Good (older) Article on Chinese Asset "Bubble"

This was a good read, even though a little out of date (check the exchange rate shown on the last page! <_< ).

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge...K36139120070628

It mentions Pu'er tea specifically, one of my pet interests.

Best Regards

This was a good read, even though a little out of date (check the exchange rate shown on the last page! :blink: ).

Best Regards

Another item really jumping is cross stich. Have you seen the prices some of the items are going for in China now. Some of the xstich of traditional chinese paintings (big ones with fine stich) are going for $10,000 right now.

Mike, do you get your Pu'er from Jinghong area? Ping is from Jinghong and we brought her whole collection over; about two large suitcases full. In Jinghong all the manager give Pu'er as gifts, since they get it as gifts from all the really good tea mountains areas. Jinghong seems to be a really good area to buy fthe tea. Very good prices compared to other cities; plus, very good quality.

Edited by Don (see edit history)
This was a good read, even though a little out of date (check the exchange rate shown on the last page! :o ).

Best Regards

Another item really jumping is cross stich. Have you seen the prices some of the items are going for in China now. Some of the xstich of traditional chinese paintings (big ones with fine stich) are going for $10,000 right now.

Mike, do you get your Pu'er from Jinghong area? Ping is from Jinghong and we brought her whole collection over; about two large suitcases full. In Jinghong all the manager give Pu'er as gifts, since they get it as gifts from all the really good tea mountains areas. Jinghong seems to be a really good area to buy fthe tea. Very good prices compared to other cities; plus, very good quality.

Most of what I have is from MengHai factory, but I'm getting more from Chang Yun, which is in Simao, Yunnan. I have mostly inexpensive shu for consumption, but I'm getting some collector grade and I'm hoping to broker investment grade sheng direct from a teahouse my wife has close ties to. It should be a good investment, but... in the unlikely event that it goes down in the near future, just drink it!!

Best Regards

This was a good read, even though a little out of date (check the exchange rate shown on the last page! :o ).

Best Regards

Most of what I have is from MengHai factory, but I'm getting more from Chang Yun, which is in Simao, Yunnan. I have mostly inexpensive shu for consumption, but I'm getting some collector grade and I'm hoping to broker investment grade sheng direct from a teahouse my wife has close ties to. It should be a good investment, but... in the unlikely event that it goes down in the near future, just drink it!!

Best Regards

Sorry i think i just posted the same info in a different thread. I kept meaning to ask you, so i was not sure if i finally asked.

Best Regards

Best Regards

Sorry i think i just posted the same info in a different thread. I kept meaning to ask you, so i was not sure if i finally asked.

MengHai is close to jinghong. Simao, Yunnan is one big city out from jinghong toward kumming.