Never To Be Seen Again

Both my girls LOVE the blue sky and moderate weather here. I have taken my daughter to LA 3 times now, and she could see the smog, but was NOT impressed... :P

-James

Thank heavens Dalian is not like that. But, the pollution in Dalian is actually bad enough that it has caused some breathing trouble sometimes for little Johnny. I can't wait for them to come back. All the countries of the world need to band together against China to force them to do something about that pollution.

Both my girls LOVE the blue sky and moderate weather here. I have taken my daughter to LA 3 times now, and she could see the smog, but was NOT impressed... :D

-James

I don't have a clue what you mean ... LA to see the smog ???

I hear the smog in the Inland Empire is becoming a tourist attraction. :rolleyes:

Both my girls LOVE the blue sky and moderate weather here. I have taken my daughter to LA 3 times now, and she could see the smog, but was NOT impressed... :D

-James

Jim, we went to Los Angeles for other reasons (Science Center, Exposition Park, Getty Museum). In both cases the air was visibly MUCH dirtier than in Buena Park. BUT, she said it was not NEARLY as bad as home in China or Guangzhou. No big deal! :rolleyes:

-James

Both my girls LOVE the blue sky and moderate weather here. I have taken my daughter to LA 3 times now, and she could see the smog, but was NOT impressed... :o

-James

Jim, we went to Los Angeles for other reasons (Science Center, Exposition Park, Getty Museum). In both cases the air was visibly MUCH dirtier than in Buena Park. BUT, she said it was not NEARLY as bad as home in China or Guangzhou. No big deal! :lol:

-James

You should see LA the day after a good rain. I could see the skyline from the balcony of the condo I lived in. A perfect day for Griffith Park to watch sunsets with a bottle of wine.

-James

Jim, we went to Los Angeles for other reasons (Science Center, Exposition Park, Getty Museum). In both cases the air was visibly MUCH dirtier than in Buena Park. BUT, she said it was not NEARLY as bad as home in China or Guangzhou. No big deal! :unsure:

-James

You should see LA the day after a good rain. I could see the skyline from the balcony of the condo I lived in. A perfect day for Griffith Park to watch sunsets with a bottle of wine.

Yes, in SoCal a moderate rain will clean the air completely. When I was in Guangzhou for LC's interview, it took 5 DAYS of rain before we saw a blue sky. It also cooled off enough that we had to close the window at night!!! I asked our hosts how often that happened (September interview) they said 'Never'.

-James

When I was in Guangzhou for LC's interview, it took 5 DAYS of rain before we saw a blue sky. It also cooled off enough that we had to close the window at night!!! I asked our hosts how often that happened (September interview) they said 'Never'.

You were lucky. Twice.

In over 12 years I have only seen a blue sky in Guangzhou maybe three times -- each after a major typhoon.

September is usually hot and muggy. I close the windows ... to use the AC.