consulate interview scheduling method

hi, all:

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Consulate in China follows any kind of rule when assigning interview date. i'm asking this question because it seems that Fiona's (my fiancee) interview was scheduled at a much later time than everyone's else who's in the same P3 time frame. for example, i know that several people sent in their P3 around the time same time as Fiona; some even sent theirs later than Fiona did, but they all got interview date prior to hers. I've been in this K1 thing for a quite long time (longer than almost all of you). it seems that every step takes way longer than others. am i just this unlucky??

i'm the worrying-type. i always thought to myself that there is something suspicious with my or fiona's files. the consulate needs more time to investigate everything. and this in turn means potential visa rejection. am i worrying too much?

i know there is an old Chinese saying, basically goes something like everything good will eventually come, at a (much) later time. i just hope my long wait time would eventually translate to successful interview and getting the visa quickly for Fiona.

thanks all for reading.

hi, all:

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Consulate in China follows any kind of rule when assigning interview date. i'm asking this question because it seems that Fiona's (my fiancee) interview was scheduled at a much later time than everyone's else who's in the same P3 time frame. for example, i know that several people sent in their P3 around the time same time as Fiona; some even sent theirs later than Fiona did, but they all got interview date prior to hers. I've been in this K1 thing for a quite long time (longer than almost all of you). it seems that every step takes way longer than others. am i just this unlucky??

i'm the worrying-type. i always thought to myself that there is something suspicious with my or fiona's files. the consulate needs more time to investigate everything. and this in turn means potential visa rejection. am i worrying too much?

i know there is an old Chinese saying, basically goes something like everything good will eventually come, at a (much) later time. i just hope my long wait time would eventually translate to successful interview and getting the visa quickly for Fiona.

thanks all for reading.

Try not to worry too much and just go through the motions. Don't worry about other people either. Stay on top of your own situation. The time will come when your SO will get the visa. If she is denied and the consulate is requiring overcome documents then jump on it quickly. Strike while the iron's hot, I always say. Chances are that that will never happen. Just focus on getting the visa because afterall, that is all that matters at this point.

-good luck

Around Aug 20, they will begin scheduling interviews for late Oct. The dates will be assigned in an inverse order, until the dates in early October will be asigned in early Sept. Once in a while, we see a date in the first week of October being assigned around Sept 15 (i.e., about 2 weeks notice)

If past patterns still hold true

thanks all for the information and encouragement! when i get a chance, i will update (add) my timeline. i have a timeline written on VJ.

And, I always thought that the Consulate put all the "GZ #s" in a hat. :unsure:

Well, feels like it sometimes.

Welcome, ch1ch1. :victory:

Hang in there.

This may seem crazy to ya but I say be thankful for the delay. My girlfriend had a friend who got her P-3 a month before ours yet we got an interview 3 weeks before her's. We had prepared diligently and her friend didn't lift a finger to prepare. The friend got a pink slip and we got a blue with nothing asked for but to wait 3 months and e-mail GUZ if we haven't heard from them. I went back the next day after the interview to ACH, knowing they wouldn't tell me what they are lookin' at but trying my best with my 3 pages of notes with questions and comments.

Earlier, DOS had told me on one call that my girlfriend's case was entered into GUZ's system on a day in April yet on a subsequent call, a week later, they told me her P-3 was sent out the same day it was entered into the system. I never understood that and back then I thought our interview would be in late August or early September, not in July.

We are left with nothing but conjecture at this point, but one of the thoughts is that a security or name check was left out. It certainly makes sense to me but we still are in conjecture limbo. I say let them take their time and hope they get all the checks out of the way before the interview. And don't fall into the trap of lookin' at other's progress, every case is different. I would have been happy if our interview would have been a month, or even two later.

Good luck to ya,

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

This may seem crazy to ya but I say be thankful for the delay. My girlfriend had a friend who got her P-3 a month before ours yet we got an interview 3 weeks before her's. We had prepared diligently and her friend didn't lift a finger to prepare. The friend got a pink slip and we got a blue with nothing asked for but to wait 3 months and e-mail GUZ if we haven't heard from them. I went back the next day after the interview to ACH, knowing they wouldn't tell me what they are lookin' at but trying my best with my 3 pages of notes with questions and comments.

Earlier, DOS had told me on one call that my girlfriend's case was entered into GUZ's system on a day in April yet on a subsequent call, a week later, they told me her P-3 was sent out the same day it was entered into the system. I never understood that and back then I thought our interview would be in late August or early September, not in July.

We are left with nothing but conjecture at this point, but one of the thoughts is that a security or name check was left out. It certainly makes sense to me but we still are in conjecture limbo. I say let them take their time and hope they get all the checks out of the way before the interview. And don't fall into the trap of lookin' at other's progress, every case is different. I would have been happy if our interview would have been a month, or even two later.

Good luck to ya,

tsap seui

This sounds just like a security check issue.. no amount of interview preparation would change that... So, you cannot compare the two cases on "preparation".

Although the P3 documents can trigger another name check issue... they find discrepancy or question... or something on the P4 documents...

so, the moral of the story to me is: "preparation" may be really to do with proper documentation given, not brought to an interview !

Anyway... good luck and hopefully you hear something soon...