Getting the Affidavit of Support notarized in China

My wife and I filed our CR-1 visa directtlly throught the US Embassy in Beijing. We have just submitted our DS-230 and are waiting for the Consulate in Guangzhou to assign her an interview date. We must bring a bunch of documnents to that interview, including my Affidavit of Support, notarized by a Notary Public or by a US Consular official. We live in Henan Province and the nearest consulate is in Chengdu, I believe. Will I have to take my Affidavit to Chendgu to get it notarized there or can I have a Chinese notary do it? Or, is there some other way?

I-864 does not need to be notarized.

Are the Affidavit of Support forms required to be notarized?

No. The sponsor just has to sign the form. You should know however, when the sponsor signs an Affidavit of Support form, he/she certifies that the information provided, transcript and/or photocopy of tax documentation is true and correct, under penalty of perjury.

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

Well, all comments seem to be unanimous ~ the "new" Affidavit does not have to be notarized! That is good news, at least from a work-I-have-to-do standpoint. The instructions they sent along with the form clearly said "have it notarized . . ."

Many thanks for your help.

Well, all comments seem to be unanimous ~ the "new" Affidavit does not have to be notarized! That is good news, at least from a work-I-have-to-do standpoint. The instructions they sent along with the form clearly said "have it notarized . . ."

Many thanks for your help.

If you complete the old form they sent you it has a place to be notarized, the new one downloaded from USCIS does not require this.

Getting the form notarized for the interview is easy, take it to GZ with you and have it done by the consulate. You will need to arrive a few days early to have the medical exam performed and this gives you plenty of time to have it done.