Progress of GC processing

I know this has been discussed before, but I'll bring it up again. When I check USCIS and their "online" case search, I get this message:

"This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct."

The receipt number is correct. Why do they have this search function if it cannot find the receipt number?

Just wondering where they are in processing my wife's GC. :)

I know this has been discussed before, but I'll bring it up again. When I check USCIS and their "online" case search, I get this message:

"This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct."

The receipt number is correct. Why do they have this search function if it cannot find the receipt number?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Q : I have received my receipt notice, but when I check my case online it does not appear. How do I get my case added to the system, so I can check on the progress of my case?

We have had an unprecedented number of applications filed in the last few months. Our efforts to enter these applications into our systems have caused a delay in the transfer of information from our case control system to the Case Status Online system. We are seeing delays of up to three to four weeks between receipting of your application and its status being available online. We are reviewing solutions to resolve the situation as soon as possible.

Thanks Lance. Yes, I very familiar with USCIS. I guess there is just frustration abound here. My wife wants to work and our government won't let her. She keeps asking me "when, when, when?" :lol:

Thanks Lance. Yes, I very familiar with USCIS. I guess there is just frustration abound here. My wife wants to work and our government won't let her. She keeps asking me "when, when, when?" <_<

I understand fully Ron. It took over a month before my wife's case number made it into the online system. In fact, it was one day after her biometrics appointment when her MSC number was finally online.

Has your wife done her biometrics yet Ron?

Thanks Lance. Yes, I very familiar with USCIS. I guess there is just frustration abound here. My wife wants to work and our government won't let her. She keeps asking me "when, when, when?" <_<

I understand fully Ron. It took over a month before my wife's case number made it into the online system. In fact, it was one day after her biometrics appointment when her MSC number was finally online.

Lance

She had her biometrics on September 5th. I just heard that a friend of mine filed after we did and had biometrics a couple weeks after we did, just got their appointment for interview. He and another friend of mine never went to a civil surgeon, (we did) both got through this without being signed off by a cs. I congratulate both of them. I'm just pointing out that the civil surgeon issue, which is another topic, is either being overlooked or is not required for some. Anyway, hopefully, we'll be hearing something pretty soon. B)

Thanks Lance. Yes, I very familiar with USCIS. I guess there is just frustration abound here. My wife wants to work and our government won't let her. She keeps asking me "when, when, when?" :lol:

Lance

She had her biometrics on September 5th. I just heard that a friend of mine filed after we did and had biometrics a couple weeks after we did, just got their appointment for interview. He and another friend of mine never went to a civil surgeon, (we did) both got through this without being signed off by a cs. I congratulate both of them. I'm just pointing out that the civil surgeon issue, which is another topic, is either being overlooked or is not required for some. Anyway, hopefully, we'll be hearing something pretty soon. :lol:

join the club my friend, just get a nice comfy chair and sit back and wait :P . we had our biometrics completed october of 06

i dont feel so bad, ChunYan has been talking to folks about AOS on WOW pics and there are just as many people waiting over there.

Ron:

Yes, as you said...I filed right before the deadline in July; received a biometrics appointment; then received an RFE - which I sent to Missouri late September. Our interview date is:

January 18, 2008. Son goes before Mother by 20 minutes. Probably the same interviewer. Santa Ana, CA. The NOA lists a boat load of documents to bring to the interview but does not mention anything about the civil surgeon stuff.

You'll hear something soon.

No sweat,

Philb

Ha ha! I knew Phil would know that I was talking about him. Congratulations, Phil. I'll be talking to you soon. The other friend is Tom back in Massachusettes. His wife got a job already. Anyway, we just have to wait it out and hope for the best. :victory:

• 3 weeks later...

Ron,

Very long time

How are things coming along?

I will be moving a little closer to you I have been transfered to Pasco Washington

I will move early Jan

I am stressed about the finale process not knowing what to do with the new address that i have yet to get. But wife and I are a crazy couple something new everyday

I hope all is well with you

Let me know ok

Take Care

I got Rong's AOS I-797C package in the mail this week.

Her GC,EAD,AP were received 11-23-2007 with a notice date of 11-29-2007.

Woohoo! I have entered the next level of Zorg.... Um I mean the next AOS waiting period.

Just wondering where they are in processing my wife's GC. ^_^

you mean the i485? ours wasn't online until after we did the biometrics, then the receipt number magically worked later that day or the next, don't remember.

I still haven't heard a thing and the number still does not show. I called the 1-800-375-5283 number and got nowhere. I was told that the receipt number is not in their system. However, I talked to a supervisor who told me that it does not mean the number is not valid. :blink: :unsure:

Edited by RLS (see edit history)