new member, first post, need help please

Hi everyone...i am steve. This is my first post here and i am very unsure how all this works here, so please be patient with me. Just to give you a little background info on my situation.....my fiance' of course is in china and i have submitted all the paperwork to the california service center for processing and recieved my case number july 13th, 2007. I am having an immigration attorney handle all the paperwork so it is not rejected for trivial mistakes. I was told it should be about seven months from the time the case number is issued to the time she has her interview. Does this seem to be in line with what others have experienced?

Dump the attorney and spend that money on another trip to be with her. Just cross your t's and dot your i's. Collect as much evidence of a bona-fide relationship as possible. As long as neither you nor your fiance is not playing any games, your only real hurdle is time.

I'll let someone else explain your need to buy Cheetos. :lol: :D

It took us 13 months from an 04 filing date. Not sure what the more recent filings have been.

Edited by tmkeith (see edit history)

Dump the attorney and spend that money on another trip to be with her. Just cross your t's and dot your i's. Collect as much evidence of a bona-fide relationship as possible. As long as neither you nor your fiance is not playing any games, your only real hurdle is time.

I'll let someone else explain your need to buy Cheetos. :lol: :D

Dude !! where you been hiding.. coming up for air :o

----

Seven months is very optimistic in a normal period.

Right now, well for the last several months, the service centers are undergoing a dreadful slow down due to another visa type submission cap that occurred...

Any lawyer worth his paycheck should know about this.. and this isn't even specific to china !!

I think you should expect 8-12 months as a conservative guess :huh:

i have been there 5 times to see her since aug 06...and was there three weeks ago and already have tickets to go again in november....so proof of the bonafide relationship is not a problem...legal fees have already been paid....just wanted to know about the timelines and if it seems to be in line with others that have done this.....and also i am just trying to see how to navigate this website too

Guest Rob & Jin

Hi everyone...i am steve. This is my first post here and i am very unsure how all this works here, so please be patient with me. Just to give you a little background info on my situation.....my fiance' of course is in china and i have submitted all the paperwork to the california service center for processing and recieved my case number july 13th, 2007. I am having an immigration attorney handle all the paperwork so it is not rejected for trivial mistakes. I was told it should be about seven months from the time the case number is issued to the time she has her interview. Does this seem to be in line with what others have experienced?

Welcome to CFL, if you send your time line details to David he can enter you into the stats.You can also enter it as your avatar signature as we most do. Good luck on your petition, now we have 3 July filiers, will be interesting to see if we progress together. I agree its going to be around 9 - 12 months from NOA-1 to interview.

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)