China Bashing on Economics...Why it's Wrong...

There is a new twist to the story. Chinese officials are now being questioned and have to respond to questions as to why goods for exports, including food items, have to meet a higher standard. Is Chinese life not a life or just as worthy? It is a good start.

Sometimes people choose to buy goods with lesser quality because they cost less, i.e., cheap. Somebody in China would go hungry if all things are up to western standard.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a new twist to the story. Chinese officials are now being questioned and have to respond to questions as to why goods for exports, including food items, have to meet a higher standard. Is Chinese life not a life or just as worthy? It is a good start.

Sometimes people choose to buy goods with lesser quality because they cost less, i.e., cheap. Somebody in China would go hungry if all things are up to western standard.

I think we are not talking about quality as much as we are safety and health related issues.

I think we are not talking about quality as much as we are safety and health related issues.

I feel they are related. I don't know. For example, the quality of ear phone, the accoustic characteristics of the device leads to what frequency range of sounds wave hit your ears. If the device not designed or build well, it might hurt your hearing over long term use. Most of us would consider this a quality issue, not a health or safety issue, right?

Edited by Joanne (see edit history)

The thing is, either you can complain about it or take advantage of it.

People keep on complaining about the social/income gap every where, in the US, in China. But why not try climb on to the top?

You really believe that ?

Yeah, Rob. Apparently some people still believe in being upwardly mobile. Do you REALLY have a problem with that???? If so, what is your alternative, enforced re-distribution of wealth????

I totally respect Tony's position, that we should strive to better ourselves. Beats the heck out of sitting around and whining for assistance.

Edited by DMikeS4321 (see edit history)

I really do believe that through individual efforts each one of us can make a better living in the U.S. or in China.

I left China in 1989 with $200 for the U.S. and left the U.S. after 12 years of being a lawyer, from a poorly paid prosecutor, to an ambulance chasing trial lawyer, criminal defense and family law, to working with one of the top firms in Tax and mergers and acqisitions. When I return to Hong Kong, the Chinese law has changed so much that I have to start all over. Within 3 months, I took over a team in real estate with no prior experience and after two deals was recruited as the chief legal counsel of a growing and now large investment fund.

One thing that I had was a mat when I first came back to Asia to use in the office when I have to work over night. In the two deals that I did, one negotiation went on for three days and nights. But I got the deal done ( at 20k per sq meter of a historical building on Nanjing East road, now land price alone is 66k).

In the past, when I was working in NY, there are always these people complaining about the social inequality, esp. those clients that were facing jail time. They keep on saying" You would never understand". Well , each time I have to tell them, yes I do understand, growing up an orphane in China from age of 8.

I have ran into so many here in China that are from the countryside or with little education but with drive and determination and made it.

Complaining never gets people anywhere, in China or in the U.S.

Thank you SO much for sharing your story. There are a lot here who could learn from it.

You, Sir, are an inspiration!

Help me out.

America is guilty of "baseless demonization" when we point out China's exporting defective products to us?

(Waiter!!!Theres a fly in my soup.)

Now they blame "American designers"?

Lead paint in toys made in China is America's fault?

Actually, it can seldom be said to be the country's fault.

In the latest toy recalls, Mattel also shares part of the blame, though, IMO, not the majority of the blame. They should never trust suppliers and need to check to make sure the products were made to specs. Ultimately what Mattel sells to American consumers is mattel's responsibility should anything happen.

It isn't actually difficult for them to analyze each batch produced.

Mattel should take the blame. Mattel can blame its suppliers and do whatever to penalize the suppliers if they didn't conform to Mattel's design and specified quality standard. However, Mattel is still responsible to its own customers in US.

OK,so if Mattel discovers a problem,and they notify the Chinese factory of the problem,won't they be blamed of "complaining" and "pointing the finger" and playing a blame game?

Even if its Mattel's fault,they should not accept any more shipments from the Chinese factory.

Waiter,theres a fly in my soup.

Thread, there is SOMETHING in your soup. I hope it isn't a toy from China!!

I think you are missing the point. Mattel is passing the buck. It is MATTEL'S fault that they accepted and marketed the toys in the U.S. If they didn't specify what they wanted, and, if they didn't inspect the goods before accepting and marketing them, THEY are to blame.

They should simply quit pointing the finger.

End of story.

Help me out.

America is guilty of "baseless demonization" when we point out China's exporting defective products to us?

(Waiter!!!Theres a fly in my soup.)

Now they blame "American designers"?

Lead paint in toys made in China is America's fault?

Actually, it can seldom be said to be the country's fault.

In the latest toy recalls, Mattel also shares part of the blame, though, IMO, not the majority of the blame. They should never trust suppliers and need to check to make sure the products were made to specs. Ultimately what Mattel sells to American consumers is mattel's responsibility should anything happen.

It isn't actually difficult for them to analyze each batch produced.

Mattel should take the blame. Mattel can blame its suppliers and do whatever to penalize the suppliers if they didn't conform to Mattel's design and specified quality standard. However, Mattel is still responsible to its own customers in US.

OK,so if Mattel discovers a problem,and they notify the Chinese factory of the problem,won't they be blamed of "complaining" and "pointing the finger" and playing a blame game?

Even if its Mattel's fault,they should not accept any more shipments from the Chinese factory.

Waiter,theres a fly in my soup.

Thread, there is SOMETHING in your soup. I hope it isn't a toy from China!!

I think you are missing the point. Mattel is passing the buck. It is MATTEL'S fault that they accepted and marketed the toys in the U.S. If they didn't specify what they wanted, and, if they didn't inspect the goods before accepting and marketing them, THEY are to blame.

They should simply quit pointing the finger.

End of story.

I really agree with this. One of the biggest aspects of quality assurance is receiving inspection. It is definitely up to the buyer to insure the seller is delivering what was ordered.

-James