Thanks David, I was thinking that maybe we could have the interview for the CR-1/IR-1 before our year is up, and still wait until we have been married for 2 years , to return to the U.S. It would be close, about a 10 day window. I want to give uncle sam as little $ as possible. Just thinking outloud. Thanks again for the quick response, Mike & Zhen

I was corrected not too long ago about this..

It seems it is as follows:

K1: 3 months

K3: 2 years

CR1/IR1: 3 months

Anyone feel free to correct me again!

A. K visas are issued valid for a single entry and with a six-month duration. If a beneficiary has returned abroad prior to the marriage, the consular officer may issue a new K visa provided that the period of validity does not exceed the 90th day after the date of initial admission of the alien on the original K visa and provided also that the petitioner and beneficiary still intend and are free to marry. After the 90th day, unless other arrangements have been made with USCIS prior to your fianc¨¦e¡¯s departure, you will need to start the K visa process again.

Q. Do dependent children receiving K-2 visas need to travel to the United States at the same time as the K-1 beneficiary?

A. No, eligible dependent children can travel to the United States on a K-2 visa issued within a year of the issuance of the K-1 visa to the principal beneficiary. This is true even if the K-1 beneficiary has subsequently married, provided the dependent child is still unmarried and under 21 years of age. Please note, however, that dependent children cannot enter the U.S. on a K-2 visa before the K-1 principal beneficiary enters the U. S. To schedule a visa interview for a dependent child, the principal applicant, the petitioner, or the child¡¯s legal guardian must contact the Embassy at least one month prior to the requested interview date. If a dependent child of a fianc¨¦e seeks to enter the United States more than one year after the fianc¨¦e has received a K-1 visa, it will be necessary to file an immigrant visa petition for the child.

I should of looked that up again...

So...

K1: 6 months

K2: 1 year if follow to join

K3: 2 years

K4: 2 years ?

CR1/IR1: 6 months

CR2/IR2: ?

The reciprocity table shows 3 months for the relative visas, (R-1,and R-2). IR and CR are R visas on the table.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html

So is it 3 mo. or 6 mo.? Can we use the CSC receipt # to e-mail the DS-3032 before we get the GUZ #? I called today and they have not issued the GUZ # yet. What is the e-mail address for the DS-3032? Thanks, Mike & Zhen

This question had me do some more searching, every visa class listed on the reciprocity table are NON-Immigrant classes, so I will have to side with David on this one SIX months should be the validity of an IR or CR-1 visa.

If we have this 6 mo. window, what other things will we need to prepare for? How long are the police report and medical exam good for? We have the yellow vaccination book. We don't want to overlook anything, while we still have control of the timing. Thanks for helping, Mike & Zhen

If we have this 6 mo. window, what other things will we need to prepare for? How long are the police report and medical exam good for? We have the yellow vaccination book. We don't want to overlook anything, while we still have control of the timing. Thanks for helping, Mike & Zhen

Police, and medical are good for only 1 year so you may need to get them done again. The medical for IR visa is different than K-Visa because they include the vaccination results in with the packet, you may want to visit a Civil surgeon while in the states and get the vaccinations transfered from yellow book to a supplement in a sealed envelope that you can them provide to the counselor officer at the interview.

Civil surgeon costs $20-$50 to do just the supplement.

While we were in GUZ for the interview, and taking the Medical Exam, we told the doctor that we wanted to return for the CR-1/IR-1 and we wanted the vaccinations, he recommended that we get a Certificate of Health Exam Book, he said it would be good for the second interview.

We tried to prepare for this, but we seem to be in uncharted water, we are looking for anything that we might have overlooked. We want to explore all possibilities, so we can choose the path that suits us best. Thanks, Mike & Zhen

We are still looking for the e-mail address to send the DS-3032, we have spent hours looking, please help or point us in the right direction, thanks Mike & Zhen

Send the DS-3032 to:

National Visa Center

Attention ACL

32 Rochester Ave.

Portsmouth, NH 03801

-or-

email it to: nvcinquiry@state.gov

Include the case number and your spouse's name and DOB in your message.

source: DS-3032 VJ

Edited by tywy_99 (see edit history)