X-rays lost : Is this is a concern

Hello ,

everyone!

After my Zhuzhu laopo succeeded to pass her interview, she forgot about one thing and wanted me to get some feedback from everyone.

I was just wondering if the SO loses the X-rays and forgets to hand them in at the US consulate of Guangzhou, will this be a problem?? She was a bit concerned and cannot find it now (the x-rays). She is afraid, she thinks the government will think she lied about the form about not turning in the X-rays. Although other people told her not to worry about this in her K1 chatting group on QQ.

Please let me know what you think?

Anyone?

Thanks again,

Sincerely qiaozhi.

Yeah, don't worry about it.

I've never seen where they were asked for by immigrations officer at the POE, much lese the consulate.

I think the x-ray is an old requirement still on the books therefore, still required. Only a radiologist can read it so it is never asked for by the officers unless there's suspicion of a medical problem like TB.

Thank you gentlemen!!! I just wanted to make sure about this ! I think I will tell my lao po there should no problems and not to be that concerned unless she is asked, hopefully not hehehe! :smartass:

If she has ever had, or tested positive for, TB she will be asked for them by Public Health officials in the US. Even in that case, if she doesn't have them they will just take multiple chest x-rays over a period of time to make sure there are no changes.

They are required on the in-country physical because of the prevalence of TB in China. You are required to bring them just in case they process you for TB so as to get a longer time interval between comparison x-rays.

I'm a bit confused? At what point DO these x-rays get turned over to the Consulate? Aren't they given to VO AT interview? (You said she passed, and lost x-rays AFTER the interview?)

The easy answer is, anytime they want them.

The truthful answer is, they're never asked for.

A security guard at our AOS cracked the envelope enough to verify that they were x-rays - this is the only time on record where someone actually looked.

They are yours to keep for posteriority.

I'm a bit confused? At what point DO these x-rays get turned over to the Consulate? Aren't they given to VO AT interview? (You said she passed, and lost x-rays AFTER the interview?)

The easy answer is, anytime they want them.

The truthful answer is, they're never asked for.

A security guard at our AOS cracked the envelope enough to verify that they were x-rays - this is the only time on record where someone actually looked.

They are yours to keep for posteriority.

Thank you Randy. : )

:lol: I was a bit confused too because she didn't say whether she turned in the X-rays.... but she did return to the hospital the next day after the successful interview and got additional X-rays just for self reassurance to make sure we don't have any problems in the immediate future. Yesterday, she went to the post office and picked up the Visa, no problem there yay . I'm a bit confused too , lol .

The bright side is we have the Visa :greenblob:

:lol: I was a bit confused too because she didn't say whether she turned in the X-rays.... but she did return to the hospital the next day after the successful interview and got additional X-rays just for self reassurance to make sure we don't have any problems in the immediate future. Yesterday, she went to the post office and picked up the Visa, no problem there yay . I'm a bit confused too , lol .

good for you and CONGRATS again!!!!!

Thanks Michael, I appreciate the feedback. The best of luck to you

and your lao po!! I hope my lao po can be here soon, after going to

China and taking part in their culture. I think she will find the states

to be quite different. "Culture shock!" hehe. She said she is prepared

but I hope she can get used to it. If not, lol, we may be living in China.

We have both spoken about the possibility of living there but I really

don't know whether I'm prepared to make the transition.

Yet, she is ready and willing to be here because we love each other

and wants to be with me. Good luck to us and best wishes to everyone

who is going through the same transition in their lives. :greenblob:

good for you and CONGRATS again!!!!!