Rings (one or two)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help you on that one, Corbin. You see, my wife doesn't wear a ring. She cares nothing for jewelry and won't wear any kind of jewelry at all. That's peculiar, even from a Chinese lady, but that's the way she is. I guess it has something to do with her traditional Chinese upbringing. She is a very traditional Chinese woman.

There'll be others along soon that can help.

I can't help you on that one, Corbin. You see, my wife doesn't wear a ring. She cares nothing for jewelry and won't wear any kind of jewelry at all. That's peculiar, even from a Chinese lady, but that's the way she is. I guess it has something to do with her traditional Chinese upbringing. She is a very traditional Chinese woman.

Wow, she wears no jewelry. What were your thoughts when she told you this?

Guest Rob & Jin

Jin has no interested in a ring, says it means nothing, is a waste of money

My soon to be wonderful wife wanted a ring to be somewhat American, and only asked for one thing, platinum. No gold or white gold, they do not like it. So like a goof I went a got one big rock, she asked why so big and was it real?? :blink: :unsure:

She did not put it on at first and was unsure of why I gave it to her already. They do only wear one ring and normally not very flashy. :)

I could have made one more trip on that rock!!!!!!!!! B) :)

I respected it thinking it was a Chinese way. I was a bit surprised. I never knew a woman who didn't like some kind of jewelry but she doesn't care for it. She's one in a million! :)

Me, on the other hand, had to have a ring, a wedding band, one I had made. It's really cool! It's sterling silver with my wife's Chinese name engraved upon it. I get quite a few compliments on it. I love it! I posted a link to the website that makes them. If you'd like, do a search using "poetry ring" as the key word. The link is there. It was the perfect place to get my ring made. It was exactly what I had in mind. Uncanny, to say the least. But it's a cool site. WoW!...that's been 5 years ago!

-good luck!

Your Jin is a keeper.

My lady wants a ring and didn't know about the "two ring" western tradition until my friend Dan's Chinese wife told her. heh.

Shes never been married before, so to her, the ring is a special thing. She already told me she wants Platinum. She didn't insist or anything, but she did mention it.

Tim B

This topic on rings brings up an interesting point.

The younger generation of Chinese women, between 22-42, likes jewelry, and they like rings from their fiance's, because they enjoy much more freedom than generations before them. They have gotten a taste of the western world and they want to be a part of it unlike the generations before them that were isolated and under strict communist rule.

Todays Chinese women are free and being such, they want to enjoy their freedom. I say, "Power to them. Enjoy your freedom, young ladies!"... :)

I respected it thinking it was a Chinese way. I was a bit surprised. I never knew a woman who didn't like some kind of jewelry but she doesn't care for it. She's one in a million! :unsure:

Me, on the other hand, had to have a ring, a wedding band, one I had made. It's really cool! It's sterling silver with my wife's Chinese name engraved upon it. I get quite a few compliments on it. I love it! I posted a link to the website that makes them. If you'd like, do a search using "poetry ring" as the key word. The link is there. It was the perfect place to get my ring made. It was exactly what I had in mind. Uncanny, to say the least. But it's a cool site. WoW!...that's been 5 years ago!

-good luck!

Lets hope she never hears Diamonds are a girls best friend. :blink: Though she would more than like say my best friend is standing next to me. Yes you got yourself a one in a million. Hope mine is that too, which I think she is so far. :)

Your Jin is a keeper.

My lady wants a ring and didn't know about the "two ring" western tradition until my friend Dan's Chinese wife told her. heh.

Shes never been married before, so to her, the ring is a special thing. She already told me she wants Platinum. She didn't insist or anything, but she did mention it.

Tim B

If you want to know where to get the best platinum ring for the $$, write me and I will tell you where to go. I got over 1.2 carrots for a very very good price!! :unsure: :blink:

In the Land of Lincoln of course!!! :)

Let's see if I can post "the paper ring" story in Chinese. Send this to your lady and see how she reacts. I had this story converted to Chinese and I sent it to my lady to guage her reaction.

==================================

Ò»¸öÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó

Èç¹ûÄãÒª100¸öÅ®ÈËÑ¡Ôñ»òÕß°®Çé»òÕßÃæ°ü£¬Ë­»áÑ¡Ôñ°®Ç飿

Ò»¸öÄÐÈ˺ÍÒ»¸öÅ®ÈËÏà°®ÁË£¬Õâ¸öÅ®ÈË¿´µ½ºÜ¶àÅ®ÈËÓа׽ð½á»é½ä×Ó£¬

Ëý¸æËßËýµÄÄÐÈË£º¡°Èç¹ûÎÒÓа׽ð½ä×Ó£¬ÎÒ»áºÜ¿ìÀÖ¡±¡£

Õâ¸öÄÐÈËÒѾ­×¢Òâµ½Õâµã£¬µ«ÊÇÂò²»ÆðÕâô¹óµÄ½ä×Ó£¬

²»¾ÃÒÔºóÕâ¸öÅ®ÈËÉúÈÕ£¬ÄÐÈ˸øËýÒ»¸öÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó£¬ºÜÖغÜÌرð£¬

Å®ÈË´÷ÉÏÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó£¬¿´¿´×Ô¼ºµÄÊÖ£¬ºÜ¸ßÐË¡£

ºóÀ´Õâ¸öÅ®È˽áÁ˻飬²»¹ýÊǼ޸øÁíÍâÒ»¸öÄÐÈË¡£

ËÍÖ½½ä×ÓµÄÄÐÈ˺ÜÐÁÇڵŤ×÷£¬µ«×¬²»µ½×ã¹»µÄÇ®£¬

Ëû»¹¾­³£¸øÕâ¸öÅ®ÈËдÐÅ£¬Ëý°®Ëû£¬µ«ËýÑ¡Ôñ²¢¼Þ¸øÁËÓÐÇ®ÈË¡£

½á»éºó£¬ËýÓÐÁËËýÏëÒªµÄÖ鱦£¬°×½ð»Æ½ðÊ×ÊδÓÍ·´÷µ½½Å¡£

Ëý°ÑÖ½½ä×Ó·ÅÔÚ³éÌëµÄºÐ×ÓÀÓÐÒ»Ì죬ËýµÄÓÐÇ®ÕÉ·òÉúÒâÉÏÓöµ½Âé·³£¬

ÒòΪÐлßÈëÓü¡£ËýûÁ˸»ÀϹ«£¬ºÜÉËÐÄ£¬ËýÏëµ½ÁËËÍËýÖ½½ä×ÓµÄÄǸöÄÐÈË£¬

ÓÐÒ»Ì죬ËýÔÚ½ÖÉÏÓö¼ûËû£¬Õâ¸öÄÐÈËÑûËýÈ¥¼ÒÀï×ö¿Í£¬

Õâ¸öÄÐÈËÒѾ­½á»é£¬²¢×¡ÔÚ×âµÄ¹«Ô¢À

Ëý¿´µ½Ëû¼ÒºÜ¼òÆÓ£¬ËûÀÏÆÅÉϲ裬ÊÖÉÏ´÷ןÍ×Ô¼ºÄÇÖ»Ò»ÑùµÄÖ½½ä×Ó£¬

Ëý×ßÁË£¬¿´µ½Õâ¸öÄÐÈ˺ܿìÀÖ£¬ËûÀÏÆűÈ×Ô¼º¸»ÓУ¬ÒòΪÓÐÀϹ«ÔÚÉí±ß£¬

¶ø²»Ïó×Ô¼º£¬ÀϹ«×øÀΡ£

ºóÀ´Õâ¸öÅ®ÈËÔÚ±¨Ö½É϶ÁÁËһƪÎÄÕ£¬±êÌâΪ¡°Ö½½ä×Ó¡±£¬

ÊÇÄǸöÄÐÈËдµÄ£¬¶Á¹ýÎÄÕÂÖ®ºóËýÃ÷°×ÁË£¬

Ëý´Ó³éÌëºÐ×ÓÀïÄóöÒѾ­»ý³¾µÄÖ½½ä×Ó£¬

Ëý°ÑÖ½°þ¿ª£¬ÀïÃæÊǸö°×½ð½ä×Ó£¬

ÄÇƪÎÄÕÂ˵£¬Ëûµ±Ê±È¥ÂôѪ£¬²ÅÂòµÃÆðÄǸö½ä×Ó£¬

ÒòΪËûÐÄ°®µÄÅ®ÈËÂíÉÏÒªÉúÈÕÁË£¬Ã»ÓÐÆäËû°ì·¨´æµ½»ò½èµ½½ä×ÓµÄÇ®¡£

Õâ¸öÅ®ÈË¿ªÊ¼¿Þ£¬ËýµÄÀáË®ºÍÓêË®½»ÈÚÔÚÒ»Æð£¬

Ëý°Ñ½ä×Ó°ü»ØÖ½À

´ÓÄÇÌìÆð£¬ÕâÅ®È˲»¹Üµ½ÄÄ£¬¶¼´÷×ÅÖ½½ä×Ó¡£

ËýµÄͬÊÂ˵ËýµÄ½ä×Ӻܾ«Ö£¬ºÜÓд´Ò⣬ÎÊËýÊÇË­¸øµÄ£¬

Ëý˵¡°Õâ¸öÊÀ½çÉÏÓÐЩ¶«Î÷£¬ÒªÊ§È¥Á˲žõµÃÕä¹ó¡£

¡°ÓÐЩ¶«Î÷¡±Õâ¸öÅ®ÈËÖ¸µÄÊÇ°®Çé¡£

I respected it thinking it was a Chinese way. I was a bit surprised. I never knew a woman who didn't like some kind of jewelry but she doesn't care for it. She's one in a million! :unsure:

-good luck!

Lets hope she never hears Diamonds are a girls best friend. :blink: Though she would more than like say my best friend is standing next to me. Yes you got yourself a one in a million. Hope mine is that too, which I think she is so far. :)

I'm sure she is "one in a million", Corbin. Just treat her with love, kindness and understanding. She will repay you tenfold.

Most Chinese women are honest, caring, and loving women. This, in time, you will see for yourself.

-good luck, my friend

Let's see if I can post "the paper ring" story in Chinese. Send this to your lady and see how she reacts. I had this story converted to Chinese and I sent it to my lady to guage her reaction.

Ò»¸öÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó

¶ø²»Ïó×Ô¼º£¬ÀϹ«×øÀΡ£

Ëý°Ñ½ä×Ó°ü»ØÖ½À

Hey Tim, do you have this in English so I know what it says in case she asks me something about it. Still trying to learn Chinese. :rolleyes:

A Paper Ring

If you offer bread or love to one hundred women, how many would choose love? One woman and one man fall in love. The woman noticed that many women had platinum wedding rings. So she told her man ''if I could have a platinum ring I would be so happy". The man had already noticed, but he could not afford such an expensive ring. Not long after that the woman had a birthday, so the man gave her a very special paper ring that was very heavy and very special. The woman put on the paper ring and looked at her hand happily.

Later the woman married, but to a different man. The man who gave the paper ring, worked very hard but he could not earn enough money, and would often send her letters. She loved him but she chose the man with money, so she married a rich man. After she married she had all the jewellery she wanted, adorned from head to toe with platinum and gold. She kept the paper ring her drawer box. One day her rich husbands business ran into trouble because of bribery, and he ended up in prison. After she had mourned the loss of her rich husband, she remembered the man who had given her the paper ring.

One day the woman accidentally met the man on the street. The man generously invites her to his home. It turns out that the man had already married and was living in a rental apartment. She noticed that the home the man had was still very simple. His wife brought some tea, and to woman noticed that his wife was wearing a paper ring like the one she had been given. After leaving the woman realized that the man had become very happy. And that his wife had a lot more than her because her husband is with her and not in prison.

Later the woman read an article in a magazine. The topic of the article is "Paper Ring", and it was written by the man. After she read the article the woman understood everything. She went back to her drawer box and found the old dusty paper ring. She very carefully opened the paper ring to find a real platinum ring inside. The article said that he had to sell his blood to afford this ring at that period. Because the woman who he loved had a birthday soon and there was no other way to save or borrow enough money. The woman began to cry but her tears disappeared as they mixed with the rain. The woman carefully wrapped the ring back into the paper. And no matter where the woman went, from that day on she always wore her paper ring. Her colleagues at work said that her ring was very exquisite, and very creative. And they asked her who had given it to her, and she said "there are some things in the world, that you don't realize how precious they are until you lose them". The "some things" the woman spoke of, was love.

Ò»¸öÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó

¶ø²»Ïó×Ô¼º£¬ÀϹ«×øÀΡ£

Ëý°Ñ½ä×Ó°ü»ØÖ½À

Hey Tim, do you have this in English so I know what it says in case she asks me something about it. Still trying to learn Chinese. :rolleyes:

A Paper Ring

If you offer bread or love to one hundred women, how many would choose love? One woman and one man fall in love. The woman noticed that many women had platinum wedding rings. So she told her man ''if I could have a platinum ring I would be so happy". The man had already noticed, but he could not afford such an expensive ring. Not long after that the woman had a birthday, so the man gave her a very special paper ring that was very heavy and very special. The woman put on the paper ring and looked at her hand happily.

Later the woman married, but to a different man. The man who gave the paper ring, worked very hard but he could not earn enough money, and would often send her letters. She loved him but she chose the man with money, so she married a rich man. After she married she had all the jewellery she wanted, adorned from head to toe with platinum and gold. She kept the paper ring her drawer box. One day her rich husbands business ran into trouble because of bribery, and he ended up in prison. After she had mourned the loss of her rich husband, she remembered the man who had given her the paper ring.

One day the woman accidentally met the man on the street. The man generously invites her to his home. It turns out that the man had already married and was living in a rental apartment. She noticed that the home the man had was still very simple. His wife brought some tea, and to woman noticed that his wife was wearing a paper ring like the one she had been given. After leaving the woman realized that the man had become very happy. And that his wife had a lot more than her because her husband is with her and not in prison.

Later the woman read an article in a magazine. The topic of the article is "Paper Ring", and it was written by the man. After she read the article the woman understood everything. She went back to her drawer box and found the old dusty paper ring. She very carefully opened the paper ring to find a real platinum ring inside. The article said that he had to sell his blood to afford this ring at that period. Because the woman who he loved had a birthday soon and there was no other way to save or borrow enough money. The woman began to cry but her tears disappeared as they mixed with the rain. The woman carefully wrapped the ring back into the paper. And no matter where the woman went, from that day on she always wore her paper ring. Her colleagues at work said that her ring was very exquisite, and very creative. And they asked her who had given it to her, and she said "there are some things in the world, that you don't realize how precious they are until you lose them". The "some things" the woman spoke of, was love.

Ò»¸öÖ½×öµÄ½ä×Ó

¶ø²»Ïó×Ô¼º£¬ÀϹ«×øÀΡ£

Ëý°Ñ½ä×Ó°ü»ØÖ½À

Nice story Tim, and I am all choked up!! :rolleyes:

Now do you want help buying that ring or not??? B) :ph34r:

She moved to Shenzhen correct?? get a ring or suffer from being in Chinese dog house or sleeping very alone!! :blink: :o