Silly Application Support Center chaos?

I got a request to come to the Application support center with my wife for fingerprinting for her employment authorization. Hooray! ...wait...Loisianna? ....there's a support center in Alabama...which is where I live...which is 1 hr away...LA one is 7 hours away...

What makes more sense?

Is there any way to contact them and ask to be moved to that support center? Therefore not loosing so much time from work...plus transportation cost? Bills are tight, everything that can break has.

Where in Alabama do you live? I live in Anniston which is about 50 miles east of Birmingham. My last wife was an immigrant... she was from Uzbekistan. When we had our Adjustment of Status interview it was in Atlanta and they did the fingerprinting there in Atlanta. But when she needed biometrics done (fingerprinting) for something to do with her 10 year green card, she went to Birmingham to do it.

I think if you just go to the closest ASC, a few days before your appointment, bring all the paperwork, and have a big friendly smile they'll probably just process you. The few days will give you a chance to recover if they won't process you.

We went a few days early to one of our biometric appointments and had no problem ... it wasn't at a different center, however.

Good luck!

I think if you just go to the closest ASC, a few days before your appointment, bring all the paperwork, and have a big friendly smile they'll probably just process you. The few days will give you a chance to recover if they won't process you.

We went a few days early to one of our biometric appointments and had no problem ... it wasn't at a different center, however.

Good luck!

We tried this also, but were turned away. The time we tried, however, was fairly crowded (the guy looked around the room first), so be sure to go late in the afternoon when they can tell if they have enough time for you.

It is easy to go online and change the location and date using infopass. You can avoid the uncertainty of getting in the door this way.

Could you give me a how-to? I googled infopass and went to the infopass link, clicked the make appointment, entered the info asked for, and it tries to schedule me for an appointment in Atlanta. I can't find an option to move my assigned appointment location/date.

Is there somewhere else I should be going?? Or some other link, website, or whatever I should go to?

I called USCIS and the lady says don't worry, go to Birmingham on your appointment date. I've gotten no correct information when I've called before, so I don't really trust her...tone in her voice suggested she was playing by ear.

The ASC appointment notice says in bold capital letters, PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.

I told her that, and she says don't worry about it, it just means show up at ANY office.

:rolleyes: