Panic from my lao po , a bit late

Anyone else ever NOT have all 3 years W-2's? My home-based company never generated, nor did I draw enough for last 2 years to justify a formal payroll. Accountant saw no need for it either.

As we have said many times here. Everyone's situation is different. I work at large companies and W-2s show my pay very well. If your small business had the money coming in on another line of the tax form than maybe the tax forms are more important.

I apologize for asking, and I have actually posted this before, but recent interviews seem to be emphasizing W-2's and needed to hear advice from the "experts" once more! Thank you, as always. : )

No apology needed. I only want to stress that bring the best info that describes your situation. It will be enough. Bring it all, but focus on the most important info that will give them a good picture of your life. The night before divide up your info into piles of the most important stuff and hand it all to the VO.

1. Pictures of you two together.

2. I-134

a. W-2, tax forms and employment letters, bank records (what every you need to describe your situation. )

3. Statement of relationship.

4. Your and her passport and any copies with all the stamps circled on the copies of your travel to see each other.

5. Make sure she knows about your ex and any reasons for divorce. You kids and brothers and sisters mom and dad.

6. know where you will live and your phone number.

7 What type of work you do and why.

I am sure there are other info to know, but this covers everything included from our interview.

Just bring the best info to describe your situation and divide it up for quick access.

:o Thanks everyone for all your support , it really helps when everyone comes together and provides encouragement and support.

:D I'm gratified and thankful for the overwhelming responses and support. My lao po is nervous but I really hope everything turns out ok. All I can do now is wait and find out what happens with my lao po.

Good luck to us all and let's hope for the best for our lao po's (SO).

As a matter of fact, I should give her a wake up morning call :) . It's about 10 minutes to 6:30 in China and I need to wake her up!

;)

Anyone else ever NOT have all 3 years W-2's? My home-based company never generated, nor did I draw enough for last 2 years to justify a formal payroll. Accountant saw no need for it either.

As we have said many times here. Everyone's situation is different. I work at large companies and W-2s show my pay very well. If your small business had the money coming in on another line of the tax form than maybe the tax forms are more important.

I apologize for asking, and I have actually posted this before, but recent interviews seem to be emphasizing W-2's and needed to hear advice from the "experts" once more! Thank you, as always. : )

No apology needed. I only want to stress that bring the best info that describes your situation. It will be enough. Bring it all, but focus on the most important info that will give them a good picture of your life. The night before divide up your info into piles of the most important stuff and hand it all to the VO.

2. I-134

a. W-2, tax forms and employment letters, bank records (what every you need to describe your situation. )

4. Your and her passport and any copies with all the stamps circled on the copies of your travel to see each other.

5. Make sure she knows about your ex and any reasons for divorce. You kids and brothers and sisters mom and dad.

I am sure there are other info to know, but this covers everything included from our interview.

Just bring the best info to describe your situation and divide it up for quick access.

Got everything you described divided into 3 clearly labeled and colored folders (green: financial, red: relationship, blue: receipts, boarding passes, notarized copy of passport (I'll be there to give her original), copy of I-179 and I-129)

Must she really know my phone number? She never has called me. I have always called her.

2. I-134

Got everything you described divided into 3 clearly labeled and colored folders (green: financial, red: relationship, blue: receipts, boarding passes, notarized copy of passport (I'll be there to give her original), copy of I-179 and I-129)

Must she really know my phone number? She never has called me. I have always called her.

Just a random thing to prove she knows you. Often not asked, but i know my table mates girl could not speak english so they focused on his family and his address and contact info.

For a K1, the I-134 serves almost nothing more than a 'feel good' to the VO; it's not enforceable as a affidavit and it is at times not even asked for.

Usually when the VO wants some financial proof, they will accept any of the following alone:

- Taxes

- Employer letter

- I-134

usually, they don't care to see the combination of any really...

The taxes alone are enough without a W-2. Assuming again a K1, there is no other [person having] income on your tax return to need W2s to show your share.

The employer letter is probably the most important in my mind; it can show how long you've worked with someone and that it's still ongoing full time... that's ultimately what they really want to know; that you are in a position to financial support an immigrating person.

For a K1, the I-134 serves almost nothing more than a 'feel good' to the VO; it's not enforceable as a affidavit and it is at times not even asked for.

Usually when the VO wants some financial proof, they will accept any of the following alone:

- Taxes

- Employer letter

- I-134

usually, they don't care to see the combination of any really...

The taxes alone are enough without a W-2. Assuming again a K1, there is no other [person having] income on your tax return to need W2s to show your share.

The employer letter is probably the most important in my mind; it can show how long you've worked with someone and that it's still ongoing full time... that's ultimately what they really want to know; that you are in a position to financial support an immigrating person.

Thank you David.