Lust Caution

My wife says that in China the sex scenes were removed.

My wife said the same thing.

Her friends at work all asked her to get her husband to bring the american version dvd on my next visit.

Truth is there will be cheaper copies of the american version available before I can get there I bet.

Yes I bet the un-cut DVD will be available in China (legally or the local moving DVD store) before you can bring it.

Jackie Chan's 2005 movie San Wa aka The Myth just became available at Blockbuster Oct 30, 2007. I saw it in opening weekend in Shenzhen, China back on Sept 23, 2005.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that 17 minutes were cut for the Chinese version.

It will make the character development less understandable I'm sure.

Small minds ...

Joanne posted a link to an interview with Ang Lee in an earlier post in this thread. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=339857

Ang Lee says it's right around 10 minutes. Some journalist started saying 15-17 minutes were censored and everyone else starting quoting that number. It's actually 10 minutes or less that was cut, according to Ang Lee.

I read somewhere that 17 minutes were cut for the Chinese version.

It will make the character development less understandable I'm sure.

Small minds ...

Joanne posted a link to an interview with Ang Lee in an earlier post in this thread. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=339857

Ang Lee says it's right around 10 minutes. Some journalist started saying 15-17 minutes were censored and everyone else starting quoting that number. It's actually 10 minutes or less that was cut, according to Ang Lee.

But, I think, Ang Lee didn't know. At the end more were cut. Some reported the cut version was only 130 minutes instead of 158.

My wife says that in China the sex scenes were removed.

My wife said the same thing.

Her friends at work all asked her to get her husband to bring the american version dvd on my next visit.

Truth is there will be cheaper copies of the american version available before I can get there I bet.

It came out already. Selling for 5 RMB.

Guest ShaQuaNew
"Lust, Caution" prompts virus, medical warnings

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese anti-virus company has warned against free downloads of Ang Lee's steamy spy thriller, "Lust, Caution", saying several hundred sites offering the service were embedded with viruses.

And Chinese doctors have warned moviegoers not to try some of the more ambitious sexual positions featured in the uncut version of the film.

The movie has been a big hit in China, reaping 90 million yuan ($12.12 million) in its first two weeks, despite losing seven minutes to the censors, and has been tipped by some to be the year's biggest box office success.

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainme...=22&sp=true