Passport style photos

Probably not ... however there is an easy fix. Do a high resolution scan. Open the scan in something like Photoshop. Change the "canvas" or paper size to 50x50cm (don't change the "photo" size). Reprint on glossy photo paper with a good high res color printer.

Problem is that her shoulders are cut off in the picture. This change will cause a much larger border of white to the sides of her. Will this be ok?

I don't think it will be a problem because:

1) look at your passport photo.. even if you gave them a 2x2, it ain't 2xw anymore ! They trim the photo

2) When I submitted our photos, I sent them in the 'trimmed' size and had no problems...

but... maybe they're waiting for the next guy to give an RFE to...

I don't think it will be a problem because:

1) look at your passport photo.. even if you gave them a 2x2, it ain't 2xw anymore ! They trim the photo

2) When I submitted our photos, I sent them in the 'trimmed' size and had no problems...

but... maybe they're waiting for the next guy to give an RFE to...

And that next guy would probably be me <_<

While in Guanzhou, we had to make an urgent emergency run just before the hospital closed because they determined that the head was too big and not enough of her shoulders showed. It was a big panic 5 block run and then some extra $$$ to grease a couple of palms to get some new pics-quick!

Pics are cheap and easy to get. Why take chances? Give the .gov exactly what it wants and save the possibility of grief later.

My wife sent me some passport photos. All specs meet with the exception of the width of the photo. The specs call for 2"x2" or 50x50 cm. The photo I have is 35 cm width. Will this cause a problem??

Probably not, but why not just get a 50mm*50mm picture taken and rule out the possibility of it causing a problem? I would...just go down to wally world and get them cheap.

It is part of the instruction, so I would follow them.

Hey man, hope you're doing well!

If it ain't one thing it's another :huh:

Later,

Steve B)

And the kicker is that this is the 2nd beginning....lol. hope you are doing well too Steve. :Dah:

I want to add this, and I'm doing it here rather than a PM because I think you deserve the recognition.

I have received many kind and encouraging words here, at least where Ying is concerned ;) , words about my devotion and such, but I want to say that your devotion and dedication to what I am positive will be a life-long relationship deserve the same praise.

You are strong to go through this and are a rich man.

It is an honor to know you, even if it is just in cyberspace.

You know the game inside out by now, do it right.

Steve

When it comes to devotion to our wives Steve you are at the top of the list buddy. Your story has given me much strength I must say. I will do it right just as you are.

We shall prevail brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing that can stop us will be us and NOT GZ!!!! I know we will never stop doing what is best for our family.

I'll be damned if I'll try to skim and cause any more delays.

Thanks Steve :angry:

Thanks Steve :o

Hey man, hope you're doing well!

If it ain't one thing it's another :)

Later,

Steve B)

And the kicker is that this is the 2nd beginning....lol. hope you are doing well too Steve. :huh:

I want to add this, and I'm doing it here rather than a PM because I think you deserve the recognition.

I have received many kind and encouraging words here, at least where Ying is concerned ;) , words about my devotion and such, but I want to say that your devotion and dedication to what I am positive will be a life-long relationship deserve the same praise.

You are strong to go through this and are a rich man.

It is an honor to know you, even if it is just in cyberspace.

You know the game inside out by now, do it right.

Steve

When it comes to devotion to our wives Steve you are at the top of the list buddy. Your story has given me much strength I must say. I will do it right just as you are.

We shall prevail brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing that can stop us will be us and NOT GZ!!!! I know we will never stop doing what is best for our family.

I'll be damned if I'll try to skim and cause any more delays.

Thanks Steve ;)

Thanks Steve :)

I must say that both of you men are an inspiration. I would say both of you handle your situations with a lot of class and your wives are truly lucky that you are in thier lives. I'm sure you feel the same about your women.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

And presto I have it!!!!!!! My wife had a 50x50 shot taken and then emailed it to me in jpg form. I put it on the paint program and I printed it out in the middle if a 4x6 glossy piece of photo paper. Perfect 50x50 size. :lol: Now all I have to do is cut it out and awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it goes!!!

Curt I was thinking just that. With all of the trouble I have had, the extra $25.00 for her to send the right ones with a 4 day delivery sure sounds good. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would not take the chance, just get it done the way its asked

Curt I was thinking just that. With all of the trouble I have had, the extra $25.00 for her to send the right ones with a 4 day delivery sure sounds good. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would not take the chance, just get it done the way its asked

I did what they asked. This is what they call for:

3) A passport-style color photo of yourself and a passport-style color photo of your husband or wife,taken within 30 days of the date of this petition. The photos must have a white background and be glossy unretouched and not mounted. The dimensions of the full frontal facial image should be about 1 inch fromthe chin to top of the hair. Using pencil or felt pen,lightly print the name (and Alien Registration Number,if known) on the back of each photograph.

And finally from the DOS themselves, http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/dig...igital_880.html.

I am certain the qualifications are met. The photo is very sharp.

Speaking of passport style photos, a photo place nearby my home has closed after many years of service to the community. Now I guess Walgreens gets to do the passport photos now. I just got back from there. They use a 4 mp hand held digital camera, put you in front of a white projector screen they pull down, take the card from the camera, size the picture properly with their editing functions, then send the photo to the printer. Turns out that their quality is not quite as good as the quality I came up with doing my wife's photo as I mentioned earlier.