My wife got her's today too!

Like Dennis' Leiqin, my wife also received her Notice of Action approval notice today. :Dah: :D

I wasn't expecting this as someone posted on CFL before that for AoS, the applicant doesn't receive a NOA2, just the GC. But in actuality, the applicant receives both a NOA1 and a NOA2 during the AoS process.

http://i20.tinypic.com/21ehhf.jpg

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

Like Dennis' Leiqin, my wife also received her Notice of Action approval notice today. :Dah: :D

I wasn't expecting this as someone posted on CFL before that for AoS, the applicant doesn't receive a NOA2, just the GC. But in actuality, the applicant receives both a NOA1 and a NOA2 during the AoS process.

Well now, let me be the first to congratulate both you and your wife. Feels good, eh? ;) I like that WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES part. That would have been a good laugh for us, had that have been emblazoned across Leiqin's letter. :)

I am so happy for you guys. http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1338626_rwtmwxth.gif

Yes - this is referred to as the "Welcome Letter" - congratulations.

Thanks Dennis and Randy.

I was indeed expecting a "Welcome Letter" but I wasn't expecting that letter to be on a Notice of Action I-797 letterhead. This is much more official looking than on a plain white piece of paper that I was anticipating.

We can definitely take this to the CA DMV and use it to get a driver's license. All along, I never thought that the Welcome Letter was going to be printed on a I-797 letterhead. CA DMV policy specifically lists an I-797 Notice of Action (as oppose to a I-797c Notice of Receipt) as evidence that one is legally in the country and thus allowed to apply for a driver's license.

Yes - this is referred to as the "Welcome Letter" - congratulations.

Thanks Dennis and Randy.

I was indeed expecting a "Welcome Letter" but I wasn't expecting that letter to be on a Notice of Action I-797 letterhead. This is much more official looking than on a plain white piece of paper that I was anticipating.

We can definitely take this to the CA DMV and use it to get a driver's license. All along, I never thought that the Welcome Letter was going to be printed on a I-797 letterhead. CA DMV policy specifically lists an I-797 Notice of Action (as oppose to a I-797c Notice of Receipt) as evidence that one is legally in the country and thus allowed to apply for a driver's license.

Better get used to driving the Camry, Lance. :D

Congratulations to your wife, Lance.

Like they say, "it comes in three's." I've been watching; first Patrick's wife, now you, and now I hope it will be my stepdaughter's turn after waiting 39 months. :D

I took her last week to do biometrics, (again). I hope to see a GC in the mail real soon!

Congratulations again! B)

Thanks everyone. We appreciate all of your congratulatory posts. B)

Now soon she'll have the green card and then mark 90 day period before the two year anniversary on your calendar. Something you don't want to forget.

Yep, I'll be marking the date as soon as the actual GC arrives. I'll mark exactly 21 months from the date the GC is received. C4Racer, good luck with your wife's removal of conditions!

What? you only got one welcome letter? My wife got two. The green card usually comes shortly after the letter. Congratulations Lance.

Well ain't your wife special Carl. :) Am hoping the GC arrives sometimes later this week. Crossing my fingers.

now I hope it will be my stepdaughter's turn after waiting 39 months. :D

I took her last week to do biometrics, (again). I hope to see a GC in the mail real soon!

TY_99, I'm crossing my fingers for your step-daughter as well! Here's to hoping she gets her card this week! :D

Thanks again everyone for your good wishes. We appreciate the positive vibes.

Congratulations to your wife, Lance.

Like they say, "it comes in three's." I've been watching; first Patrick's wife, now you, and now I hope it will be my stepdaughter's turn after waiting 39 months. :P

Congratulations again! :)

Hi TY

Wish you the best on your stepdaughter's case.

Gino

Thanks for the well wishes, Gino! :)

Actual GC received today. Exactly a week and one day after the interview. B) Name spelled correctly and the A# is correct as well. :D

Went to the DMV yesterday and applied for a driver's permit for my wife. It took a bit of haggling but they ultimately accepted the I-797 Notice of Action Welcome letter as proof of legal presence. My wife took the written test (in English) and scored 100%! I'm damn proud of her.

So far, we have been pretty lucky. Things have gone very smoothly from initial I-129F submission until this point. I hope we continue to have a smooth process for removal of conditions and ultimately naturalization.

I wish everyone else a smooth and speedy process for their adventure! :)