NO APPEAL STILL

Hi everyone:

Me and Lin are still waiting to hear from the Appeal board not a single word since January when they said they received the request. I called INS a couple of times and they tell me nothing and say I can only wait ..

Lin has a NY Id so we are planning to go to Texas for a week (work). I would REALLY like to use my 3 week vacation time to go back to China so Lin can see his family, does anyone know if Advanced Parole is impossible while waiting for an appeal?

Hope everyone is doing well .. We are good .. just busy as heck with the new job and the new house.

Hugs to everyone

Toni

Damn Toni that sucks. Amazing how they can screw things up. I doubt he can get AP because according to them he is out of status and no AOS has been processed. I would get an info pass apointment and see what they say. It may be due time to get a lawyer and file a mandamus. They are the ones who lost your paperwork and didn't file the change of address.

Hi everyone:

Me and Lin are still waiting to hear from the Appeal board not a single word since January when they said they received the request. I called INS a couple of times and they tell me nothing and say I can only wait ..

Lin has a NY Id so we are planning to go to Texas for a week (work). I would REALLY like to use my 3 week vacation time to go back to China so Lin can see his family, does anyone know if Advanced Parole is impossible while waiting for an appeal?

Hope everyone is doing well .. We are good .. just busy as heck with the new job and the new house.

Hugs to everyone

Toni

Hi Toni,

I quess I am confused ,it says on your site that your husband received the green card .

If so then what is the problem ?

It's bad enough to see screw ups within the same department in that state. The situation that you're in, from moving from CA to NY, who knows when they will decide. I will agree will Carl to set up an infopass appointment. You have nothing to lose except a day from work. Although I don't think they'll grant an AP if your case is pending.

Hi everyone:

Hugs to everyone

Toni

Hi Toni,

I quess I am confused ,it says on your site that your husband received the green card .

If so then what is the problem ?

No .. that is a field which I am hoping to populate with a date in the near future. We do not have a green card .. we are still waiting for Appeal . Perhaps I will remove the field so it doesn't confuse anyone

I'm sure this swings from tough to awful at times.. hoping for a positive outcome soon for you two...

I have a kind of update. Last week I got a notice from USCIS sayiing that the I-485 has been recieved and is pending and at the National Benefits Center. I am planning now to schedule an infopass for some questions that I have. When we filed the I-485 this application was given a MSC # later when I filed the Appeal they gave me a different MSC #. The status of the first original MSC # is what changed. My bad is that I hadn't noticed that the number was different so I don't know what the status was before. The last time I saw it the status was "Interview Cancelled". Anyway, I don't know if it is supposed to have different numbers or also if the reason the first MSC# changed was because they just received our file from CA .. or if it means that they decided to reopen the case. I will go to the Infopass because it is all I can do .. but I am not really expecting to get a real answer .. They still haven't asked me to send in updated financials which makes me think they are not doing anything. If they looked at my case it is obvious that my salary and job changed so I would assume they would be looking for an update. :Dah: I am still hopeful though and saving my vacation days so that if it comes through, then we can go back to China for a couple of weeks this year. Lin misses China VERY VERY much.

David - I really haven't heard anyone ever say they had a great experience with a lawyer .. I don't trust them and don't want to throw thousands out the window if they cannot do anything more then I can do myself. I rather invest it in the new house. What could a lawyer do except call and call and call like I do and the answer is: when a case is in appeal the time frame is 18 months and there is no one to call. They can see my case is in Missouri but that is all they can say.

Me and Lin will be going to Texas for a week next month. I have to give a presentation in Irving TX and meet with some VP's. I am so happy I got the NY State ID so I can take him with me.