Wife will be here soon...

My wife is coming in less then 2 weeks on a CR-1 visa what are the next steps?

Can someone tell me where there is a list of things we need to do yet.

Thanks

She's coming CR-1? The biggest thing to do, is get the application filed for the SSN. Then take her to the nearest Asian market, so she can get some food that she is accustomed to. There is not much to do for the paperwork until the "90 days prior to the 2 year anniversary of entry into the US" time.

Thanks

looks like we are in the same boat.

i guess she has to get EAD (employment authorization) first, BEFORE you can apply for SSN. insane if you ask me.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25878

Thanks

looks like we are in the same boat.

i guess she has to get EAD (employment authorization) first, BEFORE you can apply for SSN. insane if you ask me.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25878

CR-1 is employment authorized - the green card arrives in the mail soon after arrival.

So if I take this all right, we can go down and apply for a SS card as soon as she gets here and wait for the green card to come in the mail? How long will that take?

What about travel out of the country I assume we need to wait for the green card?

Is there a list of things we need to do or how things actually work posted somewhere. I dont know if they gave my wife instruction or something with here visa I didnt ask...

We live right next to the Canandian border and with Vancouver less then an hour away with their big Chinese area it will be a good place for her to get things she likes.

Thanks,