What is ACH? I've seen this abbreviation in the Interview forums, but a search for this brings up nothing. What does it stand for? I suppose it is an information session before your interview. Am I right? If so, how do you set it up? Thanks.

American Citizen's Hour (ACH) For K-1 Fiancee Visas it's on Fridays at 2:20 p.m. You don't need an appointment. Just go to the American Consulate around 1 or 1:30 p.m. and go up to the 5th floor and get in line. They take you through a metal detector and you stand in line for a number. You sit down and wait for your number to be called. You then can go to the window and ask a VO anything you like about your petition. They do give you a form to fill out prior to you talking to a VO. You're supposed to give it to the VO at the window. On the form they ask for your SO's GUZ number and name. You're also supposed to write down on the form what questions you might have. Some question whether going to ACH is worth it or not... but for me it wasn't such a big deal. I went to the Consulate at 1:45 p.m. went in and stood in line for about 10 minutes... waited for about 30 minutes to talk to the VO. Spent about 5 minutes with the VO and left. The VO was very nice and made some good comments on my file. I think going to ACH is simple and painless. Does it help? Hmmm.. can't say for sure, but it doesn't hurt either.

I firmly believe that it helps. It gives you the opportunity to ask any last minute questions, correct any errors and have your case preliminarily reviewed. They also document in your file for the interview that you were there. They must do that for "some" reason.