AOS ready, but confused on filing

We will have our AOS (I-485, 765, 693 supplement, 864) ready to file tomorrow, but are confused as to where to file. Do we file at the local BCIS office (here in Las Vegas)as the BCIS website seems to vaguely imply? Or do we file at the regional service center (Laguna Niguel,CA)? Anyone know for sure where to file these forms? <_<

For what its worth Wolfman, we were told to file ours at the Regional Service Center in Atlanta. Unfortunatly, this appears to be the slowest center around. Laguna should be on their toes these days after the recent shredding incident. :lol:

For what its worth Wolfman, we were told to file ours at the Regional Service Center in Atlanta. Unfortunatly, this appears to be the slowest center around. Laguna should be on their toes these days after the recent shredding incident. :lol:

ask ALL offices where to file. Don't assume anything..

Filing at the wrong one is the leading cause of delays

I hope this is not too late.  You can either send them in or take them to the local BCIS office.  I lined up with my wife at the local office.  Got the work permit on the same day.

Not too late, Calvin, thanks. We will line up Monday since they are closed tomorrow. They open at 7:30 AM here and issue a limited number of "tickets" to see an immigrations officer. I just did not want to waste a whole day waiting in the wrong place, since I will have to do without any sleep that day. I will report on the experience afterward - for the benefit of future couples. :D

For what its worth Wolfman, we were told to file ours at the Regional Service Center in Atlanta. Unfortunatly, this appears to be the slowest center around. Laguna should be on their toes these days after the recent shredding incident. :redblob:

ask ALL offices where to file. Don't assume anything..

Filing at the wrong one is the leading cause of delays

I would be most interested to find out how folks obtained the phone numbers of "local offices". First of all, in this neck of the woods, there is no "local office". The nearest one is in Birmingham, 100 miles away and they only do fingerprints, not AOS or EAD. The Regional Office is in Atlanta, 225 miles away and they do not publicize any way to contact them by phone or e-mail. Only snail mail. Called the national BCIS number but they refused to give out the phone numbers for any of these places. How did you manage to check with the local office? :redblob: :lol:

How did you manage to check with the local office? :D  :huh:

In my case, it is just a matter of a 20-minute drive across town. But I have to line up outside, and at 7:30 AM an officer hands out a limited number of tickets. You have to have a ticket to go inside. There is a phone number written on the outside door of the building, which used to be answered by a real person. But now it just leads to the phone computer prompts. :(

Our local INS office open at 7:30 but people start lining up at 5:00. I went there at 6:30am, got in at 8:00, received the work permit at around 10:00. We then went to do her SNN afterward. Got everything done before noon.

By the way, for those of you who would like to have your wife's last name change, all you have to do is to let the INS officer know when he/she is checking your papers. They just have to cross out her last name and write the new name down. The INS officer asked if would we like to have my wife's last name change and that's how she did it. The work permit was issued under her new name.