IMPORTANT DISNEY GET TOGETHER

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

IMPORTANT

Looks like we're going to have a very good turnout for this weekend's get together. Something that is becoming clear however is that most everyone in attendance will be coming in from out of town. With that said, I wanted to get some ideas from our members and those who will be coming on how to handle the food thing. Here are some options:

1. Bring cutting boards, knives, pots, pans, food, etc., so that those wanting to cook can do it there. We can make trips to the local stores to pickup food.

2. Cater the event. There are a few facilities that are licensed by Disney that will allow us to cater. If we choose that, I will present menu options and prices here.

3. Other ideas?

Lan was planning cooking a few things and bringing, but we don't want to make others uncomfortable because they simply don't have the facilities to cook. Again, there are a few charcoal grills in the area, so those of creative mind and spirit can handle it that way. Regardless, I'm guessing when we all put our heads together we can come up with something.

2. Cater the event. There are a few facilities that are licensed by Disney that will allow us to cater. If we choose that, I will present menu options and prices here.

I think Cheffie may find it sacrilege to cater this event. :P If we pull all our culinary skills into one enitity, I'm sure we'll experience gastronomical bliss.

I believe sharing a general pot luck would be in order since food is integral to social gathering, especially when friends and family, or soon-to-be friends, share the care someone puts into a dish. It makes it all the more special ie. complimenting each other and sharing recipes. It's a great conversation piece.

Burgers, wings, dogs, stir fry and beer! What a' ya think?

Guest ShaQuaNew

I think Cheffie may find it sacrilege to cater this event. :P If we pull all our culinary skills into one enitity, I'm sure we'll experience gastronomical bliss.

I believe sharing a general pot luck would be in order since food is integral to social gathering, especially when friends and family, or soon-to-be friends, share the care someone puts into a dish. It makes it all the more special ie. complimenting each other and sharing recipes. It's a great conversation piece.

Yes, Cheffie probably would at that. Unfortunately Cheff volunteered early for this, but has since been waylayed with work. He expected his wife Yan and K2 son to be here for this event, but they too were delayed in China and won't be able to make it. In their absence, he's been working lots of overtime and had little time to dedicate to this event. Still, he will be attending however.

I agree that we all should be able to pull things together and cook something up nice on the grills. I mentioned to Lan about bringing cooking items so out of town guests that are flying or driving long distances. She says, "too much," thinking we'd have to bring spices, pots and pans, yada, yada.

So, perhaps we can keep it a bit more simple and bring a few knives cutting boards and the like to have a general cookout.

Yes, Cheffie probably would at that. Unfortunately Cheff volunteered early for this, but has since been waylayed with work. He expected his wife Yan and K2 son to be here for this event, but they too were delayed in China and won't be able to make it. In their absence, he's been working lots of overtime and had little time to dedicate to this event. Still, he will be attending however.

I agree that we all should be able to pull things together and cook something up nice on the grills. I mentioned to Lan about bringing cooking items so out of town guests that are flying or driving long distances. She says, "too much," thinking we'd have to bring spices, pots and pans, yada, yada.

So, perhaps we can keep it a bit more simple and bring a few knives cutting boards and the like to have a general cookout.

We're flying in so bringing a special dish is not feasible B) . I think

keeping it simple is best. Nothing wrong with a good barbecue.

I was planning on finding a local store and buying supplies on

Sat. morning.

Would some sort of list be a good idea? You know, Sam bring XXX,

Joe bring XXX and so on. Either way, can't wait to get down there :D .

We're flying in so bringing a special dish is not feasible B) . I think

Sat. morning.

yimi brings the wings!

We're flying in so bringing a special dish is not feasible :lol: . I think

Sat. morning.

yimi brings the wings!

Louie eats the wings :D

What we did at OGT 5 when we had people coming in from out of state was have the locals bring enough meat and utensils for their family plus one more person. The people from out of town could bring stuff from a local market or something. Worked for us Jesse.

Guest ShaQuaNew

What we did at OGT 5 when we had people coming in from out of state was have the locals bring enough meat and utensils for their family plus one more person. The people from out of town could bring stuff from a local market or something. Worked for us Jesse.

Thanks Carl, yes, agreed. We will be doing the same.

Jesse