Drinking hot water

The esophagus is a muscle, and it reacts the way our other muscles react when ice cold water hits it. That can lead to all kinds of problems. I have been through them.

Fortunately, the esophagus will heal naturally if it is not abused with things like ice cold water. I have been through that too, so I like the Chinese way of serving no water colder than room temperature.

JMHO

I totally agree with YHO..... :rolleyes:

I think that you and I had some of the same training, Chilton. :unsure:

I also like this list of reasons that the old chinese "fact" might be true. It is easy for me, since i have never liked cold water. I even let my ice cream melt till it like a milk shake.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When in Guilin for a week with my so, and on the weekends we left home we often drank cold water from the shops (just have to shop around you will find cold drinks) Not ice cold, but nice and cold. I never did like ice cold water, far to cold for me, in fact I like room temp water the best but drinking hot water, I wont do it! :rolleyes:

I drank hot water last here for about 8 months, tastes like the plastic it was bottled in. :unsure:

Shes traditional in some ways, and in others, shes real liberal and willing to try different things. ^_^ were lucky, lao po really cares for my health always suggesting that I should get more sleep and to wash my hands after touching the keyboard :D

When in Guilin for a week with my so, and on the weekends we left home we often drank cold water from the shops (just have to shop around you will find cold drinks) Not ice cold, but nice and cold. I never did like ice cold water, far to cold for me, in fact I like room temp water the best but drinking hot water, I wont do it! :ph34r:

I drank hot water last here for about 8 months, tastes like the plastic it was bottled in. B)

Shes traditional in some ways, and in others, shes real liberal and willing to try different things. ;) were lucky, lao po really cares for my health always suggesting that I should get more sleep and to wash my hands after touching the keyboard :D

Nice thoughts and see the cat picture returned!! :(

I'm not quite sure and I'm very forgetful lol. Call me absent minded if you wll but a friend of mine gave me a pretty simple and logical explanation as to why Chinese people drink hot water.

Tell me what you think!

A person who drinks cold water and eats food that may be hot or warm is more like to clog up their arteries and that is because the water is not hot enough for your body to digest food properly and the oil, grease remains clogged in your body. It's almost as if you are cooilng the food and just like a piece of chicken that is placed in the fridge and freezes and you can see the fat. It's sort of the same if you think about it. Next time you drink a pop with ice cubes and eat greasy food. Think about what happens in your body and how the fat remains if you don't exercise. Now, a person who tends to drink very hot water water which purifies your body and by the way the water is so boiled hot that it's virtually hard for any bacteria to survive. Hence, the hot water not only is healthy for you but also helps you break down the fat in your body. Now remember, I'm no health nutritionist or guro, or even close to being a chemistry teacher but as crazy as it may sound it made some sense. I remember the second trip I made to China in June of this year, I felt so sick , I had the flu and my throat was extremely dry. My lao po had me drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink Hot water all day. I felt I was going to OD on water but in less than three or two days. My throat was feeling better and my fever had gone away. I agree that drinking hot water is very healthy but I enjoy drink a warm glass of tap water. But if you ask me, hot water is the best way to go to ensure that virtually all or mostly all the bacteria is killed.

My dear wife never ceases to amaze me. I think it is her sole intention to change me into a china man. First she lured me into her charm and fast went to work. She tells me what to eat, my house is full of tea and herbs, I am now an co owner with her on a house in china. I also have a chinese name that is notarized with the chinese government.

Now here comes the hard part. She wants me to quit drinking cold water and only drink hot water. :( Does anyone share similar circumstances? :ph34r:

Edited by spacebar (see edit history)

I love ice cold water with any meal. Hate hot water or hot drinks except hot chocolate.

But after reading all these posts, I may start weaning myself off the cold stuff.

I hope there's no withdrawal symptoms associated with this. :happydance:

Happy turkey day to you and Christine!!

If you actually have been to Shenzhen where did you find cold water??

No ice in any restaurants only cold pop from the stores!!!!! :)

I love ice cold water with any meal. Hate hot water or hot drinks except hot chocolate.

But after reading all these posts, I may start weaning myself off the cold stuff.

I hope there's no withdrawal symptoms associated with this. :)

Happy turkey day to you and Christine!!

If you actually have been to Shenzhen where did you find cold water??

No ice in any restaurants only cold pop from the stores!!!!! B)

And a Happy T'giving to you as well. :)

Usually had either barely chilled Sprite or barely chilled bottled water in the restaurants in Shenzhen. ;)

I hope there's no withdrawal symptoms associated with this. :roller:

Yes Dave there are withdrawal symptoms but none of them are physical :shifty: