Preparations for P3, P4 & Interview

I have printed all P3 and P4 information and downloaded pdf forms for both from CFL. Should I be preparing my fiancee now? (please see my timeline).Can you suggest what pdf's I should print and perhaps send to my SO to give her as a "heads-up" as to what's coming and what info she should be gathering? P3 looks like just DS-230 Part 1 and OF-169? P4 looks like a boat-load of forms?

Also, how many days before interview should my SO arrive in Guangzhou to allow time for medical results? I'm hoping to have the help of the Yang's at their establishment if we can reach them to make reservation? (how far in advance would you suggest contacting them?)

Thank you all!

When I knew that P-3 was on it's way to Yu, We worked on DS-230 part 1, and OF-169 to have ready to mail to GUZ. DS-230 part 2 is not used for K-Visas, (DS-230 part 2 is used in IR-1/CR-1 cases and is brought to interview unsigned)

Between P-3 and P-4, Yu acquired Police report, Birth Cert, Marriageability cert, I prepared I-134 etc. Plenty of time between P3 and P4.

P-4 to interview is time to prepare the p4 forms. You can use the online DS-156 but sometimes the medical people tend to give a hard time for not using the forms provided by the consulate, the consulate prefers the online form, it includes a special barcode on page 3 that contains all the data on page 1 and 2. Just need to be firm with the medical people and insist on including the barcode page.

https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

We traveled to GUZ the Wednesday before our Monday interview to give time for the medical, it was spring festival and we ended up having to do medical first thing Sunday morning, and pay extra to expedite the results to pick up Sunday afternoon.

If you plan on being in GUZ for the interview be in GUZ the Monday prior to the interview, the consulate has a American citizen's hour Monday afternoon at 2pm for concerned Americans to ask questions. ACH used to be on Fridays, but has been recently changed.

When I knew that P-3 was on it's way to Yu, We worked on DS-230 part 1, and OF-169 to have ready to mail to GUZ. DS-230 part 2 is not used for K-Visas, (DS-230 part 2 is used in IR-1/CR-1 cases and is brought to interview unsigned)

Between P-3 and P-4, Yu acquired Police report, Birth Cert, Marriageability cert, I prepared I-134 etc. Plenty of time between P3 and P4.

P-4 to interview is time to prepare the p4 forms. You can use the online DS-156 but sometimes the medical people tend to give a hard time for not using the forms provided by the consulate, the consulate prefers the online form, it includes a special barcode on page 3 that contains all the data on page 1 and 2. Just need to be firm with the medical people and insist on including the barcode page.

https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

We traveled to GUZ the Wednesday before our Monday interview to give time for the medical, it was spring festival and we ended up having to do medical first thing Sunday morning, and pay extra to expedite the results to pick up Sunday afternoon.

If you plan on being in GUZ for the interview be in GUZ the Monday prior to the interview, the consulate has a American citizen's hour Monday afternoon at 2pm for concerned Americans to ask questions. ACH used to be on Fridays, but has been recently changed.

Thank you. I'm surprised medical results available that quick?...thought there was an HIV test which generally takes 3 days for results? Thanks for the update on ACH on Mondays now.

How did you know that the P3 was coming to Yu? I just want to make sure my Fang can gather information and return forms quickly. Is P4 as many forms as I see at CFL? Did your Yu have difficulty understanding these forms? And lastly (sorry) can you recommend a nice place for my SO to stay for close proximity to medical and interview? I want her to be in a nice, clean, safe place for all of this.

Thanks so much for sharing and helping

Sorry, Michael, to piggy-back on your topic here, but I have a related question for those who have been through P3:

It seems that with the P3 there is a bar-coded letter that comes in the packet.

Is it required that this bar-coded letter be returned with the OF-169 and DS-230 part I?

Or do we only need to return the OF-169 and DS-230 part I and no other papers?

Thank you!

Sorry, Michael, to piggy-back on your topic here, but I have a related question for those who have been through P3:

It seems that with the P3 there is a bar-coded letter that comes in the packet.

Is it required that this bar-coded letter be returned with the OF-169 and DS-230 part I?

Thank you!

No problem, I learn from everyone's questions and welcome all! I am starting to look at P3 and P4 forms myself to get an idea on instructing my sweet Fang. I am also looking at visajourney.com because the have sample pdf forms to reference. Unfortunately, all of my questions may not be clearly answered, so I am sure I will be pestering the nice people at CFL!

only these 2 forms in P3 or I am short some papers that the SO sent to GUZ yesterday.

One thing to note.. if you have a child to follow, and that child is 16 or older, you have to have a DS 230 part 1 for them. My Lao po however insisted to send one for her son which he is only 12, but I said sure, it cant hurt...

>L