USCIS Interview-Beijing-What to expect?

Hi,

I am filing DCF-130 for my wife with USCIS-Beijing. We got a call today asking to come in sometime with November for an interview for both my wife and I. I have to get some time off of work. Has anyone else gone for an interview with USCIS-Beijing? What was your experience? Our case took longer than others because we filed a K-1 previously but our petition expired. We filed in July 2007. Most people have already been approved for DCF China during the same time period.

Interesting one, I suspect they want to ask questions to see if yours is a bona fide marital relationship before sending the petition on to Guangzhou, if they approve of your relationship it should pass through to a Visa without problems.

USCIS does not issue immigrations visas, only Department of State does that (Embassies and Consulates). In China that is Guangzhou.

I would prepare for interview as if it is a immigrant visa interview or AOS interview.

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_Interview_Questions_Final1.htm

They may ask fairly personal questions like what side of the bed you sleep on, what is in bedroom? Living Room, etc.. Sometimes interview couple separately and compare answers. (STOKES Interview)

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...1/m/60310383241

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27413

Well my information is getting pretty old. However when me and my wife interviewed in Beijing back in 2000 we were both interviewed separately. We weren't at the consulate but at a high rise building near by. I don't know if the location is still the same or not. The INS officer there was very nice and talkative. We talked about a lot of other things as well as the visa. Hong my wife was interviewed first, then they called me in second. She said he was very friendly also. He did ask a few personal questions, but I only remember one. He asked her if I used a regular razor or an electric razor when I shaved and if I shaved at night or in the morning. I do remember that none of the questions were trick questions. She knew the right answers to the personal questions because we had been living together for over a year before we filed for the DCF and we knew each other very well by then. They then asked me the same questions so they could verify that we agreed on the answers. They spent more time talking to me than they did to my wife. I also showed a couple full albums of photos we had taken together at different locations and explained where we were at in all of them. All in all it was an easy interview and he told us we had passed before we left. The approval was then forwarded by courior to Guangzhow which took about a month where the interview of my wife was completed again with her only, for the I-130. She had to go through the P3 and P4 just like everybody else from that time on. The only possible problem we almost had was proving residence in the USA since I had been living in China for a couple of years prior to the visa issuance. I was actually called into the interviewing room from where I was waiting out in the yard at the old consulate. The guy I talked with was the infamous "glasses man". This was easy for me though because I still had my main residence in the USA and worked for an american company in China and was paid in USA dollars with the money directly deposited into my USA bank account. I even had current copies of my mortgage payments as well as current utility bills to show.

Gale

Hi,

I am filing DCF-130 for my wife with USCIS-Beijing. We got a call today asking to come in sometime with November for an interview for both my wife and I. I have to get some time off of work. Has anyone else gone for an interview with USCIS-Beijing? What was your experience? Our case took longer than others because we filed a K-1 previously but our petition expired. We filed in July 2007. Most people have already been approved for DCF China during the same time period.

Hi,

Padre, would you mind telling me how Beijing knew you filed previous K-1? Were you approved K-1 visa By Guangzhou or you just let the approved I-129F petition expired.at USCIS? As I understand, there is no place on Form I-130 where you disclose previous K-1 information. Your reply will Be appreciated.