I did get married HK 02/28/07 and from all my conversations with HK and here in the states, the next interview will be in HK. I was turned down in GUZ for not a "bonifide relationship".

I just sent in all my paperwork I-130 to Mesquite, Tx. and will here something shortly.

At least I can attend the interview with my wife now. They are very nice in HK.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a clinical psychologist with a diplomate in forensics. I encounter this problem frequently regarding the effects of a "record". I need more info to attempt to respond here. Did you get a child abuse charge or a domestic violence charge ? Did CPS determine that services were indicated for either boy ? And are you now on the central registry and if so, for how long ? (I think that the IMBRA form that has been used in the past by the USCIS informs the fiance/wife of any history of domestic violence/child abuse/criminal activity of her potential mate).

Also, substantiated cases can be unsubstantiated through legal means. Your lawyer ( the one you will probably need to hire ) needs to schedule an administrative law hearing at the department where the charges were substantiated. You will need an "expert" ( another person you'll need to hire, someone more credible then the CPS worker ) to say that the CPS worker who handled the allegation was wrong. The "expert" will have to establish their credibility with the law judge and have dissected every single step in the process of substantiating your case. The "expert" will work hard to find holes in the CPS workers judgement, and need to be more qualified to make these determinations then the masters level CPS worker. Also, a physician can be helpful also in evaluating pics of bruises...and you might be able to find one who will say that the bruises were not due to your actions that day. An administrative law judge will be able to decide whether you were treated fairly by the "system". It is possible for this whole thing to go away if the right steps are taken. You will have to throw money at it though, and not give up...alot like the process of building a relationship with a woman 1/2 way across the world.

Raising a teenager is tough tough work, and to keep your head at all times when going thru a divorce is especially tough. I know this is an understatement...I've been where you are. Please use all the supportive people in your life and lean on them daily if needed.

I've used united.com for my 4 trips to China. Get a mileage plus visa card before using united.com. That way, you can earn bonus miles, upgrades etc... for all your trips and purchases. Use the card for everything you buy. Also, you get 10,000 miles a year for using transaction checks. So, borrow the money ( 20,000 dollars) one month ( for the 10,000 miles) and then pay it back the next. It will be the cheapest 10,000 miles you will ever earn. Two of my trips cost me almost nothing ( except taxes for the tickets ) because of the mileage plus card.

I would suggest you go as direct as you can. I say this because the travel day would be so terribly long for even 1 stop. You're going to lose a night of sleep anyway...why make it worse. Drive yourself to chicago the night before you leave, stay at a park and fly hotel, and take an early non-stop flight to HK. You'll arrive 15.5 hours later with a 12 hour time change forward, so you'll miss one day going there. Be prepared to experience jetlag like you cannot believe. Since she is in Shenzhen, she simply needs to get a visa to go to HK and then take the train for a 45 minute ride to HK international. The I-130 may take longer to get thru then the I-129 F... at least that's what I've seen so far.

Best of luck, Marc

Sorry to ask again but, do others here think that my record will be a problem?

no-one can anwser that but USCIS.

:lol: