i485 - how long before they cashed your check?

Look at my VJ timeline: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=24665

We received NOA1 letter a week or so after the check was cashed.

Keep in mind that USCIS was flooded with petitions the 2 weeks before July 30 to beat the price hike.

i got the EAD/biometrics thing done much quicker than i thought...like a few weeks after I mailed the i765.

but, the check for AOS/i485 still has not posted.

i'm wondering if it was sent to the wrong office. i thought it was supposed to go to the chicago office, but it seems like everyone is posting that theirs went to their local in-state office.

which did you guys send to?

i got the EAD/biometrics thing done much quicker than i thought...like a few weeks after I mailed the i765.

i'm wondering if it was sent to the wrong office. i thought it was supposed to go to the chicago office, but it seems like everyone is posting that theirs went to their local in-state office.

Who posted they sent to their local office? :D

You sent it to the correct place: Chicago lock-box.

i'm wondering if it was sent to the wrong office. i thought it was supposed to go to the Chicago office, but it seems like everyone is posting that theirs went to their local in-state office.

AOS is mailed to the Chicago PO Box, if you sent it there then you should be fine. If you sent for EAD before did you send it to the service center that has jurisdiction over your area using Code (a )(9 )? This will result in the longer EAD with expire the same as the I-94, better than the (c )(6 ) one filed for with or after AOS filing.

USCIS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

i'm wondering if it was sent to the wrong office. i thought it was supposed to go to the Chicago office, but it seems like everyone is posting that theirs went to their local in-state office.

AOS is mailed to the Chicago PO Box, if you sent it there then you should be fine. If you sent for EAD before did you send it to the service center that has jurisdiction over your area using Code (a )(9 )? This will result in the longer EAD with expire the same as the I-94, better than the (c )(6 ) one filed for with or after AOS filing.

USCIS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

crapola! i think i'm screwed then...i filed EAD like 4 days before i sent the AOS stuff and i sent the AOS docs to chicago. does that mean i'm going to get a return mail, or will they forward it (we live in a perfect world, right?) to my local center?

Who posted they sent to their local office? :lol:

You sent it to the correct place: Chicago lock-box.

not i said the little bear.

i sent it to the chiacgo address dan posted (the one in the packet).

I don't know about your other stuff, but for the I-485 (AoS), you sent it to the correct address if you sent it to the address Dan posted.

yeah, but i setn the i765 in first. they cashed that check and she's got an appointment on the 21st, so all is well with that part.

the issue is if i sent it to the right address (the chicago one) based on the fact that i sent the i765 first/separately. that's what dan is saying i think.

timeline:

sent i765 first, to whatever address i was supposed to

- sent i485 second...few days later, to chicago address.

not sure if that clears things up.

btw, how long before they cashed your check???

Edited by mchina34 (see edit history)

I don't know about your other stuff, but for the I-485 (AoS), you sent it to the correct address if you sent it to the address Dan posted.

yeah, but i setn the i765 in first. they cashed that check and she's got an appointment on the 21st, so all is well with that part.

the issue is if i sent it to the right address (the chicago one) based on the fact that i sent the i765 first/separately. that's what dan is saying i think.

timeline:

Similar circumstance. I sent the I-765 two weeks before the I-485. I have not received NOA for the EAD, and not sure if we do, but checks were cashed not long after they received the applications. I did receive the Biometrics appointment letter 3 days ago, but not the NOA.

timeline:

Similar circumstance. I sent the I-765 two weeks before the I-485. I have not received NOA for the EAD, and not sure if we do, but checks were cashed not long after they received the applications. I did receive the Biometrics appointment letter 3 days ago, but not the NOA.

i got my biometrics appointment 30 days after i mailed off the i765, but no check cashed for the i485. maybe tomorrow morning it will post after midnight processing goes through. they must be really swamped, because i should've at least gotten my packet returned to me by now if they werne't going to accept it.

Mine went to Nebraska

alright, i got a sweetheart at USCIS today on the phone and she said that if i got a biometrics appointment then they accepted my i485.

she said they've been slammed due to the price deadline and that it could be a while before checks are cashed or NOA1 notices are sent.

i think dantheman mentioned this in another thread(dan??).

anyways, maybe an fyi for others in the same shoes.

1 week till biometrics are done!!!