CR1,AOS and divorce

Hats off to you for stepping up and helping a fellow human being in need.

A very good attorney comes in mind to help with your friend's I-751 in the future. They'll be able to advise you on what other steps you can take so that she'll be safe from that lunatic.

If there are any police reports that you can get for her (not only involving your friend but others) it would help a lot to document the abuses.

If divorce papers are filed be very careful of her husband. See if the lawyer's or another address can be used instead of yours or her future address. I believe a home address is usually typed on the papers. Why do I say this? If this nut can waive a gun around who knows if he'll go looking for her and use it. Restraining orders are only for sane people and not abusers, and that's why it doesn't usually keep them away. Using a different address will keep you, your family, and your friend safer.

That's only a few things I can think of to add for now to what others already have said.

Hats off to you for stepping up and helping a fellow human being in need.

A very good attorney comes in mind to help with your friend's I-751 in the future. They'll be able to advise you on what other steps you can take so that she'll be safe from that lunatic.

If there are any police reports that you can get for her (not only involving your friend but others) it would help a lot to document the abuses.

If divorce papers are filed be very careful of her husband. See if the lawyer's or another address can be used instead of yours or her future address. I believe a home address is usually typed on the papers. Why do I say this? If this nut can waive a gun around who knows if he'll go looking for her and use it. Restraining orders are only for sane people and not abusers, and that's why it doesn't usually keep them away. Using a different address will keep you, your family, and your friend safer.

That's only a few things I can think of to add for now to what others already have said.

Thanks!! But as for the address he already know my address.

BUT! he has no idea she is even gone yet. I have a friend that lives down the street from this guy and he ha sno come home yet!!

As of today!!

As for this NUT waiving a gun around ME or my family.

Many here on CFL know me and what i used to do for work.

I have plenty of back-up if needed

Besides. My glock 9 is is very close. :D

Where working on the lawer thing as we speek.

All she needs is to prove domestic abuse and she is home free for the GC. The VAW agencies can help her and they are very aggresive. She definitely needs to contact them. I would call the hotline number on the USCIS page I posted. It is possible that they will have someone there that can speak in manderin and/or catonese.

Please!.......call them.

Ty buddy Whats Up?

Thanks for the link and it will come in to use very well.

My wifes friend took the number down today and said she would call it.

But i just got home from work and found out she did not call.

My wife said she is still very scared.

So with that being said, I'm going to step up to the plate again and call them in the morning and get this ball rolling.

I'll keep you updated and thanks again!!

To answer her concerns.

No AOS involved she has green-card, you are thinking of I-751 to remove the conditions on the 2 year card.

1) She wants to get divorced from this man and is worried the the U.S. will deport her

No they wont deport, she is LPR for the 2 years of the card.

2) She thinks if she gets divorced she will never get her 10 green card?

She can file for a waiver of the joint filing requirement and lift the conditions herself, in fact she can lift the conditions soon after the divorce is finalized, not required to wait until just before the card expires to file I-751

Filing after Divorce or Annulment

A conditional permanent resident with a marriage that was terminated due to divorce or annulment must file for a waiver of the requirement of the joint filing of Form I-751. To obtain an approval of the I-751 and be granted unconditional lawful permanent resident status, the conditional permanent resident spouse must be able to show that s/he entered into the marriage in good faith.

The person seeking permanent resident status should expect to undergo an interview at the USCIS about the marriage. The USCIS will closely scrutinize whether the marriage was bona fide at its inception. The USCIS will review the divorce decree and complaint for matters that may be reflective of whether the marriage was entered into purely for immigration purposes or to perpetrate fraud against the United States citizen spouse or the USCIS.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_remcon.html

3) she also thinks if she is not with this man he will cause alot of problems for her in the future.

Could if he files complaints that she just used him to "Get a Green-Card" the short marriage wont look good for her.

If she is the victim of domestic abuse, immigrations laws are in her favor on this.

DAN THE MAN!! I can always count on you for coming through with the info i need.

I know this woman very well and have met her many time during my trips to china.

She is down to earth and is the real thing.

She just wants to have a family and to enjoy the american dream.

Though on a down side. She was warned about this guy by me and my wife and her family.

There is even a member here on CFL that has talked to her before and he warned her too.

But, I can say she tried her best to make it work but it did not! :unsure: It could have been worse. What i mean is that she may have not made it and not be here with us now. I think you know what i mean. D.O.A.

But thank god and many good friends she is safe and doing well.

Thanks again Dan.

Thanks a million!!

NuWorld, you sir are a good man. I'm so proud of what you have done for this dear woman that I'm just beamin'. Such an act of kindness and caring will not only help give this woman a fresh start and the happiness in life that she so deserves but it will come back to you in your life also. KARMA

I hope she doesn't get anymore trouble in her life and that she gets to stay, if she chooses, here in America. I'm sure she is now seeing that not all American men are control freak wife beaters. My guess is this guy has made it this far in life and through the visa process because his other victims escaped his grasp and never reported him.

Unfortunately, guys like him aren't very rare. My lil' rabbit has many stories of Chinese friends, and friends of friends, who are going through hell in America with their control freak husbands. As far as I'm concerned wife beaters are in the same class as child abusers...they should be taken out back and shot, or at the least put on a national registry like their child abuser brothers and their identities and addresses should be listed on the internet for anyone to easily see.

Ya done good buddy.

About guys like Steve, Jawga boy, myself, and the countless others ahead of us who along with our wimmen are going through GUZ hell. We ain't no more deserving of the visa than the next guys but the whole process is very arbitrary. Many who get pink slips have had the same and in many cases worse red flags than what we have in our applications. No matter how a couple prepares, those VO's can pick any single case that comes across their desk apart and give a blue or white slip just as easily as they handed out a pink. And don't think for a second that they can't.

We don't have an area on CFL where us blue slippers (the ones placed in that damned black hole limbo of "administrative processing") and white slippers can freely talk about our experiences with GUZ and the DOS without fear of a VO lurkin', but let me tell ya, what you do see posted is only a tiny part of the real story with what many get caught up in.

One of these daze, when my lil' rabbit either gets her visa, or America loses one of it's faithful patriotic volunteers, and I move to China I'll post more of the reality of GUZ. Until then, I like the others who have to act like we're in kintergarden with a sadistic teacher will have to bite our tongues and keep quite..

Actually, movin' to China, buyin' a house and some rentable commercial rental property so's I can awake each mornin' to see my lil' rabbit, take a break, eat some good food, and write my book about brutal overwhelming horror in the exotic settings in the Parrot's Beak areas of eastern Cambodia and the Michelin rubber plantations of South Vietnam's "Iron Triangle" ain't lookin' like such a bad idea.

Anyone interested in readin' about what it's like to be a 20 year old kid/aircraft commander autorotating a violently burnin' Huey onto the lush triple canopy treetops, then fallin' the next 100 feet to the jungle floor...with Charlie lookin' for ya? And that turned out to be nothin' of what to was come.

I've got chapters of the book written over the years, maybe I just need to take my entrepreneur hat off, stop workin' to give Uncle Sam more tax money, and lay in my hammock in the sun with my laptop on my chest, a handrolled (by Chairman Mao hisowndamnself) ceegar danglin' in my lips, and just write the damn book. Eh? And then we'll see about immigrating to good ol' Australia or New Zealand to live out our lives under the Southern Cross...fairdinkum I bloody say...

tsap seui

tsap my man. words can not descibe the feel myself and my wife's friend is feel now from everyone here on CFL.

The love and help is ......... well it is hard to put in to words.

But thank you so much for the kind words.

But on a side note: Moving to China is looking better everyday.

My wife and i already have a house in china and her sister is taking care of it for us.

My wife just got here a few months ago and we are both to yough to retire now!

But it is nice to know we have a place to go when needed.

As for CHARLIE I'm sorry i missed that by a few years.

But i can say welcome home and thank you for protecting us!

About the book! YES, i would love to read it when you finish it.

As a matter of fact I'm also writing a book about this Long and stressful process that out great gonvernment and GZ put us through

to bring the love of our life to be with us.

I understand about the BLUE slipper thing. My wife and i where also blue sliped.

But to sum things up, Hang in there buddy, Your lil rabbit will be here soon.

I know the wait sucks but in the end it will be a new life and will be the greatest thing that ever happen to you.

Thanks again and hang in there buddy!

She needs to gather evidence to support her complaint of domestic abuse. Perhaps a doctor should examine her to record the weight loss and any other physical evidence.

Does she have people that can verify her story?

Is there any other evidence?

Jim, How ya doing these days?

Sorry for not keeping in touch but you know how it is when the wife gets here.

But to answer your guestions. YES!!! She went to the hospital twice for not eating while living with her husband and plus there is a police report from the other day when i called them.

I'm calling them back again this weekend and talk to the same officer and get a copy of that report.

Plus there are many people and myself that know the story and how long it has been going on.

My Chinese is getting very good and I'm learning more and more about this guy everyday.

As a matter of fact this post to you is taking about two hours to write because she is telling things i have not heard of before.

Jim i may need your help again with some translations.

If your wife does not mind helping with this please PM me and we'll get this all figured out.

Now on a side note to everyone here on CFL.

Thank you all for your help and support.

It is getting very late not and we all need to get some rest.

I'll keep everyone updated and YES!!! wil ask for help again.

I'll post in more detail latter.

Thank you all and god bless!!

Hello all

Sorry for not post lately but for those that know me i have been enjoying my new life with the wife here in the U.S.

Everything is going great :) :D and the days and hours just fly by :)

Anyhow I'm getting off topic here so I'll get right to the point.

As some my have heard and or read my last post the other day in the contact form that my wife and i was in great need of some help getting my wife's friend out and away from her abusive husband in orlando.

This guy was beating on her and what pissed me off the most the other day was when he pulled a gun on her.

So had just enough time to call my wife and another friend we both know befor the phone went dead! :D ;) :)

That is when i took care of this problem here in ohio, Called the cops and had them there at her house in minutes.

Of course he said everything was fine and all was well.

Well after the cops left, Her husband was so pissed he took off and left her alone in the house.

I was able to get a hold of a friend that live's not to far from her and he took her in for a day or two until we could get her on a plane here.

Well she is here now and safe and doing well.

Come to find out her husband would not let her eat chinese food or even go out of the house.

I have met this woman many times befor and when i saw her at the airport yesterday she was skin and bones.

So like i said she is staying with us now and my wife has been feeding tons of chinese food. This woman is already starting to look better.

OK! so now that everyone knows the story here is the question and concerns my wife's friend has (I'm writing this for her as she watches me)

She is here on a CR1.

She has her green card. (two year card as of today)

She has her SS# (card)

She wants to goto work (this is another thing her husband would not let her do)

1) She wants to get divorced from this man and is worried the the U.S. will deport her

2) She thinks if she gets divorced she will never get her 10 green card?

3) she also thinks if she is not with this man he will cause alot of problems for her in the future.

So with that being said.

Question #1 i told her not to worry. The U.S. will not deport her as long as she does nothing stupid like commiting a majoy crime.

Now as for Questions 2&3 I'm not too sure of the answer.

Can she still do AOS latter down the road on her own?

And what kind of or if any problems could her husband cause her latter?

Any help or advise would be a great to set this wonderful chinese woman at ease!!

Mike and Hong.

Ok folks here's an update as of just now!!

From my spy in the sky i can see that my wife's friends husband has just come home to find out that she is now gone! :o

At the same time I'm seeing this the phone rings and it is the friend drafted to help get her out of town.

He tells me her husband just called him asking 20 questions.

You know like WHERE IS SHE!!!!! and so on.

And like a good friend he played stupid and told him he has no idea where she is.

Husband then tell my friend that she has been cut off from INS.

Now the phone call was very short and I'm just hoping that the phrase INS mean Insurence, WE HOPE! :D

Then husband tells friend he is filing for divorce on monday.

Still waiting for the police report to aririve from the other day

and trying to get hospital record from her visits to the hospital.

Still trying to get her to call USCIS like Ty said to do.

I want her to make the first call and tell her side of the story to them.

From there i can take care of the rest.

Now for some good news for everyone here.

It seams as though my friend next door to my want to hire her for work early next week.

So her dream of work my just come true.

Now that INS thing has got me a little worried.

I just hope he is talking about Insurence! :)

We'll all keep you post and updated with new info.

Yeah, Mike. Talk her into making that call to the CIS hotline even if it is just for the record. If she indeed has a case of spousal abuse, they will help her and it's possible she can get her gren card. She needs to talk to these people or maybe, with her permission, you can call for her and get it started. Find out if they have someone there that can speak her language.

It's best to do this if it is only for the record.

-good luck to you all

I wish all th eluck in the world to this lady, and again she is very lucky to have you and your wife as friends at this time in her life. Help guide her through the legal procedures and it should work out for the best.

You are a good man, Mike.

tsap seui