My wife finally received her P3 today 13Jun07. NVC mailed the docs to GUZ on 2Apr07. GUZ mailed the P3 to my wife on 7Jun07. I am very happy that she has finally received the docs finally.

The problem is, from my understanding, is that the docs are in English and my wife can not read them. I need advice to help her complete the documents. Does anyone have someone in China that she could call? Or any other ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlos

TIMELINE:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

Marriage: 2006-08-16

I-130 Sent: 2006-11-01

I-130 NOA1: 2006-11-09

I-129F Sent: 2006-11-21

I-129F NOA1: 2006-12-07

I-129F RFE(s): 2007-02-15

RFE Reply(s): 2007-03-01

I-129F NOA2: 2007-03-16

NVC Received: 2007-03-22

NVC Left: 2007-04-02

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 Received: 2007-06-13

In the area of other ideas ...

Does she have access to a computer or know anyone who does?

If so, why don't you prepare the documents and e-mail them to her for her to sign?

You'll need access to Adobe Acrobat Professional. You can fill our fillable forms and save them with the data you enter preserved (you cannot in Acrobat Reader). As I recall, some things in P3 are not fillable forms, in that case you can take scans and insert text windows in the right places and fill them out. The forms that require Chinese I'm assuming she can do after discussion with you.

You can then e-mail the filled out forms to China where they can be printed, either by the person who receives them or she can find some little shop that does printing.

Sounds like a great idea but I do not know what is in the P3. I have never seen one. I know I have to mail her the I-130. I will be mailing that this weekend. I do not know what she needs to do.

Thanks.

If so, why don't you prepare the documents and e-mail them to her for her to sign?

You'll need access to Adobe Acrobat Professional. You can fill our fillable forms and save them with the data you enter preserved (you cannot in Acrobat Reader). As I recall, some things in P3 are not fillable forms, in that case you can take scans and insert text windows in the right places and fill them out. The forms that require Chinese I'm assuming she can do after discussion with you.

You can then e-mail the filled out forms to China where they can be printed, either by the person who receives them or she can find some little shop that does printing.

Also, yes, she does have a computer.

Yes this what we did, You only need to return DS-230 page 1,2 (Part 1) and http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf (

Fillable DS-230)

OF-169 not fillable, but SO just has to print it, and check off what she has for the interview.

Those 2 things get sent to:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

001 has guides in Chinese to help fill them out.

DS-230 http://laogonglaopo.com/001files/form/DS-2...PartI_Guide.pdf

OF-169 is in both Chinese and English so is not a problem.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)