Surprise, surprise!

My gal's been peppering me with questions about coming to the US and how the process is going...........

So I call USCIS to get a few of her questions answered authoritatively.

Long story short...

I was initially told that my gal's daughter would not be interviewed with her in Guangzhou and would not travel to the US with her mother.

...but this gal tells me that my future daughter will be interviewed and granted a visa if we get PINK and she can come to the US with her mom. (This is actually how I thought it was supposed to work)

Anyway...I am going through a mental readjustment. Now it looks like I will have two homesick Sweeties to take care of... :blink:

Horseback riding and snow skiing should keep the younger of the two pre-occupied. ;) I'll have to think of something for the other Sweetheart. :)

My gal's been peppering me with questions about coming to the US and how the process is going...........

Long story short...

I was initially told that my gal's daughter would not be interviewed with her in Guangzhou and would not travel to the US with her mother.

...but this gal tells me that my future daughter will be interviewed and granted a visa if we get PINK and she can come to the US with her mom. (This is actually how I thought it was supposed to work)

Anyway...I am going through a mental readjustment. Now it looks like I will have two homesick Sweeties to take care of... :blink:

Horseback riding and snow skiing should keep the younger of the two pre-occupied. ;) I'll have to think of something for the other Sweetheart. :)

My sweetheart is beginning to ask questions about what "she will do during the day" and I am sending her e-mails with many ideas for her to be happy here. Please keep us posted on your ideas!

Thanks

Guest Rob & Jin

Long story short...

Anyway...I am going through a mental readjustment. Now it looks like I will have two homesick Sweeties to take care of... :)

Horseback riding and snow skiing should keep the younger of the two pre-occupied. :blush: I'll have to think of something for the other Sweetheart. :bangin:

Thats great, we are happy for you all. ;) :blink:

No plans can be made that will prepare you for what is coming. You have to play it by ear. You have to handle it with alot of love, compromise, sacrifice, and with more understanding that you've ever saw before. Like you all have heard before, "she's not the girl next door." :vava:

-good luck (and i really mean that) :happy2:

No plans can be made that will prepare you for what is coming. You have to play it by ear. You have to handle it with alot of love, compromise, sacrifice, and with more understanding that you've ever saw before. Like you all have heard before, "she's not the girl next door." :vava:

-good luck (and i really mean that) :happy2:

Funny you should say that. I just wrote to my sweetheart with many suggestions of nice things that she can do during the day while she becomes comfortable here, but most importantly I said to her, "do not worry honey, we will take it one day at a time, and you will be fine".

Good luck and congratulations!!

My new daughter wonders what she will do with her school days here!! :vava: :D She is used to going to school for over 9-10 hours a day. Here in Illinois you only go six and a half, and that includes P.E. and lunch!! B)

My SO on the other hand............... :happy2:

That is exactly why I posted. It still does not sound right to me.

What sounds correct is that a mother and her child would travel together to the US. However, I think that you are correct that additional paperwork must be submitted for the child.

BTW - the congratulations are premature...our interview probably won't be scheduled until late April.

Is this correct?

In order for Ying and I to have our son immigrate we had to apply for him and complete all the required paperwork, I-864, medical check, etceteras.

I don't think it is automatic, or am I missing something?

No - nobody's missing anything. They really do make it fairly easy.

Griz ... it's only if you do a K2 "follow to join" that they establish a separate case for the K2.

In our case for several reasons our daughter had to come 11 months later. Mother and daughter interviewed together. My K1 got a pink and the K2 a blue in order to administratively establish a separate case. When she was ready to get the K2 she came to GZ and filed some updated papers and was then issued the K2 visa.

Steve, your visa is CR-1 or IR-1. You would have to file a seperate I-130 for the boy. Since you have lived in China for so long though you might look into adoption. You have enough time showing parent child relationship. The child could then enter as a US citizen.