Whales keypad for chinese characters

My so brought this device that hooks to my usb port that will allow her to write chinese characters on a keypad. I am looking for instructions in english.

All I can make out is the brand name 'whales' and qq/msn on a bright yellow button.

It is basically just a writing pad where a person can write chinese character with a light pen and it show up.

Anybody know anything about it ?

If you add asian language support to your PC you should be able to go into the Text service and Language Input devices area and add a Handwriting recognition device for Chinese. Then it's a case of trial and error to see if the existing drivers communicate with the writing pad.

If that doesn't work try searching for "Chinese Handwriting Input System", you should be able to pick one up for about $50 that will give you instructions in English.

To input (and recognize) Chinese characters, you need to add the Japanese IME (wouda thunk?).

That works with the Windows XP system and just recognizes incoming Chinese characters??? :unsure:

Japanese uses the same character set, except that they have two additional phonetic alphabets.

The character recognition is very good, but Jiaying likes her Twinbridge software better.

To input (and recognize) Chinese characters, you need to add the Japanese IME (wouda thunk?).

That works with the Windows XP system and just recognizes incoming Chinese characters??? :ph34r:

Japanese uses the same character set, except that they have two additional phonetic alphabets.

The character recognition is very good, but Jiaying likes her Twinbridge software better.

Thanks just one more thing to get ready!! B)

I still have not got that new bathroom and bedroom done yet!!! :(