Finances and the Chinese loved one

My qizi does not have the first clue on how to handle the household finances. She would be devestatedly lost without me paying the monthly bills and anything else that could pop up. I pay all the bills and handle them month by month to keep the collecters off of me. I can "juggle" pretty damn good! (when I have to)

It's true! She has no conception of it! I asked her didn't she have to pay bills in China. I never got a straight answer from her.

Well, to sum it up, my wife doesn't know how to pay bills. She doesn't seem interested in it at the least. How does your Chinese loved one handle it? What is their perception? Do they even care? :)

At first I did it all then slowly exposed her to the finances. First, got her name on the checking account, then the house, and then credit cards. Had her pay the bills for a few months so she would know how to write checks and to see the income and outgo. I would double check to be sure nothing was missed and that she wrote out the check correctly. Now, I'm paying most of them except for her credit card. She always writes the check for that.

In the last year we've changed most of our payments to be directly withdrawn from the checking account. Very convenient! :)

Edited by MarkD (see edit history)
My qizi does not have the first clue on how to handle the household finances. She would be devestatedly lost without me paying the monthly bills and anything else that could pop up. I pay all the bills and handle them month by month to keep the collecters off of me. I can "juggle" pretty damn good! (when I have to)

It's true! She has no conception of it! I asked her didn't she have to pay bills in China. I never got a straight answer from her.

Well, to sum it up, my wife doesn't know how to pay bills. She doesn't seem interested in it at the least. How does your Chinese loved one handle it? What is their perception? Do they even care?

After I told her I am deeply in debt, she told me to get another job or two so I can afford the $200 worth of beauty products she needs per month. :P