AOS Interview Approved

Hi Everyone,

We went to the Portland Immigration office yesterday morning for the AOS initial interview. Surprisingly, things went so smoothly which I can't believe it. I have prepared everything carefully, both the documents they required and any ones I can think of. Since I filed in the U.S. after I got to here on a business visa (for training), I prepared all the paper work for my first business trip and this business trip to show that I was not intent to bypass any standard immigration process.

The office lady is a kind person. She was the only one who actually smiled to the applicant among all the officers when they calling our names. After showing our IDs we were asked by some standard questions like

"So you guys met at work? When did you get to know each other?"

"How long have you been dating?/ When did you start to date?" "Started as friends? :ph34r:"...

And then she asked all the questions on I-485 one by one. All of those questions were pretty friendly and easy until the one on COMMUNIST PARTY. I was a member before, so she asked

"When did you join the Party?"

"Why did you join?"

"Do you believe in Communist?"

"Do you have to join it when you went to college?"

"Did you contribute to the Party?"

"How much/often do you have to pay?/ How often do you join the seminar?"

"Do you have a red book like in Russia or other communist country?"...

In a word, it sounds she is really concerned about it. And I just told her how I really think. I am not ashamed to be a member and I don't want have conflicts with her. I told her we could only been recruited by the Party when having good scores at school and we had seminars every other month or half a year and the fee we had to pay is like 10 RMB per half a year. Then, she went out once and the interview was stopped by a gentlement who came in to call her out. However, I didn't sign any paper for waiver (?) of being a member of Communist Party.

After that, questions were back to easy and friendly. She asked for some wedding pictures and asked

"Who is that person in the picture?"

and asked me "How does your family think of him?"

My husband was happy to let her know that he was loved by my family and see my parents often and getting along well.

Right after that, she put a red stamp on my passport and said, "This will be valid in 60 days and you should get your GC in 30 days. Do you have any questions for me?"

"No." I answered quickly and thanked her being friendly and kindly during the process. I think I was lucky and I can finally put all my worries away. What's more, our personal stuff shipped from China arrived at the house in the afternoon. Box after box, feeling like opening presents in the Chrisma. And this morning, I got a driving test. Practising and a little bit luck again, I passed it. As my husband said "All things are working on my way." Everything has been straightened out. What a wonderful week!

Again, thanks for everyone's advice and help from CFL, without which I would never get things done right and quickly like this. I also got a lot of prompt answers while I was confused and worried. I believe in true love and I think USCIS won't deny applications from the legal truely-loved couples without a second thought.

Sincerely,

Emily

Emily ... congratulations on your success.

One question comes to me when I read your post. It sounds like you might still be a member of the CCP, although it might just be a verb tense thing. Are you still a member? I don't think we know anyone who was approved without resigning so it would be valuable to know if you are still a member.

It's really wierd that there is a legal US CP and the government makes such a big deal out of the CCP.

Emily ... congratulations on your success.

One question comes to me when I read your post. It sounds like you might still be a member of the CCP, although it might just be a verb tense thing. Are you still a member? I don't think we know anyone who was approved without resigning so it would be valuable to know if you are still a member.

It's really wierd that there is a legal US CP and the government makes such a big deal out of the CCP.

Yes, it is really a big deal being a CCP member before and I don't understant that. I am not quite sure why they didn't let me sign any paper, but MAYBE I am not a member anymore. I was graduated at the end of 2005 and I haven't had any contacts with Communist Party since I left school. According to the regulations of CP, if I don't contribute or contact with them more than 2/3 years (not quite sure), I automatically give up my membership. So I am not a member either right now or I won't be pretty soon. I think that might be the reason.

• 3 weeks later...