More flights to China

This is good news for travellers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

United restores some flights to China

Carrier had restricted routes due to SARS concerns

ASSOCIATED PRESS

CHICAGO, June 13 — United Airlines is restoring some flights to China it had dropped from its schedule because of a SARS-related drop in demand.

THE WORLD’S SECOND-largest carrier said Friday it will reinstate service July 1 between San Francisco and Hong Kong after discontinuing it for June after a falloff in bookings attributed to severe acute respiratory syndrome. Flights will be offered three days a week.

It also will increase service between San Francisco and Shanghai to five days a week, up from three days a week this month.

The restored flights are among 54 being added to the July schedule of United and its regional partners, which operate flights under the name United Express. United cited seasonal factors for the other additions.

The additions to the domestic schedule will take effect July 6.

Guest blsqueaky

I was just looking at my flights back to GZ this Demember, and the same flight that I just took over and back, well the price went up $200, Delta to LA then Asiana, to GZ, and Asiana and United back.

So R2D2, looks like prices going back up. Sorry to rain on someones parade here. :D

Prices haven't gone up from where I'm at (SF). In fact, prior to this the least I've ever paid for a flight to HK has been about $750 roundtrip. The ticket I just bought from United leaving on July 3 was only $548 roundtrip.

Right now it costs less to visit my family in Chongqing than it does to visit my family in Tennessee!!

Guest blsqueaky

Rob, I agree with you. Those that live on the west coast have some very inexpensive prices, us here in the midwest have to get to the west coast. :( :D