NO DS230 part II in our p4

Is that normal? We are K3. The CFL FAQ only lists documents needed for K1 and it lists DS230 part II as one of them.

:)

Crapola!

P4 Documents for K1:

"

1. Appointment letter in English

2. K-1 appointment (packet 4) letter

3. Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

4. Important notice in Chinese for photograph specifications (GIV-1)

5. Supplemental form GNI-2

6. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

7. Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

8. Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

9. Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

10. Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

11. Vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025)

12. Medical history and physical examination worksheet (DS-3026)

13. Nonimmigrant visa application (DS-156) and nonimmigrant visa application for applicants 16 years and older (DS-157) (two sets)

14. Nonimmigrant fianc¨¦e visa application (DS-156K)""

I guess I am wrong...looks like I was reading for CR1. I'll be back though, because I don't think we have the GNI2 or the DS156k, or GIV1. Just DS156/157, GIV8, GIV24, Appointement letter, and I think that's it.

The K-Visas don't use DS-230 part 2, that is for the immigration visas like IR-1,CR-1, that is why it is not in packet 4, and not listed on the consulate website as being part of packet 4.

The DS-156K is the sworn statement used by the K-visas that replaces DS-230 part 2.

SEE: http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/visa_packet_forms3.html

here is the GUZ website for K3 P4 docs:

Forms in the Appointment packet (packet 4):

Appointment letter (packet 4) in Chinese

Appointment instructions for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part II)

Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

Medical examination forms

Requirements for Immigrant Visa Application (GIV-1)

---

I think the GNI-2 is for K1... Not sure if K3 does DS-156K ....

David, I think you quoted the IR-1/CR-1 page of GUZ site not the K-3 (Life Act) Page SEE: http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/visa_packet_forms3.html

The GNI-2 is the statement of marriagability from the consulate and of course does not apply, the DS-156K is filled out by K-3 visa beneficiaries because they are using a modified version of the K-1 visa.

From DOS:

Applying for a Visa

The embassy or consulate where you, the spouse of an American citizen, will apply for a K-3 visa must be in the country where your marriage took place. Here are the procedures to apply. The embassy or consulate will let you know any additional things to do, such as where you need to go for the required medical examination. During the interview process, an ink-free, digital fingerprint scan will be taken. The following is required:

• Two copies of form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application

• One DS-156K, Nonimmigrant Fianc¨¦(e) Visa Application form

• Police certificates from all places lived in since the age of 16

• Birth certificates

• Marriage certificate for spouse

• Death and divorce certificates from any previous spouses

• Medical examination (except vaccinations)

• A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States .

• Two nonimmigrant visa photos, two inches/50 X 50 mm square, showing full face, against a light background)

• Proof of financial support (Form I-134 Affidavit of Support may be requested.)

• Payment of fees, as explained below

The consular officer may ask for additional information. It is a good idea to bring marriage photographs and other proof that the marriage is genuine.

Documents in foreign languages should be translated. Take clear, legible photocopies of civil documents, such as birth and marriage certificates, to the visa interview. Original documents can then be returned to you.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2993.html

Guangzhou does not have DS-156K listed in the K-3 download page but that may be an error on the web page, not sure is Guangzhou is different than what is posted on DOS site, but I would have a DS-156K prepared, but not signed, just in case.

Yes that is right, DS-230 part 2 is for IR1/CR1. For k visa, you got DS156 instead.

DS156, or DS156k? Just making sure you didn't forget to attach that oh so important 'K'! :)

DS-156K (K-Visa application) as well as DS-156 Non-immigrant application.

Yes that is right, DS-230 part 2 is for IR1/CR1. For k visa, you got DS156 instead.

DS156, or DS156k? Just making sure you didn't forget to attach that oh so important 'K'! :)

DS-156K (K-Visa application) as well as DS-156 Non-immigrant application.

I have K3, NOT K1, visa guys, is that why we might have not gotten this form? Or was this a mistake?

nevermind...i'm just going to do what dan said and fill the damn thing out just in case.

Edited by mchina34 (see edit history)

You should have both the DS-156 and the DS-156K. We received both.

Ok, I just wonder if it's different for the K3. My woman just told me I alredy did them for her back in october when I brought her papers....datesa nd codes, etc match too, so we're all done! :)

You should have both the DS-156 and the DS-156K. We received both.

Ok, I just wonder if it's different for the K3. My woman just told me I alredy did them for her back in october when I brought her papers....datesa nd codes, etc match too, so we're all done! :)

it would be good to eventually hear from your SO if they want the DS-156K or not... the K3 is absent a list from the FAQ since I have never nailed it down with one... I'd like to eventually hear it directly from a K3...