Biometrics Coming Up

Received two letters (identical) from USCIS that my wife's biometrics appointment is in a couple weeks. I'm not sure what happens after that -- probably more waiting. I'm thinking that CFL members have to be the most patient people in the world. :)

Thanks Jim

Yes, I did fill out the form you suggested, so that must be why I received the two letters. We have to go to Riverside on 9/5. When is our next soiree'? :)

Guest ShaQuaNew

Congratulations on your success thus far. It's just a long road, but the biometrics is a good milestone that will hopefully net you that sought after green card in the next few months.

:unsure:

Ron, if you filed AOS including the form that designates you as her representative they mail a duplicate copy of everything to you.

After she gets her photo and a complete set of prints you just wait until they schedule and interview or decide to mail the green card without an interview.

Damn, I wish I filled out the form at the time of filing AOS. :)

I didn't and am regretting that I didn't now. It's not like the I-129F where I was the petitioner and had easy access to USCIS. Now, whenever I called USCIS, they want to speak with my wife as she's the applicant. :(

RLS, our biometrics in on 9/6/07. Right behind you! :D

Ron, if you filed AOS including the form that designates you as her representative they mail a duplicate copy of everything to you.

After she gets her photo and a complete set of prints you just wait until they schedule and interview or decide to mail the green card without an interview.

Damn, I wish I filled out the form at the time of filing AOS. :(

I didn't and am regretting that I didn't now. It's not like the I-129F where I was the petitioner and had easy access to USCIS. Now, whenever I called USCIS, they want to speak with my wife as she's the applicant. :(

RLS, our biometrics in on 9/6/07. Right behind you! :lol:

I kick myself in the ass for not filling in that form, too. BTW, Mengwei had her Biometrics done yesterday. We were in and out in 20 minutes.

PS. Did any of you guys receive the I-485 NOA? We haven't received ours as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from biometrics. Piece of cake. I must say that the government office we went to was one of the most efficient I've ever seen. They not only knew what they were doing, but everyone there was polite. They even had us fill out a survey to grade them on their service. I gave them "Excellent" across the board. I guess it all depends on what office you go to and how well it is managed.

Now, I guess it's to wait for the interview. ;)

Just got back from biometrics. Piece of cake. I must say that the government office we went to was one of the most efficient I've ever seen. They not only knew what they were doing, but everyone there was polite. They even had us fill out a survey to grade them on their service. I gave them "Excellent" across the board. I guess it all depends on what office you go to and how well it is managed.

Now, I guess it's to wait for the interview. ;)

Hi Ron. Glad to hear things are rolling along for you two. It's nice to hear you're having some positive experience with USCIS. :)

We're off to my wife's biometrics appointment tomorrow. I hope we have as pleasant an experience as you guys.

Good luck to you Lance. I hope everyone who is going through this gets a well run office like we did. Oh yea, Jim, that avatar - it helped to have the setting sun at Newport and to have PhilB's wife Yun Yun take the picture. I'm handsome enough, I don't need no stinkin lighting. :P