P4 documents?

Trying to get things organized for the interview. Tell me if I have it right about the documents we'll need.

Along with the P4 Appointment letter, the OF-171 Information Sheet, the Cert. of Intent to Marry and the GIV-24,

we also need:

2 English versions of the DS-156,hand-filled

2 Chinese versions of the DS-156,hand filled

2 electronic versions of the DS-156, (for the barcode)

2 English versions of the DS-156K,hand-filled

2 Chinese versions of the DS-156K,hand-filled

2 English versions of the DS-157,hand filled

2 Chinese versions of the DS-157,hand-filled

For a grand total of 14 copies of the various DS documents? Is that about right?

Do ALL these versions go into the sealed packet at the medical?

Do they still require the GNI-2 supplemental form for K1? Or has it been eliminated?

Thanks.

My fiancee is fluent in English, so we did not bother with the Chinese versions of DS-156, DS-157, DS-156K.. I asked the consular officer at ACH, and was told that one set or the other can be used.

You can find fillable versions here, http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html No hand writing needed other than signature.

Only 1 DS-156K needed.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/visa_packet_forms2.html

Trying to get things organized for the interview. Tell me if I have it right about the documents we'll need.

Along with the P4 Appointment letter, the OF-171 Information Sheet, the Cert. of Intent to Marry and the GIV-24,

we also need:

2 English versions of the DS-156,hand-filled

2 Chinese versions of the DS-156,hand filled

2 electronic versions of the DS-156, (for the barcode)

2 English versions of the DS-156K,hand-filled

2 Chinese versions of the DS-156K,hand-filled

2 English versions of the DS-157,hand filled

2 Chinese versions of the DS-157,hand-filled

For a grand total of 14 copies of the various DS documents? Is that about right?

Do ALL these versions go into the sealed packet at the medical?

Do they still require the GNI-2 supplemental form for K1? Or has it been eliminated?

Thanks.

Good for you Dave, looks like your on it. I will watch your posts if I may, since I am doing the same as you right now!!!

I WOULD like to joke a little though? Have you read on some of these forms some verbage that states "Paperwork Reduction Act"? I've read it on some things that I have filled out. I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that!

My fiancee is fluent in English, so we did not bother with the Chinese versions of DS-156, DS-157, DS-156K.. I asked the consular officer at ACH, and was told that one set or the other can be used.

You can find fillable versions here, http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html No hand writing needed other than signature.

Only 1 DS-156K needed.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/visa_packet_forms2.html

Thanks Dan.

The reason I asked about all the versions was because I read back through some old threads and there was some discussion about the fact that some of the medical personnel at some of the hospitals insisted on the Chinese versions and the hand-filled versions being included in the packet.

Do you think this could still happen? Is it possible that we'd be SOL if we don't do the Chinese versions?

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

Have you read on some of these forms some verbage that states "Paperwork Reduction Act"? I've read it on some things that I have filled out. I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that!

Reduction? Hah! That is a good one. :yahoo:

I'm serious!!! Many of the forms I downloaded had some inclusion of a Paperwork Reduction Act written along the bottom!! I kept thinking to myself, when they were going to "enact" this "act"?

Have you read on some of these forms some verbage that states "Paperwork Reduction Act"? I've read it on some things that I have filled out. I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that!

Reduction? Hah! That is a good one. :yahoo:

I'm serious!!! Many of the forms I downloaded had some inclusion of a Paperwork Reduction Act written along the bottom!! I kept thinking to myself, when they were going to "enact" this "act"?

I would answer but it would probably be too political. :yahoo:

Reduction? Hah! That is a good one. <_<

I would answer but it would probably be too political. :P

me too....

By the way, did you know they want these forms in triplicate (it's a government thing) so your 14 pages just turned into 42...just kidding. : )

Guest Rob & Jin

Reduction? Hah! That is a good one. <_<

I would answer but it would probably be too political. :P

HAHA "paperwork reduction act" i would say something, but would be banned for life

I prepared all our forms using the fillable pdf files. We did duplicates of the D156 and D157, 2 english and 2 chinese. We only used the bar code version. For GNI 2, D156K, GIV 24 we did one copy.

Are you sure DS-156 and DS-157 need to be done in both English AND Chinese?

I don't see that requested anywhere on the forms? I DID see on GUZ's website (General Info/Visa Application Form) a request for "some" questions (DS-156: 6, 7, 8, 9, 15, 18, 20) and (DS-157: 5, 6, 7, 12, 17) to "ALSO" be answered in Chinese characters. Is this why you and some others have duplicated forms in Chinese? Was that in the packet instructions or should I explain to my SO?

I prepared all our forms using the fillable pdf files. We did duplicates of the D156 and D157, 2 english and 2 chinese. We only used the bar code version. For GNI 2, D156K, GIV 24 we did one copy.

I don't see that requested anywhere on the forms? I DID see on GUZ's website (General Info/Visa Application Form) a request for "some" questions (DS-156: 6, 7, 8, 9, 15, 18, 20) and (DS-157: 5, 6, 7, 12, 17) to "ALSO" be answered in Chinese characters. Is this why you and some others have duplicated forms in Chinese? Was that in the packet instructions or should I explain to my SO?

We originally only did the English versions but had read on CFL some of the hospitals want the Chinese versions too. Sure enough when my SO did her medical in Beijing they also wanted the Chinese versions. We had them prepared so it was no big deal. The Chinese versions should be in the packet or download from this site.

We originally only did the English versions but had read on CFL some of the hospitals want the Chinese versions too. Sure enough when my SO did her medical in Beijing they also wanted the Chinese versions. We had them prepared so it was no big deal. The Chinese versions should be in the packet or download from this site.

Thanks Houston. That's what I remember reading as well.

One question. Can the fillable forms be completed in Chinese by my SO in China or does she need to do them by hand?

Thanks Houston. That's what I remember reading as well.

One question. Can the fillable forms be completed in Chinese by my SO in China or does she need to do them by hand?

Thanks for asking Dave. I'm with you on these forms. Wish there was a place that had both fillable and savable to e-mail my SO as reference. My SO does not have a printer so I'm assuming "hand-filled" with my honey.