CR1 marrage visa

Say my wife got a CR1 marrage visa from China and came to the US about 3 weeks ago. If she wanted to go back to China to visit for a couple of months say in December or January 2008 is there any problems or issues that need to be delt with before she could do that???----Or better yet, can she do that?? Go back to China for a visit that is??

Thank you -------Mr. Ben

Say my wife got a CR1 marrage visa from China and came to the US about 3 weeks ago. If she wanted to go back to China to visit for a couple of months say in December or January 2008 is there any problems or issues that need to be delt with before she could do that???----Or better yet, can she do that?? Go back to China for a visit that is??

Thank you -------Mr. Ben

No problems. My wife went back soon after she was here do to

family problems. She didn't even have her gc yet.

Your wife's visa will act as her temp. gc for I believe 1 year if she

wants or needs to travel.

Not a problem, you can travel anytime, the officer at the POE should have put an I-551 stamp in the passport making the passport act as a temp green-card. If you have the actual green-card you will need to carry that also.

Passport is needed for international travel, I-551 stamp or green-card is needed to re-enter the USA.

Trips of less than 6 months are not a problem, trips over 6 months will affect you later if you decide to naturalize to become a US Citizen, and trips more than a year but less than two years, will require a re-entry permit (I-131 filed) before leaving the USA.

No issues there.

1st time I took my wife out of the US, we went to Canada. Amy had been in the US only 1 month. We got a hard time getting in. Only because the Canadian border gaurds didn't know what a CR-1 visa was. They told us to go back to the consulate in Buffalo and get the appropriate paperwork. Thier "boss" finally showed up a few minutes later and told us to have a nice stay in Canada. On our way back into the US from Canada we flashed the CR-1 to the border gaurd, he smiled and let us right on through.

Not a problem, you can travel anytime, the officer at the POE should have put an I-551 stamp in the passport making the passport act as a temp green-card. If you have the actual green-card you will need to carry that also.

Passport is needed for international travel, I-551 stamp or green-card is needed to re-enter the USA.

Trips of less than 6 months are not a problem, trips over 6 months will affect you later if you decide to naturalize to become a US Citizen, and trips more than a year but less than two years, will require a re-entry permit (I-131 filed) before leaving the USA.