Chinese Markets

Someone mentioned that there was a thread here on finding Chinese markets, but my search turned up empty.

I'm in Phoenix and I've googled everything I can think of and still have no clue where Chinese markets in my area are. I'm certain they exist, but I'm sure they don't have their own websites and what not.

Does anyone have a link to any kind of Asian market listing site? How does everyone else find the nearest Asian grocery store? By chance?

Phoenix area grocery stores

he Super L Ranch Market , set in the heart of the COFCO Chinese Cultural Center, is an upscale Asian supermarket specializing in items imported from Asia, fresh produce and the freshest seafood available in Phoenix. It also features a first-class bakery.

The Super L Ranch Market is your one-stop grocery store in Phoenix.

Open 9:00 am - 9:00 pm - 7 days a week - Telephone: 602-225-2288

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Phoenix area grocery stores

he Super L Ranch Market , set in the heart of the COFCO Chinese Cultural Center, is an upscale Asian supermarket specializing in items imported from Asia, fresh produce and the freshest seafood available in Phoenix. It also features a first-class bakery.

The Super L Ranch Market is your one-stop grocery store in Phoenix.

Open 9:00 am - 9:00 pm - 7 days a week - Telephone: 602-225-2288

Thanks Randy. I've been to the cultural center but it was quite a few years ago. All it had was a couple of restaurants and artifact stores when I was there. i'll definitely check it out again. And thanks for the other list.

i started a thread like that under the contacts

but it didnt catch hold

all i can do is central florida :rolleyes:

It's a great idea. You want to organize it? Everyone could PM you with information about Asian markets, addresses and phone numbers and you could organize it state by state. Put it all together and post it. If it needs updated any mod can add or subtract info. Don is on a forum kick, maybe he will make a subforum for it.

but it didnt catch hold

all i can do is central florida :)

It's a great idea. You want to organize it? Everyone could PM you with information about Asian markets, addresses and phone numbers and you could organize it state by state. Put it all together and post it. If it needs updated any mod can add or subtract info. Don is on a forum kick, maybe he will make a subforum for it.

Come on Bill, do it man. I'll be happy to give you Atlanta's info.

but it didnt catch hold

all i can do is central florida :toot:

Come on Bill, do it man. I'll be happy to give you Atlanta's info.

Great idea to sticky that thread too. Although I found all of the websites helpful and I made a list of them all (thanks everyone), I'm certain there are some excellent mom and pop asian markets that don't have listings anywhere other than word of mouth.

99 Ranch markets are in a number of states. There is a ZIP code locater here.

You would think California would be full of them, but the closest one to me is:

Rowland Heights Store

1015 S. Nogales Street

Rowland Heights , CA 91748

(626) 964-5888

That's quite a drive for me. Oh well, I'll have to use a local Vietnamese Market. There is one guy in there who speaks Chinese.