Don't Mess With Texas

I have to relate a story that happened to me this last week. It involves my wife - Maggie. I sure it will happen you sooner or later so just sit back and read our story. For you guys in Tennessee whose wives have taken a driver¡¯s test, you will be able to relate as well. And to Dennis¡¯ wife who¡¯s manage to modify her car, I¡¯m sure he can relate.

It started out as a normal workday morning and my wife had already left to go to work. I was playing Mr. Mom that morning getting my son ready for school. Typical procedures that we go through everyday. Wife kisses me goodbye, I stay at home and get Alex ready for school¡­ and the phone rings, 15 minutes after she left.

¡°I got a ticket!¡± she said excitedly over the phone, even before I even had a chance to say hello.

Ok, I thought, if that was the worst of it, I can live with it. We continued with her story and by listening to her voice I could ell she was very excited and then said ¡°he said he was going to take me to court.¡±

Great I thought, another misinterpretation of what she may have been trying to say to him or talk to him about. ¡°Why?¡± I asked, she began to tell me that she keep asking him if he was going to give her a warning¡­ instead of a ticket.

Now, let¡¯s back up a few months ago and I¡¯ll tell you what happened previously by another cop ¨C Houston City Police.

Maggie was driving and had apparently did a touch and go procedure through a stop sign without completely stopping, and low and behold there was a cop there on the opposite side that saw her. He immediately turned around and flashed his lights and pulled her over. Scared the crap out of her. Now remember, In China Police are feared a little more that the police here. Here you have rights; there you don¡¯t or at least not before.

Well the Houston Police Cop either loved Asian women or thought she was cute or what ever and proceeded to give her a warning and told her not to do it again¡­. Now speed forward to this last week.

The Texas State Trooper ¨C (Now image this, a tall fellow, in a grey uniform, shades, Cowboy hat, no smile, handing her a pad to sign) Maggie looks at this guy and as he¡¯s handing her the pad to sign it. The conversation goes something like this:

Maggie - ¡°Aren¡¯t you going to give me a warning?¡±

Trooper ¨C ¡°Sign the ticket and I¡¯m giving you a warning about your plates ¨C their expired¡±

(Husband¡¯s Note ¨C Plates will not expire until the end of this month ¨C and Maggie and no idea what he was talking about)

Maggie ¨C ¡°but are you not going to give me a warning?¡±

Trooper ¨C ¡°Sign the ticket now or I will take you to see the judge¡±

Maggie ¨C ¡°But what did I do?¡±

Trooper ¨C ¡°Lady, you were speeding ¨C 55 in a 35 mph zone¡±

Now guys she may have been speeding but do you see what happened here. She has been driving here in the USA for 7 years. Never had an accident and never had a speeding ticket let alone being pulled over. The 1st time she gets pulled over by the police, she gets a warning, so she expected this cop to giver a warning too!

Maggie ¨C ¡°ok¡± and she signs the pad.

This trooper either had a bad day, woke up pissed, his wife and him had a fight, etc, etc.. It was 7:00 am in the morning and my wife had no clue as to what made this guy made, but I have a feeling he didn¡¯t like foreigners and wasn¡¯t going to put up with someone either not understanding what he was saying or not understanding the laws.

As for the warning about her plates, I was a little ticked off because he didn¡¯t need to give her a warning about the plates and you can bet I will be in the little kangaroo court that we have to go to here in Texas.

A Chinese woman speeding? :) That's a new one.

I can relate about the phone call...trying your best to sort it out so you can get the facts straight.

As far as cops go...I ain't saying nothin' or will surely start a tit for tat over the 'very hard job' cops have. Besides, Maggie must have had it coming. :) And, she's just lucky her little Asian butt wasn't hauled off to jail by that man who was just doing his job. :)

Seriously, it does sound like the cop would have pulled anyone over for anything. She just happened to by in his 'radar' that morning. Guess it was her turn.

I can't see anything wrong on the part of the cop - ¡°Sign the ticket now or I will take you to see the judge¡± at least gives her a choice which she understood, although in her mind it was a little harsh.

Make sure she doesn't expect a warning next time.

I can't see anything wrong on the part of the cop - ¡°Sign the ticket now or I will take you to see the judge¡± at least gives her a choice which she understood, although in her mind it was a little harsh.

Texas State Trooper pulls over an ol' boy just outside Knickerbocker. The trooper walks up to the pick-up's driver's window, and knocks on the visqueen. "Pops, you got any ID?" asks the trooper. "'Bout whut?" asks the driver. (told to me by my nephew who's a policeman in Colleyville)

I have to relate a story that happened to me this last week. It involves my wife - Maggie. I sure it will happen you sooner or later so just sit back and read our story. For you guys in Tennessee whose wives have taken a driver¡¯s test, you will be able to relate as well. And to Dennis¡¯ wife who¡¯s manage to modify her car, I¡¯m sure he can relate.

It started out as a normal workday morning and my wife had already left to go to work. I was playing Mr. Mom that morning getting my son ready for school. Typical procedures that we go through everyday. Wife kisses me goodbye, I stay at home and get Alex ready for school¡­ and the phone rings, 15 minutes after she left.

¡°I got a ticket!¡± she said excitedly over the phone, even before I even had a chance to say hello.

Ok, I thought, if that was the worst of it, I can live with it. We continued with her story and by listening to her voice I could ell she was very excited and then said ¡°he said he was going to take me to court.¡±

Great I thought, another misinterpretation of what she may have been trying to say to him or talk to him about. ¡°Why?¡± I asked, she began to tell me that she keep asking him if he was going to give her a warning¡­ instead of a ticket.

Now, let¡¯s back up a few months ago and I¡¯ll tell you what happened previously by another cop ¨C Houston City Police.

Maggie was driving and had apparently did a touch and go procedure through a stop sign without completely stopping, and low and behold there was a cop there on the opposite side that saw her. He immediately turned around and flashed his lights and pulled her over. Scared the crap out of her. Now remember, In China Police are feared a little more that the police here. Here you have rights; there you don¡¯t or at least not before.

Well the Houston Police Cop either loved Asian women or thought she was cute or what ever and proceeded to give her a warning and told her not to do it again¡­. Now speed forward to this last week.

The Texas State Trooper ¨C (Now image this, a tall fellow, in a grey uniform, shades, Cowboy hat, no smile, handing her a pad to sign) Maggie looks at this guy and as he¡¯s handing her the pad to sign it. The conversation goes something like this:

Maggie - ¡°Aren¡¯t you going to give me a warning?¡±

Trooper ¨C ¡°Sign the ticket and I¡¯m giving you a warning about your plates ¨C their expired¡±

(Husband¡¯s Note ¨C Plates will not expire until the end of this month ¨C and Maggie and no idea what he was talking about)

Maggie ¨C ¡°but are you not going to give me a warning?¡±

Trooper ¨C ¡°Sign the ticket now or I will take you to see the judge¡±

Maggie ¨C ¡°But what did I do?¡±

Trooper ¨C ¡°Lady, you were speeding ¨C 55 in a 35 mph zone¡±

Now guys she may have been speeding but do you see what happened here. She has been driving here in the USA for 7 years. Never had an accident and never had a speeding ticket let alone being pulled over. The 1st time she gets pulled over by the police, she gets a warning, so she expected this cop to giver a warning too!

Maggie ¨C ¡°ok¡± and she signs the pad.

This trooper either had a bad day, woke up pissed, his wife and him had a fight, etc, etc.. It was 7:00 am in the morning and my wife had no clue as to what made this guy made, but I have a feeling he didn¡¯t like foreigners and wasn¡¯t going to put up with someone either not understanding what he was saying or not understanding the laws.

As for the warning about her plates, I was a little ticked off because he didn¡¯t need to give her a warning about the plates and you can bet I will be in the little kangaroo court that we have to go to here in Texas.

Maybe the ¡®warning¡¯ about the soon to expire plates, could be interpreted as an advisory.¡­¡¯your plates will expire in just a few more days¡¯ -- in case, maybe, she was not aware of this fact ??? Sometimes, under the stress of a given situation, a motorist may misinterpret what is said. I am sure if he felt the plates were expired and revenue was in fact due, he would have cited her for that too.

However, you are also likely correct, in that he was a Texas cop -- he most likely did not like ¡°foreigners¡± !!! Unlike most cops in California, who are very enlightened and PC minded and are more apt to give cute Chinese women a break. :lol:

Texas State Trooper pulls over an ol' boy just outside Knickerbocker. The trooper walks up to the pick-up's driver's window, and knocks on the visqueen. "Pops, you got any ID?" asks the trooper. "'Bout whut?" asks the driver. (told to me by my nephew who's a policeman in Colleyville)

two good ol' boys

person1: "Jeweetyet?"

person2: "no, jew?

person1: "jewwanto?"

person1: "alllrite."

Some people I know just ramble on seemingly never taking a breath.

Guest ShaQuaNew
name='David&Wendy' date='Aug 26 2007, 03:13 PM'

two good ol' boys

person1: "Jeweetyet?"

person2: "no, jew?

person1: "jewwanto?"

person1: "alllrite."

Some people I know just ramble on seemingly never taking a breath.

That reminds me of a story I heard here in Florida, the best, and strongest state in the union:

MR Ducks

AR Not

OSAR

CM Wings

OIC

MR Ducks

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

So.... let me get this straight, we go from Texas Redneck troopers to Redneck jiberish. Then, to how Florida is the strongest state in the union!!!

What was the topic again? :blink:

(I hope Maggie is not too upset, it can be a stressful time) ;)

Thanks for your concern... it was quite an experience to say the least. One that she will not want to experience again any time soon.

I knew this thread would bring out all of the typical BS stuff here on CFL but my main purpose was to enlighten other couples and to beware that some day, you may also receive that dreaded phone call.

My wife doesn’t even drive on freeways much less go 50 mhp. She drives a Honda Civic and if anyone has driven one will know it’s like driving a go cart. You sit real low to the ground and you don’t feel like your going that fast. Unfortunately, I do believe she was speeding and my main concern when I received her call was that maybe she had an accident.

It was just a heads up for the rest of ya’ll.

School starts Monday, Drive safe and watch out for the little ones…

Have a nice week too!

Edited by Urkidding (see edit history)

I'll kick in my concerns.

I have a wife who only slowed down because, to her, I was calmer. She still has only the permit (this is how I talk sometimes). She goes up to 80 or 90 then down to 40 and doesn't seem to notice the diference. :headbang: . We've worked on this.

I have worked real hard on her braking earlier so my lower belly will heal from internal brusing from the seat belt. (Never mind everything in the van rushing forward)

I FEAR the result of her having her own car and license. So her inability to land a job, after countless good interviews, doesn't bother me a bit.

Now about this story. I for one don't think your wife being Chinese had a damn thing to do with it. He is a State Trooper, and that has EVERYTHING to do with it over a city cop.

I'll kick in my concerns.

I have a wife who only slowed down because, to her, I was calmer. She still has only the permit (this is how I talk sometimes). She goes up to 80 or 90 then down to 40 and doesn't seem to notice the diference. :headbang: . We've worked on this.

I have worked real hard on her braking earlier so my lower belly will heal from internal brusing from the seat belt. (Never mind everything in the van rushing forward)

I FEAR the result of her having her own car and license. So her inability to land a job, after countless good interviews, doesn't bother me a bit.

Now about this story. I for one don't think your wife being Chinese had a damn thing to do with it. He is a State Trooper, and that has EVERYTHING to do with it over a city cop.

I am dreading the day when I have to re-teach my SO how to drive after she gets here. She has a driver's license in China but she doesn't own a car so I don't know what her skill level is but I can only imagine from the experience of her friend driving us around town. During one 10 minutes trip, I counted no less than 5 traffic violations that would have gotten ticketed if it was in the states.

And you are correct. A State Trooper's job "IS" traffic compare to a city cop but getting caught at 20 over the speed limit will pretty much guarantee a ticket by any officer.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ShaQuaNew

A Chinese woman speeding? :o That's a new one.

:threeques: :P :blink:

Great story indeed! And Dennis, that is so true. Lan is generally under the speed limit and about ten car lengths behind whatever is in front of her.

:(

A Chinese woman speeding? ;) That's a new one.

I can relate about the phone call...trying your best to sort it out so you can get the facts straight.

As far as cops go...I ain't saying nothin' or will surely start a tit for tat over the 'very hard job' cops have. Besides, Maggie must have had it coming. :huh: And, she's just lucky her little Asian butt wasn't hauled off to jail by that man who was just doing his job. :o

Seriously, it does sound like the cop would have pulled anyone over for anything. She just happened to by in his 'radar' that morning. Guess it was her turn.

I knew some "ticket hounds" from when I was a police officer who liked writing tickets so much they'd hang one on a one-legged leper in a wheelchair....

Steve

"Ver are your paperz?"....you know the type.....

Guest Rob & Jin

A Chinese woman speeding? :roller: That's a new one.

As far as cops go...I ain't saying nothin' or will surely start a tit for tat over the 'very hard job' cops have. Besides, Maggie must have had it coming. :ph34r: And, she's just lucky her little Asian butt wasn't hauled off to jail by that man who was just doing his job. :lol:

I knew some "ticket hounds" from when I was a police officer who liked writing tickets so much they'd hang one on a one-legged leper in a wheelchair....

Steve

"Ver are your paperz?"....you know the type.....

Is not Texas Mexican ?