it's another addition. I remember I was quite worried about that but thankfully she already had an idea how much we were going to need and I sent her at least 4000 yuan which was more than enough for herself. The medical examination I believe cost her between 600 or 700 KUAI/Yuan. The Visa cost an additional 700 or 800 kuai/yuan. It's a pretty safe bet she may spend around 1500-1600 kuai. Which is rougly between $200-250 for only the medical exam and fisa. I'm not quite sure about the finger prints but isn't that included with the med. exam? Anyhow that about covers the main things she has to pay for. Regarding the hotel costs, she could expect to pay roughly for a decent hotel at least 200 kuai and up for a nice hotel. Most of the members here know of nice hotels which are close to the US consulate of Guangzhou. As for the airplane tickets or bus tickests that could depend on how fast she buys them. Have you already sent her money?? If she has your debit card, that would be a fast way for her to withrdraw cash lol, I fedexed her my debit card when I sent her my I -134 along with the supplemantary forms she would need for evidence and proof for her interview :D :D

Good luck and best wishes!!

I'd definietly look at those links that tywy posted , they are extremely helpful :D

Hello eveyone

Dave & Jing

Edited by spacebar (see edit history)

Hello there Dave, It seems that is a problem. Can you be a bit more specific and tell us how they plan to travel? By plane or train, or neither?. As for the fees and costs, if you include hotel costs, it's another addition. I remember I was quite worried about that but thankfully she already had an idea how much we were going to need and I sent her at least 4000 yuan which was more than enough for herself. The medical examination I believe cost her between 600 or 700 KUAI/Yuan. The Visa cost an additional 700 or 800 kuai/yuan. It's a pretty safe bet she may spend around 1500-1600 kuai. Which is rougly between $200-250 for only the medical exam and fisa. I'm not quite sure about the finger prints but isn't that included with the med. exam? Anyhow that about covers the main things she has to pay for. Regarding the hotel costs, she could expect to pay roughly for a decent hotel at least 200 kuai and up for a nice hotel. Most of the members here know of nice hotels which are close to the US consulate of Guangzhou. As for the airplane tickets or bus tickests that could depend on how fast she buys them. Have you already sent her money?? If she has your debit card, that would be a fast way for her to withrdraw cash lol, I fedexed her my debit card when I sent her my I -134 along with the supplemantary forms she would need for evidence and proof for her interview :D :D

Hello eveyone

Dave & Jing

Thanks for the Help,

Jing and her son will be traveling by train from Nanning, Not sure about the hotel yet but she is working on that ... i told her to find one close and comfortable. I'm not sure how much in advance she should arrive .. her interview is on Tuesday and she said she should go on Sunday.. enough time? i am sending her money by WU this week and told her to deposit it immediatly and then use whatever she needs when she needs it ... don't want her carrying lots of cash until she needs it and then be very careful about who see's it.

So if i send her $1,000 that should be more than enough for her and son including travel and hotel?

and just so you all know ... she is getting very nervous now and it's making me nervous too ... i wish i could be there with her, it would make me more comfortable ... but unfortunatly my job won't allow me to take time off right now.

Hello eveyone

Dave & Jing

Thanks for the Help,

Jing and her son will be traveling by train from Nanning, Not sure about the hotel yet but she is working on that ... i told her to find one close and comfortable. I'm not sure how much in advance she should arrive .. her interview is on Tuesday and she said she should go on Sunday.. enough time? i am sending her money by WU this week and told her to deposit it immediatly and then use whatever she needs when she needs it ... don't want her carrying lots of cash until she needs it and then be very careful about who see's it.

So if i send her $1,000 that should be more than enough for her and son including travel and hotel?

and just so you all know ... she is getting very nervous now and it's making me nervous too ... i wish i could be there with her, it would make me more comfortable ... but unfortunatly my job won't allow me to take time off right now.

If she needs the 10 print finger print than that is $85. We paid that in dollars at the consulate.

Well iyan, it sounds like she should NOT have to worry about the costs. The train tickets should not run more than 500 or 400 kuai which is roughly equivalent to $55 for each person but may be even far less than that. Possibly as cheap as 180 kuai or $25-30 roughly DEPENDING on where she lives.... I'm not exactly how far nanning is from Guangzhou but if it's not too far than yu shouldn't worry too much. The hotel I doubt will be a problem, I'll ask my lao po to tell me where she stayed. She stayed in a very lovely hotel that had internet access and a computer she could use. The people were very friendly and was conveniently located near the consulate. I will post the name and address of this hotel once my lao po gets online later. It seems that you have covered your bases sending her $1000 which is more than enough for your fiancee and her son. Good luck and best wishes.

Hello eveyone

Dave & Jing

Thanks for the Help,

Edited by spacebar (see edit history)

Thanks for all the great advice, I talked with Jing just alittle while ago and i think we got it all worked out. I chk'd the websites posted and it answered most everything and what they didn't answer you all did!

thanks again

Careful-If she goes Sunday then she will have her medical on Monday. I think you can pay an expedite fee but getting the results before she goes to the Interview Tuesday morning maybe tough.

Thanks for all the great advice, I talked with Jing just alittle while ago and i think we got it all worked out. I chk'd the websites posted and it answered most everything and what they didn't answer you all did!

thanks again

Careful-If she goes Sunday then she will have her medical on Monday. I think you can pay an expedite fee but getting the results before she goes to the Interview Tuesday morning maybe tough.

Thanks for the advice ... i'll let her know ... she's not going to be happy :D because she will have to take time off of work to get there early and she tells me she doesn't have any vacation time left ... but i'm going to tell her .. and then duck :D