How Do I Type in Chinese characters?

I know this has been posted before, but, can someone please tell me how to type Chinese characters on my keyboard? Thanks

:blush:

I know this has been posted before, but, can someone please tell me how to type Chinese characters on my keyboard? Thanks

:(

I didn't even know there was a way? My computer "tells" me to install some MS software, some kind of "Chinese Language Pack", but I've never looked into it. Maybe someone can tell us if it is a translator as well?

:)

Aiiiyaahhh! Ron ... you blew it. You walked right by a desk with a PeeCee and a Mac both of which type Chinese characters just fine ... you could have had a demo!

I guess that means you must come back.

ÕâÊÇдÖÐÎĵķ½Ê½¡£

It must have been the wine, Jim. :angry:

in the "communications" pinned topic is a link to make your computer chinese like... Installing chinese on Win XP.. something like that.

Thanks for the info, David. I followed it to the "T" but now I don't know where to take it from there. I had to reboot, then I went to "Word" and it still types English. I'll keep trying. Ron

in the "communications" pinned topic is a link to make your computer chinese like... Installing chinese on Win XP.. something like that.

Thanks for the info, David. I followed it to the "T" but now I don't know where to take it from there. I had to reboot, then I went to "Word" and it still types English. I'll keep trying. Ron

Look at the bottom right of your desktop, you should see a button with the letters "EN". Click on this and a menu will pop up giving you the choice of English or Chinese. To switch back simply click on the button again.

I made a video to help out with getting your input language to work and posted it on my website. Forgive the high resolution, I just didn't feel like changing it down. These are instructions for windows XP.

http://www.kaidllc.com/chineseinput/

.............show off <_<

thats awesome dude...

Don should pin this

:lol: Maybe I'll take the time to put it 800x600 and do it for Vista also...

Mac? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Edited by Zachary And Lychee (see edit history)

if you have a mac....

tough titalee winks <_<

Bill ... a Mac is easier than a PC.

System Prefs->International->Input

then check:

Simplified Chinese

Show Input Menu in Menu Bar

You'll now have the choice of a US flag for English input and a Chinese flag for Chinese input on a pull down menu in the menu bar.

That's the implementation in 10.3.9, I never have bought 10.4

if you have a mac....

tough titalee winks <_<

then check:

Simplified Chinese

You'll now have the choice of a US flag for English input and a Chinese flag for Chinese input on a pull down menu in the menu bar.

That is very simple. Do they have options for the different chinese keyboard inputs by chance?

if you have a mac....

tough titalee winks :D

then check:

Simplified Chinese

That is very simple. Do they have options for the different chinese keyboard inputs by chance?

Not that I know of, but then I've not researched it. It's the good ol' type the Pinyin and pick the right character from the pop up list method (can't remember what you call that).

I never cease to be amazed at how fast Er Mei can type with that method!