Advance Parole

I'm sending in paperwork today for the I-485. I'm also sending in I-131 for Advance Parole. The fee for the I-485, including biometrics is $1010. When sending in the AP paperwork at the same time, is there an additional fee for the AP or is it covered under the $1010 fee?

thanks everyone.

AP is also included as part of that monster $1010 fee.

K-1 need AP to travel out of country while AOS is processing, K-3 do not.

AP is also included as part of that monster $1010 fee.

K-1 need AP to travel out of country while AOS is processing, K-3 do not.

Hey Dan,

You are always such a wealth of information in this regard; and many of us do thank you for your always informative responses.

As a side-bar to the question in this thread; what about travel to Canada while awaiting AOS while under the status of the K-3 visa ??

We like to take the boat over to Victoria B.C. from Roche Harbor on San Juan Is. WA. In the Spring/Summer.

The last two times we made the trip, we were hailed over and boarded by (always very pleasant/courteous) Canadian Customs officers in their fast patrol boats, while on route to Victoria Harbor.

What if I make the trip with Lao Po and daughter while they are under the K-3 and K-4 status, prior to the AOS being completed. Are we covered with the visa in their PRC passports ?? :D

I'm sending in paperwork today for the I-485. I'm also sending in I-131 for Advance Parole. The fee for the I-485, including biometrics is $1010. When sending in the AP paperwork at the same time, is there an additional fee for the AP or is it covered under the $1010 fee?

thanks everyone.

Thank you very, very much.

Hey Dan,

You are always such a wealth of information in this regard; and many of us do thank you for your always informative responses.

As a side-bar to the question in this thread; what about travel to Canada while awaiting AOS while under the status of the K-3 visa ??

We like to take the boat over to Victoria B.C. from Roche Harbor on San Juan Is. WA. In the Spring/Summer.

The last two times we made the trip, we were hailed over and boarded by (always very pleasant/courteous) Canadian Customs officers in their fast patrol boats, while on route to Victoria Harbor.

What if I make the trip with Lao Po and daughter while they are under the K-3 and K-4 status, prior to the AOS being completed. Are we covered with the visa in their PRC passports ?? :D

K-3 and K-4 is a multi entry visa so you can leave the USA and return without problem. HOWEVER, any country that required a Chinese national to have a Visa to visit their country like CANADA will still need to get a visa to visit. This also applies to K-1's using an AP document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/visit/visas.asp

Later when your wife gets a green-card this will change somewhat.

A Green-card holder can visit Canada, Mexico, and the neighboring Islands like the Caribbean using the green-card, without a visa for these nearby foreign countries.

Visitor Visa Exemptions

persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/visit/visas.asp Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Hey Dan,

K-3 and K-4 is a multi entry visa so you can leave the USA and return without problem. HOWEVER, any country that required a Chinese national to have a Visa to visit their country like CANADA will still need to get a visa to visit. This also applies to K-1's using an AP document.

Later when your wife gets a green-card this will change somewhat.

A Green-card holder can visit Canada, Mexico, and the neighboring Islands like the Caribbean using the green-card, without a visa for these nearby foreign countries.

Visitor Visa Exemptions

persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence.

Ahh, thanks for the heads-up Dan !!!

Hopefully, it will not be a problem for them to get the tourist visa, given the cirucumstances of being a married woman (not a single Chinese female) and pending a Green Card being issued in the USA ?? :mbounce:

I'm not sure about the advance parole being included in the fee but if you fill out the I-765 for EAD it is included in the fee now. Send them together. You need either a green card or a visa to enter Canada. A K-3 visa is not sufficient.

I'm not sure about the advance parole being included in the fee but if you fill out the I-765 for EAD it is included in the fee now. Send them together. You need either a green card or a visa to enter Canada. A K-3 visa is not sufficient.

Thank you too, for clarifying that nuance !! From what you both state; the K-3 is only a 'pass' to get back into the USA, as in going to and from the PRC, for a Chinese spouse; however, for one's beneficiary, it has no extension to nations other than the USA. Even those which do not require a travel visa for the USC.

From what the Canadian Border Agents in my town told me, your wife will need to get a Canadian visa which may not be possible without a Canadian sponsor. Her American visa is meaningless according to the Border Agents.

I was investigating flying my gal to the US via Calgary and driving her home. Calgary is only 250 miles from my home, is my home office and has a small but nice Chinatown.

I-131 directions page 7:
NOTE: If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, as of July 30, 2007,no fee is required to also file a request for advance parole on Form I-131. You may file the I-131 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-131 at a later date. If you file Form I-131 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485 as of July 30, 2007.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

From what the Canadian Border Agents in my town told me, your wife will need to get a Canadian visa which may not be possible without a Canadian sponsor. Her American visa is meaningless according to the Border Agents.

I was investigating flying my gal to the US via Calgary and driving her home. Calgary is only 250 miles from my home, is my home office and has a small but nice Chinatown.

'ME4Ying' used a flight from HK with layover in Vancouver when coming to the USA on a K3, they had to get a Canada Visa, in order to transit Vancouver.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=27450&hl=

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=27225&hl=

I suspect if the Chinese national is married and traveling with a US Citizen Canada will not have a problem issuing a visitors visa.

'ME4Ying' used a flight from HK with layover in Vancouver when coming to the USA on a K3, they had to get a Canada Visa, in order to transit Vancouver.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=27450&hl=

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=27225&hl=

I suspect if the Chinese national is married and traveling with a US Citizen Canada will not have a problem issuing a visitors visa.

Dan, this is what my assumption would be too; however, I have sent an e-mail to the appropriate govt. office to ascertain the answer to this specific question.