Wait times for Green card interviews

Does anyone know the current wait times for the immigration offices on green card interviews? We applied for a green card (485) and advanced parole in 12/06. Fiancee visa, got married and sent the paperwork at light speed. We used the advanced parole to go to Guatemala and Honduras and back. The Advanced parole will expire in 2 months. Lili is frustrated about not getting a green card yet. We believe Memphis has our interview. Calling the phone number yields little info. They wont even confirm the wait is for Memphis. The website posting for Memphis show 6 months delay for 485. However, one doesnt know when the particular 485 arrived. And worse there are 30 kinds of 485. All are waiting on the same 6 months? Some info would be kind. Waiting isnt so bad if you know for what.

Thanks. Lili and Charles

Did your case go to the field office or to California Service Center after going to Missouri?

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProc...lectedOffice=43

If it is in California it is anyone's guess, cases do get caught up in name-check

Did your case go to the field office or to California Service Center after going to Missouri?

If it is in California it is anyone's guess, cases do get caught up in name-check

We did the dual file with Advanced parole to Chicago. We got a Biometric apointment. Went to that. Got an advanced parole paper thereafter. Never any indication where our 485 "was". Though I would assume its in Memphis, the nearest interviewing center? I dont know much, and the phone number I call knows less. A sad state of affairs. Caught in a name check or something. I just found a link showing recent interview times at memphis are out of this world. Bummer

Thanks, Lili and Charles.

We did the dual file with Advanced parole to Chicago. We got a Biometric apointment. Went to that. Got an advanced parole paper thereafter. Never any indication where our 485 "was". Though I would assume its in Memphis, the nearest interviewing center? I dont know much, and the phone number I call knows less. A sad state of affairs. Caught in a name check or something. I just found a link showing recent interview times at memphis are out of this world. Bummer

From the Recipt letter for the I-485, look up case status for the I-485 on USCIS website, it should tell you if it went to California or to your local office.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

From the Recipt letter for the I-485, look up case status for the I-485 on USCIS website, it should tell you if it went to California or to your local office.

THe USCIS just says it was transferred. Not to where. """The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.""" Same when I called. Very disappointing.

Sincerely Yours, Lili and Charles

• 1 month later...

THe USCIS just says it was transferred. Not to where. """The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.""" Same when I called. Very disappointing.

We called two weeks ago and convinced the rep on the phone that we were past our due date. 1 year and waiting on the 485. We got the letter today saying our case is in Laguanua California on the security check. Real bummer.

Sincerely, Lili and Charles

Hmmm ... usually the wording above indicates that the case has gone to the local "sub office" for interview. However, this is inconsistent with the notice you received that says your case is at the CSC (California Service Center - Laguna Nigel)

You may want to make an InfoPass appointment at your local office and seek clarification.

I read a article on MSNBC that the AOS timeline may have been affected by the recent fee increase and the mad rush to get filed by the deadline. This may have had some effect on delays!

Now suppose that I had planned on filing in Aug., Sept., or Oct., and then heard about the fee increase coming on July 30. So I hurried up, got my act together and filed in July to beat the fee increase.

What I'm getting at is that the increase in filings in July should be offset by a corresponding decrease in Aug., Sept., and Oct. So by Nov. 1 or thereabouts they should have had exactly the same number of filings for the year as they would have had without the fee increase.

So by now, they should be back to normal, unless they just flat couldn't figure out what to do with the big pile of paper they received in July.

THAT is what your fee increase is buying you.

Yan is waiting for her Green card also. There is not much we can do about it. We do realize that only a few months have passed so "christmas is comming" :) Maybe a year from now we still will be looking for that notice in the mail. The biggest push a year ago was if she would pass the interview. Then getting her here. ,SS#number,learners permit,AOS interview. She is here now and every wait is easier.The Green card will be here sometime.

From what I understand if the FBI has a "hit " during name check then "someone" will have to look into that case. This is after it has been thrown in a pile of other cases. Someday it will be looked at. I read about this somewhere maybe I can find the link.....

So by now, they should be back to normal, unless they just flat couldn't figure out what to do with the big pile of paper they received in July.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:m7lQsr...lient=firefox-a

that's a google cached page of an article on msnbc i read several days ago.

it says there were 6.3 applications last year compared with 7.7 this year.

"The immigration agency's workload has nearly doubled, Aytes said, with 1.4 million naturalization applications arriving from October 2006 to September 2007, compared with 731,000 applications the year before. Between July and September of this year alone, USCIS received 560,000 applications, he said.

The number of green-card-related applications surged to 876,000 in fiscal 2007, from 497,000 in fiscal 2006, he said. At one point this summer, USCIS had 1 million applications and checks waiting to be opened and acknowledged, Aytes said, a backlog that now stands at 235,000. Overall, USCIS received 7.7 million applications for all types of immigration benefits, up from 6.3 million."

still, i don't believe 'em. :rolleyes: i think the sum for the year probably wasn't much differen't like you suggest.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:m7lQsr...lient=firefox-a

that's a google cached page of an article on msnbc i read several days ago.

it says there were 6.3 applications last year compared with 7.7 this year.

"The immigration agency's workload has nearly doubled, Aytes said, with 1.4 million naturalization applications arriving from October 2006 to September 2007, compared with 731,000 applications the year before. Between July and September of this year alone, USCIS received 560,000 applications, he said.

The number of green-card-related applications surged to 876,000 in fiscal 2007, from 497,000 in fiscal 2006, he said. At one point this summer, USCIS had 1 million applications and checks waiting to be opened and acknowledged, Aytes said, a backlog that now stands at 235,000. Overall, USCIS received 7.7 million applications for all types of immigration benefits, up from 6.3 million."

still, i don't believe 'em. :) i think the sum for the year probably wasn't much differen't like you suggest.

Their fiscal year ends in September, so it would show the maximum increase in load over fiscal year 2006. It should even out fairly quickly after that.

The only people who filed in July to beat the rate increase were people who would have applied anyway shortly AFTER the rate increase.

I am curious why AOS petitions could be caught up in a long name-check delay. One would think the name check situation would be resolved before the K-1/K-3/CR-1/IR-1 visa was granted. What else could they possibly check for?

Am I missing some key information about this?

Such a sweet statement. You let this person into the US and now you are wondering about them. Uhhhh, the security checks at the embassy should have defined this already. And poor Li got extra checks for mentioning oil and electronics in the interview. She has been checked pretty thoroughly. So it does seem pretty silly in this situation. What is even more astounding is not telling us about the delay. We had to find out after waiting a long time and calling. USCiS shoudl tell us what is happening each step of the way. It is obscene to in the dark so much. Very poor customer service. Once again, good point my friend.

Sincerely Yours, Charles and Li