Moon Festival Sept. 25

Last year, I met a wonderful lady Sept. 1.

We chatted, we enjoyed our talks and time together.

By the time Moon festival came around (10/6/2006) I was begging the moon lady that this was the person I was tied to at birth with my red thread.

Pictures of the wonderful lady in china sat next to my own with red thread connecting them.

This year, I planned to spend Moon Festival with my wife (still that wonderful woman) but it seems I wont have the time off from work.

Still, I will buy my moon cake, and thank the Moon Lady, the old man, and the rabbit on the moon.

Any of you others planning a trip to be with the love of your life for Moon Festival?

I notice toplaw is going over Sept. 21, so he will be there.

I am jealous !

Edited by credzba (see edit history)

By the time Moon festival came around (10/6/2006) I was begging the moon lady that this was the person I was tied to at birth with my red thread.

Pictures of the wonderful lady in china sat next to my own with red thread connecting them.

This year, I planned to spend Moon Festival with my wife (still that wonderful woman) but it seems I wont have the time off from work.

Still, I will buy my moon cake, and thank the Moon Lady, the old man, and the rabbit on the moon.

Any of you others planning a trip to be with the love of your life for Moon Festival?

I am jealous !

Interview is September 18th.....I'll be in China from September 14th until we leave TOGETHER FOR THE US on September 25th.

(THINK PINK>>>>THINK PINK>>>>>)

Steve

Yep, I'll be there!

We had planned my visit for the first week of September many months ago, but because of the Mooncake Festival we rescheduled my visit for this occasion, per my SO and her mother.

Also, October 1st is National Day. I'll be there for that one too.

Although I couldn't be happier to spend these holidays with my SO and her family, I am a bit sad knowing if it wasn't for the holidays I would be in her arms again on September 2nd as originally scheduled.

Soon to return to her shortly thereafter for a hopeful and successful interview. I'm thinking mid November.

Clayton

I am jealous !

Yes, I will be there too !! I had forgotten that this holiday was at this time !!

My Lao Po¡¯s birthday is in late September, so I am using some frequent flyer miles, and flying over to Guangzhou on the 21st and will be with her for about ten days. :blink:

I am jealous !

I will definitely be there, and the timing was not accidental. Ping wanted me to be there with her at this time of year. She will take a week of vacation followed by the week of the festival. We will watch the moon for you as we eat our mooncake. ;)

We are really anxious to be together again. It has been a long time since March 12.

I'll be there Sept 14-25.....inteview on the 18th, pick up the visa on the 20th and head to family manse in Zhaoqing, 2 hours away by bus....we depart GUZ on the 25th at 9PM.....guess we'll miss ya unless we have to wait an extra day or two in GUZ to pickup the visa....(WE ARE THINKING PINK!!!).

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

If you are located far from a Chinatown here in the U.S. try going online to:

www.shengkee.com

Bakery located in California that you can order from online. Has what looks to be a wide variety of mooncakes to choose from. Since I will be moving my family to Las Cruces, NM in mid September I may be ordering from them instead of buying from the Chinatown here in Las Vegas.

Although there may be something in El Paso if I am lucky.