I 765---I-94

Yanlan started a new job yesterday. After letting her work all day, they sent her home and said don't come back until you get the I 94 translated, it is in Chinese on the back, english on the front, and stamped by DHS. And. They also will not let her work because the SS card says "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization". The company says she needs to have that changed or they will not let her work.

The Bio metrics for everything has been finished and we have the reciept numbers for everything.

My question is----can she work or not? If she can does she need to do what the company says she needs to do?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Yanlan started a new job yesterday. After letting her work all day, they sent her home and said don't come back until you get the I 94 translated, it is in Chinese on the back, english on the front, and stamped by DHS. And. They also will not let her work because the SS card says "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization". The company says she needs to have that changed or they will not let her work.

The Bio metrics for everything has been finished and we have the reciept numbers for everything.

My question is----can she work or not? If she can does she need to do what the company says she needs to do?

If she doesn't have a green card, she will need EAD. Without one or the other, she cannot legally work. If she has one or the other, it's a good idea to go right to the Social Security Office and get a new social security card with the "Now valid for Work" statement removed. Technically, one can legally work before having that statment removed from the card, but many employers will object if it's there and require that you get a clean SSN card.

If she doesn't have a green card, she will need EAD. Without one or the other, she cannot legally work. If she has one or the other, it's a good idea to go right to the Social Security Office and get a new social security card with the "Now valid for Work" statement removed. Technically, one can legally work before having that statment removed from the card, but many employers will object if it's there and require that you get a clean SSN card.

No EAD card yet still waiting. Green card may take a few more years. Looks like they are now very back logged.

Oh well, it's a shme, it was a nice job for her.

Thanks dude.

The SSA won't remove it until she has a green card. It's basically meaningless, since she DOES need DHS authorization, but some companies don't like to see it none-the-less.

It shouldn't be any problem if she can produce the EAD card within 90 days (she can).

But the company isn't required to allow her to work. If you still want to try, show them the NOA1 from the EAD application.

Randy we gave them all the reciepts and everything. No luck.

Thanks

It shouldn't be any problem if she can produce the EAD card within 90 days (she can).

But the company isn't required to allow her to work. If you still want to try, show them the NOA1 from the EAD application.

Thanks

Because an application doesn't guarantee approval. We're waiting onboard the same boat--almost a full month ahead of you. 90-day window expired and no EAD in sight. Don't sprain anything twiddling your thumbs waiting.......

Thanks

Because an application doesn't guarantee approval. We're waiting onboard the same boat--almost a full month ahead of you. 90-day window expired and no EAD in sight. Don't sprain anything twiddling your thumbs waiting.......

Still standing in line bro...................................

Just wait for EAD. It takes about 60 days.

Honestly I like having Yanlan around the house, she is a lot of fun. SHE is the one that can't wait to work. I need jobs. is all I hear. I try to tell her to slow down but to no avail! :P

Honestly I like having Yanlan around the house, she is a lot of fun. SHE is the one that can't wait to work. I need jobs. is all I hear. I try to tell her to slow down but to no avail! :P

Then maybe you'll be fortunate like us and have to wait 120 days and counting.......

Yes, Ling has been making noises for a week now about working without a work permit. I've told her that breaking the law in that way is NOT an option in my household. Yesterday she came home from her ESL class (what a great venue for spreading misinformation!!!!) claiming knowledge of all kinds of work it is legal to do without a permit.

Ling told me she needed to work so she could help pay for our food. I only said, "yes....and our house payment......"

She replied, "but that is $1200 every month!"

To which I responded, "but you only have to pay 1/2. And when your daughter gets here you will pay 2/3."

She knows I was only teasing but I made my point. She promised me she would wait for her permit.

Then maybe you'll be fortunate like us and have to wait 120 days and counting.......

Yes, Ling has been making noises for a week now about working without a work permit. I've told her that breaking the law in that way is NOT an option in my household. Yesterday she came home from her ESL class (what a great venue for spreading misinformation!!!!) claiming knowledge of all kinds of work it is legal to do without a permit.

Ling told me she needed to work so she could help pay for our food. I only said, "yes....and our house payment......"

She replied, "but that is $1200 every month!"

To which I responded, "but you only have to pay 1/2. And when your daughter gets here you will pay 2/3."

She knows I was only teasing but I made my point. She promised me she would wait for her permit.

Yea I get that from her ESL and 001. I have it all under control until these come into play. :P Bless her heart.