PassportsPlus

Has anyone used this? I'm finding it very inconvenient (and expensive) that I can no longer get a Chinese tourist visa through mail service.

To be honest, I am also somewhat leery about sending my passport out.

Thanks,

P.J.

I have not used this particular service but it really is the only way to go. Single entry for 30 days with a 4 day wait is $35 plus the $50 visa fee. It is better than driving to a consulate, renting a hotel room, and waiting for the visa. :D

Hi R2D2,

That seems to be the going rate. A single entry thirty day visa through www.flychina.com costs 89 dollars for the standard service. That includes the cost of the visa, the processing and delivery fees.

Naturally if you're short on time, and need the visa quicker, you'll have to pay for it!

Best Wishes

Also be aware that, if you go into China via HK, can get one there within 24 hours. I did this once and, if I remember correctly, it was maybe about $75. Once I even got my visa at the border at LoWu train station (at Shenzhen) but had to sit there in the station waiting for 3 hours.

PJ,

Call the Chinese Consulate for your area. They should be able to give you the name of someone handling this. If you needed to go thru the California Consulate, I could give you the name of the person I used. For a double entry Visa for 6 months I paid $ 95. and this included the Visa which was $ 75 dollars. If you want his number or e-mail address, than e-mail me. I got my back in 10 days. Don't worry about sending your passport in the mail. send it by priority mail with deleivery conformation to be on the safe side. But yes, you can get a visa at the border if you go thru Hong Kong into ShenZhen. The bus from the airport also will take you to GuangZhou after you pass customs in ShenZhen. GuangZhou is about a three hour bus trip from Hong Kong and ShenZhen is about 45 minutes from Hong Kong.

If you send your passport through the mail to a Chinese Embassy/Consulate I strongly suggest you pay for and send it return receipt requested. I believe all Chinese Embassies also request you include a pre-paid priorty mail return envelope. I have done this a few times and except for the postage the cost in minimal, usually less then $60 including the visa.

Unless of course you are in a rush. Don't send it to a Chinese Embassy unless it is at least three weeks to a month before your trip. You could very well get it back in 10-12 days but the one time you are cutting it close you will get burned, Murphy's Law!!!!!

Good Luck

Guest Dave & Qun

Try www.g3visas.com. I have used them three times with great results. Easy web site.

1st noa 10/17/02

2nd noa 12/12/02

p-3 mailed 02/25/03

p-3 recieved 03/02/03

p-3 returned 03/04/03

DOS namecheck submitted 03/22/03

DOS cleared 06/10/03

Interview 07/07/03